Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Because it’s the best game in the series so far, I’ll keep playing and using many of the great islands, this one included.

Thanks for the update.:)

all fine with Lingor v1.5, anyone still playing? ;)

The would be a 'Hell' and a 'Yeah!'

Glad to see you guys still playing. I've had a blast with my team (SBP) tonight, great 4-hour coop operation. Here's a shot from it ;)

serviolax.jpg

Yup, its a Serviola Class Patrol Boat!

"A gift of Spain", made by FFAA Mod guys: Lobogei, Peloton, Abi, additional tweaks by me.

Update for Lingor units is coming, I just need to punch in couple of fixes.

ohh very nice Ice, glad to see you are still showing us A2 holdouts some love!

good to see a updae comming up and with nice presents :) (yesssss Still playing arma 2 with these islands :) )

Thank you very much for keeping these units/islands updated for A2.

Hey Ice, what pack is ibr_cocaine in? I can't find it.

ibr_cocaine // placable item for visuals

ibr_cocaine_item // as inventory item

Hello Icebreaker,

In advance, let me thank you for the awesome job you have done and still do for the ArmA community.I have enjoyed much of your work in ArmA and it's pretty spectacular. Which brings me to my main question. In the Lingor unit pack, there is included a representation of the Embraer EMB-312 Super Tucano in the Drug Lords faction. As I can see, it's mostly based on this particular version of the Tucano:

81c17ffdb13763098cbe1de9b3e08a7d-d45ow9v.jpg

For a while, I have been searching for a suitable two-seat instruction plane, which my gaming unit (and the community more importantly) can use for training. The Tucano, either in Embraer or British Short version, would be perfectly fine for that purpose. The question however is quality. As you stated in the included info, the Tucano is rather crude, more suitable for AI use. I would like to change that, or help to achieve that change. Of course, that would require your permission.

My quest so far has been to find some-one that is able to help me in achieving that goal. In the Armaholic forums, I have sought a suitable moddeller, as I am a complete newbie to that part of modding. However, as expected, there are more requests for all kinds of ludicrous mods than there ever will be capable editors. Perhaps you can advise me on that.

Furthermore, I always think you should not demand things if you do not contribute, so I am willing (and capable) of texture making. I have done much graphical designing outside ArmA, but recently turned my attention to editing ArmA. It works out pretty well.

Example of my work:

arma2oa+2013-12-16+10-07-44-22.jpg

Let's see if you can help/advise me on the matter to create a suitable trainer aircraft, for which you have once placed the first steps.

EDIT: I am also working on a reskin of the AS350 that is within the modpack. I wonder if you would permit me to work on it?

arma2oa+2014-01-03+14-53-24-93.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Kaz

Edited by Kazimierz

Kazimierz: there are couple of people always involved in the development and permissions "department". If you would like to contribute to the project let me know via Skype or mail. I don't allow any "spin-offs", due to bad experience with some Life/Dayz members I've encountered.

eran100: it does.

Kazimierz: there are couple of people always involved in the development and permissions "department". If you would like to contribute to the project let me know via Skype or mail. I don't allow any "spin-offs", due to bad experience with some Life/Dayz members I've encountered.

Roger, thanks for the reply! I will definitely contact you in order to contribute!

To the author: great map,is it or will it be available in arma3 standalone atall? as in i dont have arma2.

Thanks

It will be available soon after BIS will release their new tools for terrain editing (road pathways, rvmat compatibility).

BIS Team & fellow community members, please help us resolve the CTD issue in A3. I'm preparing island to A3 standards, but we always run into CTD. I can supply the rpts and logs, but cannot extract what would be the cause of crashing. Alduric from A3MP tried to find the cause, ran into the same "wall" as me & my team did. I would really like to see my islands in A3 soon, please help. Thanks.

So far I've been unable to pinpoint the problem... just to let you know no solution has been found yet. I'm disabling mods and parts of the map to see if that can eliminate the CTD bug.

Good to hear your working on it mate ;) All of your maps are much appreciated!

I also tried to make Lingor work on arma 3 with A3MP, it works great for the most part,about 80% of the map, but when i reach bottom right part of the map it crashes. You can play on it for hours if you never go over there...

Edited by Mikederel

Mikederel: please fly over Calapedro (central area at the river corner) and rpt back. Thanks.

Mikederel: please fly over Calapedro (central area at the river corner) and rpt back. Thanks.

Yes thats pretty much where it starts for me, i just tried it and crashed..