Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Thanks Ice, I can tell you right now the campaign I'm working on will bring out the best of Lingor, arma2s greatest map.

I have a mini coop campaign for Unsung ready (7 missions), release soon ;)

I have a mini coop campaign for Unsung ready (7 missions), release soon ;)

I Don't Wanna Go To Vietnam :o

I checked and checked and didn't find and ASIAN GO GO DANCING girls.

Your mod is incomplete if you don't have any of these:

Otherwise, great mod

Thanks IceBreakr! Increasing love for Lingor on my side; can someone maybe point me to best available[1] Lingor SP missions? I'm sure there are numerous, but sure there will be standouts... TIA!

[1] I'm suffering from the limited time syndrome, therefore I don't want to waste my time with bad missions :)

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Sorry for the delay but I was visiting your county again, enjoying everything your country has to offer ............ sometimes a bit to much :811:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

What a great island. Great job

I even renewed my account just to say this! :cool:

Hello people, new here and just saying hello 2u and just a little bit more. Since Ofp, yep and 36j old, thanks..i know:cool:

It is awesome,always has been and i love Lingor very much.. but....always there is a but hey..

Guys, where does the UGV SA-2 Guidelined missile on the introduction picture of 1.5 come from?

VinniMe: guess we have a lot in common (ofp, age, i love Palm beer etc.) ;) SA-2 is from Unsung mod 2.5.

And as we "speak", i'm going to pop one open now, i think i have one or two of those left in the fridge.. cheers and thanks

Time = [toPlace,"a_few","missiles"] on "your\island.sqs"; :p

I think there may be some problem with road segments on Lingor 1.4 (haven't opportunity to dowload 1.5 yet, so do not know, perhaps this is solved in 1.5).

Tested some roadpath finder script on Lingor using roadsConnectedTo and noted two road segments, that used with roadsConnectedTo command return in RPT such message:

Warning: roadsConnectedTo did not found the input road segment

And empty array, although visually these are connected with another segments (are part of common looking dirt road).

Both segments found by me are located in Alma village, at T-crossroad near fountain:

"segment: 191341: mud_25.p3d pos: [1160,696.5,0.272324] connected segments: []"

"segment: 191322: mud_6konec.p3d pos: [1160,712.125,-0.0263901] connected segments: []"

Not sure, perhaps there is more such segments, but tested many, and found these two only.

Hi !

I'm working on a project of a long time mission for ARMA 2 based on Lingor Island : I aim to let the player choose between several missions through computers in the BLUFOR base.

But first of all, I want to add some realism to the island, by adding Lingor civilians in towns. I followed db's tutorial, but I don't understand how to use Lingor's civilians instead of ARMA 2/OA ones.

I tried to create a SecOp mission on Lingor, and Lingor's civilians automatically appeared in towns. So instead of using the Ambiant Civilians Module, maybe I could use the SecOp Manager, by deactivating custom missions with this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]]; and forcing Civilians spawn.

Any idea ? Help is most welcome :) thanks !

hi i'm interested too in creating a mission with the island populateted by lingor units.where i can find the tutorial?

I seem to have a bit of trouble playing lingor and i would like to ask the community if anyone else experienced the same issue, so here goes:

We have recently installed Lingor 1.5 on our community'server, we have alwas been playing lingor 1.4 (along with many more islands, ACE/ACRE, etc) without issues and now it has crashed three times in three days already while playing on 1.5.

I am not sure whether the problem is caused by the island itself or lies somewhere else (my guess would be the second, since it's been ever since arma3 alpha was installed on another partition that the server is laggy at times) so i would like to know if anybody else experienced this issue while on lingor 1.5.

Regardless of this issue, i really like the job icebreakr did with the island and look forward for an update on lingor units too, blufor army (GAL) pattern kicks some serious ass.

Hey guys, I am currently in the middle of setting up a mission with lingor/lingor_units and for some reason the Engineer/Saboteur classes are not able to repair disabled vehicles like their non-lingor equivalents. The lingor medics are working correctly but not the Engineers.

Has this already been discussed / covered here? Or am I messing something up with the mission?

Cheers

Hey guys, I am currently in the middle of setting up a mission with lingor/lingor_units and for some reason the Engineer/Saboteur classes are not able to repair disabled vehicles like their non-lingor equivalents. The lingor medics are working correctly but not the Engineers.

Has this already been discussed / covered here? Or am I messing something up with the mission?

Cheers

I told IB a while ago when i ported wasteland over, i think he's working on it, or he forgot it, or he's too lazy, :)

I told IB a while ago when i ported wasteland over, i think he's working on it, or he forgot it, or he's too lazy, :)

Ah, thanks Rudy. I wondered if I should just ask you directly since it is actually a Wasteland port I am doing (sorry I didn't even know about yours until a few weeks in to dev with ours, so not a copycat I swear ;) )

Oh well, glad to know it wasn't something I was doing wrong with the mission.sqm (eg. missing an addon ref).

Hey, speaking of lingor_units addons in the mission.sqm, how did you work out all the required addon entries for non-vehicle items such as the guns? As you know, with Wasteland the guns get put in via sqf code (inserting them into cars and weapon crates) so not something that you can simulate with the mission editor ... or can you? (I tend to do everything through text editing so rarely use the mission editor)