Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

LOL that's kind of funny! Haven't played with the ambient civ module enough to know whether you can tell them to simply ignore the civvies and plow through whatever roadblock is in the way. I remember seeing vids IRL of patrols in Iraq and they were "mad taxi" driving since getting stuck in traffic could have been the first part of an ambush. They just tap the bumper of the idiot that pulled in front of them until they got out of the way.

In the game, it would seem that you'd have to stop right in front of the civvies to simulate this, and make the "personal space" area less than 20m. Maybe have them stop about 1m in front of the civvies. That way it would mimic the Real Life behavior and at the same time make the snakes effective since they are in biting range. Or make the snakes more aggressive. Need to figure out what can and cannot be done with them. It may take one of the ambient combat modules to make them more effective. Just not sure.

@ Icebreakr and all the Lingor lovers

I've released an alpha version of my campaign on your island:

it's called Operation Licorne - for the moment, 13 playable missions.

just check out my signature, and enjoy!

Has usual, great addons Ice, i have one request ,if i may, GAL need a bigger chopper , like a Puma or a Mi8. :)

Are the GAL & POL factions BLUE side?

Yes, that is correct as markb50k already told ya. Druglords army and ARL are on RED side. But you probably know that you can change sides by mission.sqm editing or simply making a leader 0% visible and all in the group will start on the leader's side (even with his 0% probability of showing up). For example you make a RED leader and F2 (group) guys to him.

I've just made a prototype adapted version of War in Takistan: Operation Iron Rains for Lingor.

The new version of Lingor is awesome - really loving it! :)

Yes, that is correct as markb50k already told ya. Druglords army and ARL are on RED side. But you probably know that you can change sides by mission.sqm editing or simply making a leader 0% visible and all in the group will start on the leader's side (even with his 0% probability of showing up). For example you make a RED leader and F2 (group) guys to him.

Thank you. I was asking about the default. I figured that was the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask! Has anyone outhere done anything with gangs factions? The possiblilites abound.

Icebreaker: thanks SO much for your island. Last night we played a coop campaign for the first time on this island and it was AMAZING. It seriously felt like professional product. From the new vegetation, to the sound effects, to the colonial style wallpaper in the drug lord's mansion, to the realistic size and layout of villages, we were blown away. Several times during our missions I was so impressed by the beauty and drama of the landscape that I wanted to take a screenshot or two! Later this week, I'll definitely be making a little contribution via PayPal (first time ever for a modder). I really hope that you're enjoying summer!

Thanks mate, I'm glad you're happy with the island. Too bad I don't see any missions made for it or Dingor :/

I've been to a seaside with my gf and kid, great time. But these 2 weeks went by very fast.

Thanks mate, I'm glad you're happy with the island. Too bad I don't see any missions made for it or Dingor :/

I've been to a seaside with my gf and kid, great time. But these 2 weeks went by very fast.

wasn't someone working on a campaign or something? I remember they kept nagging you to make sure unitnames were gonna be the same...

Last week we finished W0lle"s Delta Force 1 campaign which really impressed us.

This week we're going to try B00tsy =RTY= Commandos.

And I'm hoping Lightspeed is going to update his Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign soon.

So overall I'd say that was pretty good shown.

Of course we could always do with more missions and campaigns, especially COOP ones.

Do you know of any other decent missions that showcase Lingor?

Has anyone played any good COOP missions for Tigeria? Like the old Tonal maps? I'd really love a COOP campaign set during the 1970s Bush Wars...

IB: funny thing is that I'm off to the seaside in 10 days with my wife and 2 kids. Can't wait to get the lil' tykes in the surf!

SP-wise, both of my missions support Lingor, and Apocalypse supports Dingor as well.

As already said, I am working on a campaign in Lingor - Opération Licorne.

I may release the 1.0 in july or august.

Anyway, I have released an alpha version of it - Check my signature.

I've made quite a few smaller co-op missions to be played amongst friends. Didn't know there was demand for playable Lingor missions! Maybe I'll have to polish some of them up for eventual release!

There are currently three versions of War in Takistan adapted to Lingor including my own which is a substantial remake to take full advantage of the awesome Lingor units and setup. It fits a war on drugs style campaign amazingly - also people love playing the FEA Police units :)

slerbal: link plz.

War in Takistan (original by code34): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111504-CO40-War-in-Takistan-Operation-Iron-rains-(WIT)/

1. War in Lingor - My version (uses as many Lingor units and assets as possible): https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0c65iu1cxtkjse/07-15_code34-war-in-lingor.Lingor.pbo
  2. War in Takistan on Lingor by zuff (uses Lingor Island but not