Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

humbleuk,

Again i have not removed anyone else's branding from anything. I have left the original files in the original state.

The only custom maps we have released is, Panthera and Fallujah.

Takistan, Zargabad, Utes are the other offical DayZPlanet modifications and i believe they are owned by BI.

We also host a massive public hive for everyone to connect to from verified server hosts, the reason why we do this is because i can not trust other servers to have access to our database of which WE OWN.

We have not modified Lingor because we have no reason to do so nor would i want to take anything from lingor etc...

All we are doing is releasing version of maps for people to play DayZ on.

Best Regards,

Lee

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

I am releasing all files to the public to host if they want.

I am trying to do this in a method of which will not destroy the game with tons of private hives etc... however with con-current pressure that is being put on myself i have no choice.

ProfTournesol,

I resigned the mod like i do with all my mods to ensure that the servers and the players have the same files that is all.

If they don't it could cause issues with the end users.

Best Regards,

Lee

I resigned the mod like i do with all my mods to ensure that the servers and the players have the same files that is all.

If they don't it could cause issues with the end users.

Best Regards,

Lee

Yes but you can just distribute IceBreakr's public keys and BIsign files. The signature system ensures that all users are on the same version, so no need to repack under your own sig. It's pretty cheeky, esp if you're making $$$ for selling his work.

I would be more than happy to.

Pardon my newness, i really just didn't realize the issues that this has caused.

I am currently trying to contact IceBreakr Via Skype to further more talk about this.

Best Regards,

Lee

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Just to clear things up,

Vilayer doesn't sell Panther directly, It's like all other server companies that sell Lingor etc...

It's not like we sell or make £££ of Panthera.

We sell our hive services (Hosting services) for it that is all.

Best Regards,

Lee

IceBreakr,

I want to say that I have really enjoyed your maps that are currently part of DAYZ, Lingor island & island panthera...

I was brought here by the forum thread in DayZmod forums.

I want to say it seems like alot of theories are being thrown around regarding these maps...

I currently play on the servers hosted by ViLayer because they have great pings and no issues when i play on them.

They also offer alot of maps to play on instead of just charnarus.

DayZ has become the game i play the most out of many titles i own. And it is due to some of the maps that are being hosted by clans and gaming communities that purchase hosting from server providers.

There are hundreds and hundreds of players loving your map man... it is awesome.

I choose to play on ViLayer because they have better servers... please don't allow the conspiracy theorists twist the facts here.

I saw another post you made that saying you were happy to see the community enjoying the map.

The guys over at DayZPlanet found your map... put in the dayZ Code and put it out there for the community to play.

I don't find that to be any different than what others have done with these maps you have created.

ViLayer is not selling your map, they are a hosting company that is offering some maps that are part of ARMA2' downloads section that people have asked to see with the DayZ MOD attached to it.

Why some people are upset about this is really weird, due to the fact that the guy making all the negative posts about this did exactly what he is saying someone else is wrong for doing.

Please don't take away your great maps from the DayZ Community. And to me, the DayZ Community is the group of people who want great maps (like yours) and great servers to play on (like ViLayers)

We hope you will not give in to pressure of a few guys who want to ruin it for the huge amount of people who are playing your maps right now.

Thanks for your creative maps and your attention to the mass appeal of your maps being hosted in ViLayers servers

Hoping I can still enjoy DayZ on good servers

Avid_Gamer

Well personally I hope this does get resolved ideally with Vilayer ditching their version and supporting the existing one (like with Lingor) rather than having two different versions floating around constantly.

SmashT,

We have made other modifications of which the users have requested, We've also put a massive public hive online with alot of servers and slots currently active.

We have taken no rights to the mod what so ever, which is the same for Takistan etc...

Although we support lingor there are still issues with lingor that we can-not resolve due to the original mod not being updated which has left us with some issues.

Please note again you blame Vilayer for this however it's actually a DayZPlanet mod which a totally new community (which we are creating) for the purpose of DayZ related mods.

The problem is we have a concept in mind to join all the maps within the game, so when you go to the edge of the map you go to another map etc...

This will be configurable by the end user.

There are many many many more modifications getting done which is reason as to why we want to keep this as is.

There are more servers running the DayZPlanet version currently etc.... However i would love to support both version of the mod.

It would be really nice to speak to people about this issue more directly.

Please come and speak with me for more about the end mods etc... on our teamspeak or my skype

ts3.vilayer.com

My skype is listed within other posts.

Best Regards,

Lee

Well personally I hope this does get resolved ideally with Vilayer ditching their version and supporting the existing one (like with Lingor) rather than having two different versions floating around constantly.

Well I hope Vilayer keeps it the way it is... there are 70 servers running Panthera right now from vilayer. 30 of them have more then 10 players and 10 or 12 of them are full right now.

The other guys dayz coded version has 30 people playing total

What makes more sense? Making 1000's of players change what they have already downloaded and are playing, Or having the guys who want to play that other version (all 50 of them) change over?

May i also make a valid point,

It's not just Vilayer that is running mods there are many other companies and communities running the mods.

I feel that people are zoning in on something that is really getting out of hand.

If people want to run DayZPlanet and connect to our public hive of which has millions of players on it. I have to finish of the dll and develop a system to provide instance ids for people to connect to it.

I am only trying to make people happy here, I can't win either way, If i take down our version of the mod over 10,000 players will be unhappy if i go with your version we have no control over the end keys which connect with our hive.

Issues that DayZLingor and Chernarus has have been very hard to work around.

Thanks to the creators of bliss, although we do use a modified version to ensure it's stability and to bring in enhancements we have been able to provide players with a good gameplay i believe.

Also to make another point,

WE ARE NOT SELLING THE MOD OR DIRECTLY SELLING ANY MAP.

We are selling the services to host the game.

I do not own DayZ code or own any form of code that relates to DayZ if anyone wants to claim ownership of the code then they can do.

If people want i will release the server keys so people can use our version, if you don't you can carry on with the other version.

I am just trying to keep a steady line of releases here with one new public hive and brand new features brought in.

Best Regards,

Lee

IceBreakr,

I want to say that I have really enjoyed your maps that are currently part of DAYZ, Lingor island & island panthera...

I was brought here by the forum thread in DayZmod forums.

I want to say it seems like alot of theories are being thrown around regarding these maps...

I currently play on the servers hosted by ViLayer because they have great pings and no issues when i play on them.

They also offer alot of maps to play on instead of just charnarus.

DayZ has become the game i play the most out of many titles i own. And it is due to some of the maps that are being hosted by clans and gaming communities that purchase hosting from server providers.

There are hundreds and hundreds of players loving your map man... it is awesome.

I choose to play on ViLayer because they have better servers... please don't allow the conspiracy theorists twist the facts here.

I saw another post you made that saying you were happy to see the community enjoying the map.

The guys over at DayZPlanet found your map... put in the dayZ Code and put it out there for the community to play.

I don't find that to be any different than what others have done with these maps you have created.

ViLayer is not selling your map, they are a hosting company that is offering some maps that are part of ARMA2' downloads section that people have asked to see with the DayZ MOD attached to it.

Why some people are upset about this is really weird, due to the fact that the guy making all the negative posts about this did exactly what he is saying someone else is wrong for doing.

Please don't take away your great maps from the DayZ Community. And to me, the DayZ Community is the group of people who want great maps (like yours) and great servers to play on (like ViLayers)

We hope you will not give in to pressure of a few guys who want to ruin it for the huge amount of people who are playing your maps right now.

Thanks for your creative maps and your attention to the mass appeal of your maps being hosted in ViLayers servers

Hoping I can still enjoy DayZ on good servers

Avid_Gamer

IceBreakr,

I would have a tenancy to agree with Avid_Gamer. I myself am just a player that is able to enjoy all the maps the are part of the DayZ package. I spend most of my time playing on the Vilayer hive because of the low pings and good connections I am continuously playing at. I believe that they are doing a great job at promoting your work, and that anyone who reads these forums and stays up to date with what it going on, would agree that full credit is being given to you for all your hard work on the maps. I, myself, and very thankful to people like yourself for putting the time into making the maps, and to companies like Vilayer that are allowing the hosting servers to use your map. To the best of my knowledge from your map and how it is being used on Vilayer servers, there has been no modifications from the original map. The only change has been done to make sure players like myself are able to move around on the servers without having issues. In my opinion, this whole issue that is being started is just a "red-herring" for the underlying issue that most likely someone else is upset that they have invested time and money into a server that is not as active as they would like to see it. That is the nature of the game, not all servers can be fully populated at all times. But based on the 65 servers I can see right now playing your map, I do not see less than 7 players on any of the servers. People like you are what we need to keep us gamers occupied and staying with a game. After all, if your maps were not accessible by us, the public, then we would all eventually get bored and stop playing the game. I am sure that if someone asked Vilayer, they would be more than willing to include your name on the splash screen or anywhere else that you feel it needed to be. The people that I talk to for the most part are having more fun playing on the DayZ servers since the release of Panthera, and we would all like it to stay around. All of us know that Vilayer is not the creator of the maps, and we all know that people like yourself are the true hard workers behind the scenes. On behalf of the gaming community that enjoys your work, we would ask that you allow it to remain as an option on the DayZ servers.

WE ARE NOT SELLING THE MOD OR DIRECTLY SELLING ANY MAP.

We are selling the services to host the game.

Best Regards,

Lee

That's true however you are benefiting directly by advertising this map as a sales pitch with your hosting services which is the same thing.

Edited by Rogue246

That's true however you are benefiting directly by advertising this map as a sales pitch with your hosting services which is the same thing.

Not to mention anyone who downloads the map with DayZCommander (which boasts some 225,000 downloads) now has a version that only works on your servers even though there was already an existing (arguably better) public version supported by the map creator that any server could run.

Sounds like the Microsoft scandal. Bundle a browser with your OS and use it as a selling point. Oh yeah, Nobody else can login with the other browsers either.. Really?

I think the big issue is they went ahead and repacked the keys which didn't need to be done. By doing that they ensured anyone downloading the map via dayzcommander could only use it on their servers. That was pre-planned I guarantee it since there's no good reason to do that only the one stated above.

Not to mention anyone who downloads the map with DayZCommander (which boasts some 225,000 downloads) now has a version that only works on your servers even though there was already an existing (arguably better) public version supported by the map creator that any server could run.

And does this other version run from DayZ commander??? If not, why would people rather play that version over one that is affiliated with DayZ Commander? People who just come to play the game, like myself, would rather a one stop shop location to play on all the servers we choose. If the other version never went to DayZ Commander with their version, that would be no fault of Vilayer. Vilayer did what they do best, host services, and have a bunch of maps, made by others, that are compatible with DayZ.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing illegal or wrong with this.

That's sorta the same thing as ArmA 2 being sold on the premise that the game is filled with community mods/addons that make the game better or something like Little Big Planet where they mention on their commercials that tons of user made content is available.

If anything, Ice is just getting more exposure to his islands, opening room for people to maybe want to donate to him.

And does this other version run from DayZ commander??? If not, why would people rather play that version over one that is affiliated with DayZ Commander?

Either you are pig ignorant or plain dumb.

Why is dayzcommander versions full? because it doesn't show the other version and vilayer released their own keys for it, so if you do not have this version, you can't play..when there is already a original version out.. what vilayer should of done is use it, if people play with orginal they get "invalid version" because vilayer changed it.. really dude? have you even read the damn thread?

The guy made the map for panthera with PUBLIC KEYS, they didn't need to be changed!!!

Why didn't they (vilayer) change lingor island? - why not have there own version? because it was popular.. hence they cashed in and didn't need to alter it.

You don't take peoples work and resign it so others cannot play.. sorry, it's not right!

You think a server company cares for the community, hehe.. yeah right.

Edited by humbleuk

And does this other version run from DayZ commander??? If not, why would people rather play that version over one that is affiliated with DayZ Commander?

You are absolutely right, they wouldn't.

FYI the community map was requested to be put up on DayZCommander multiple times, they were ignored until Vilayer came out with "their" version and then that's instantly added. Interesting considering Vilayer host Commanders download servers etc

I’ll start by saying I consider myself part of the DayZ community but I have absolute respect for the Arma Community. I know the two communities may not see eye to eye but I am sincerely grateful that DayZ has introduced me to Arma. I had hardly heard of Arma prior to the release of DayZ but now I’ve had a chance to play both DayZ and Arma. I realize what I have missed with Arma.

IceBreakr, I can understand the sense of frustration and anger you may have with ViLayer over this situation. I can’t help but think it is, in part, related to a lot of distorted and exaggerated information being passed around. I’m sure you put a lot of time and effort into creating both Panthera and Lingor. The end result was 2 amazing maps that thousands of DayZ and Arma players have had endless amounts of fun playing. I’m sure you must feel a sense of pride in the fact that so many people appreciate and respect your work.

At the end of the day, did you create the maps for yourself to enjoy? Or did you create the maps for others to enjoy? Does an artist create art to keep it in a closet? Of course not. They create it for others to enjoy.

I personally have 2 servers that run Panthera and 1 that runs Lingor. I can tell you first hand that people LOVE your work. I’ve seen hundreds of people express how much they enjoy your maps. They spend hours every day learning the maps and being in shock over how beautiful they are.

You said yourself you’re glad Panthera is receiving some feedback after a long time

Believe me when I say ViLayer is not doing this to steal your work or get rich off it. I honestly believe Lee has the best of intentions. He wants to bring the DayZ community the best experience and the best maps. Panthera and Lingor were picked because they’re great maps. Those great maps have now been exposed to thousands of people who truly appreciate the work you have put into it.

ViLayer only did what they had to do to ensure a secure and consistent experience over all servers that are running the map. This means all the people that play your maps get to experience it under the best possible conditions. In the end, in my opinion, this is the best possible way for the community to experience your work. They get to play on a unified, secured network running on top of the line hardware to ensure a great experience.

When it comes down to it, it’s your choice to give him the blessing to use the maps. However, before jumping to conclusions and listening to the misinformation others are trying to spread, think about the thousands of people that have played your map the last few days and the hundreds that are playing as I write this. Those people are enjoying and appreciating all the work you put into it. Don’t take that away from them.

Take a few minutes and talk it over with ViLayer. Let them explain what they’re trying to do for the community. Bashing forum posts on both sides won’t get anybody anywhere. Lee is not unreasonable and in reality this is something that should be hashed out in private, between the parties involved.

Edited by Spex

Vilayer should do what's right and use the existing public version, it doesn't look like they will though.

Don't panic guys, we will resolve this issue asap. I'm already in talks with Lee (ViLayer) and some other guys that provide hosting solutions for DayZ and custom content aka 3rd-party missions. Foremost, I need to talk to Rocket and some other people, too.

Its been a great wish of mine to port Dayz to Lingor, although later I never really had time to play with you guys. Modding and RL don't allow me to spend hours on that...

I just don't like commercial websites stating my islands in their "packages", that is all. I don't mind islands being installed on servers, but don't try to sell services linked to my work. Island making is my hobby and I choose to do this freely. I would like to say thanks to all the donators that keep my work alive, its been hard in the past year. Especially with the newborn kid and a lot of business-related stuff.

I guess you wouldn't be too happy if I would charge $5 to play two of my upcoming islands on my dedicated server (locked) and you would only get link to files if you would be a member of a "special closed community". And sell that as "server upkeep cost fee".

I wish to keep my work free and to be used only for fun gaming purpose. As readme files states, my work is not allowed to be used for military training, non-Arma2 use or commercial profit.

Currently I focus on bringing more free content to all of you:

- update of Duala 1.97 (ETA 1-3 weeks)

- update of Panthera (ETA 1-2 months)

- release of AlienZ & Keystone (Pennsylvania USA) map, based on 1:1 RL data (in cooperation with Bad Benson) (no ETA yet... internal team testing, 0.4 beta)

- release of Isla Balkania, three-sided warfare map based on 1:2 RL data (in cooperation with couple of mapmakers and unit makers) (no ETA yet... internal team testing, early beta)

As you can see I'm very busy... not to mention all the RL commitments that really hinder my "hobby free time" ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Don't panic guys, we will resolve this issue asap. I'm already in talks with Lee (ViLayer) and some other guys that provide hosting solutions for DayZ and custom content aka 3rd-party missions. Foremost, I need to talk to Rocket and some other people, too.

Its been a great wish of mine to port Dayz to Lingor, although later I never really had time to play with you guys. Modding and RL don't allow me to spend hours on that...

I just don't like commercial websites stating my islands in their "packages", that is all. I don't mind islands being installed on servers, but don't try to sell services linked to my work. Island making is my hobby and I choose to do this freely. I would like to say thanks to all the donators that keep my work alive, its been hard in the past year. Especially with the newborn kid and a lot of business-related deals.

I guess you wouldn't be to happy if I would charge $5 to play two of my upcoming islands on my dedicated server (locked) and you would only get link to files if you would be a member of a "special closed community".

I wish to keep my work free and used only for fun purposes. As readme files states, my work is not allowed to be used for military training, non-Arma2 use or commercial profit.

Currently I focus on bringing more free content to all of you:

- update of Duala 1.97 (ETA 1-3 weeks)

- update of Panthera (ETA 1-2 months)

- release of AlienZ & Keystone (Pennsylvania USA) map, based on 1:1 RL data (in cooperation with Bad Benson) (no ETA yet... internal team testing, 0.4 beta)

- release of Isla Balkania, three-sided warfare map based on 1:2 RL data (in cooperation with couple of mapmakers and unit makers) (no ETA yet... internal team testing, early beta)

As you can see I'm very busy... not to mention all the RL commitments that really hinder my "hobby free time" ;)

Hi IceBreakr,

I was just wondering if you received my private message. If you could take the time to read it I would appreciate it and as I stated we will comply with your wishes, whatever they may be.

- Tom

I guess you wouldn't be to happy if I would charge $5 to play two of my upcoming islands on my dedicated server (locked) and you would only get link to files if you would be a member of a "special closed community". And sell that as "server upkeep cost fee".

I wish to keep my work free and to be used only for fun gaming purpose. As readme files states, my work is not allowed to be used for military training, non-Arma2 use or commercial profit.

The files are free we are no being charged to play these maps... Anybody can go download DayZ Commander for free.... it is a community free tool.

The Majority of DayZ players use this to get the files and love it.

This is the best way for those that have no experience in moding or setting up complex shortcuts to mods in game directories to be able to play these added maps.

No one is being charged for these maps, we are enjoying a very large free service... the server owners(renters) are paying to host the DayZ MOD at the server provider of their choice.

The guy from ViLayer is simply putting out more content for us all to enjoy for free.

The files are free we are no being charged to play these maps... Anybody can go download DayZ Commander for free.... it is a community free tool.

The Majority of DayZ players use this to get the files and love it.

This is the best way for those that have no experience in moding or setting up complex shortcuts to mods in game directories to be able to play these added maps.

No one is being charged for these maps, we are enjoying a very large free service... the server owners(renters) are paying to host the DayZ MOD at the server provider of their choice.

The guy from ViLayer is simply putting out more content for us all to enjoy for free.

i haven never payed for any files to play lingor or any of ur other islands what ever info ur getting is faluse i rented a server and had the mod installed so i can have a non pvp server i dont pay for the maps at all

Read over Icebreakr's post again. He said he doesn't want his work being used to advertise for server hosts and their bundles.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/98717-dayz-panthera-servers-mrsherenais-version/

This link is from the DayZ forums for the non-Vilayer Pantera, where the #6th post down clearly indicated that they too are hosting servers (ST Server hosting) with that map as an option. So they are doing the exact same thing that Vilayer is doing. They are both showing that they have that map as an optional content when you rent server space. Everyone here is stating that Vilayer is doing wrong, and that the other version of that map should be used, but the people using that version are still doing the same thing. The only reason why the other one is allowed with no issue is because it is hosted directly through the mod's website, but that's not a monopoly.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88632-dayzst-30mo-for-50-slot-usuknl-servers-instant-setup-custom-panel-time-changing-private-official-hives-lingor-panthera-rmod/

and going to their forum profile site, the main headline on the top is ADVERTISING Lingor and Panthera maps as part of their packages.

Edited by Meds2185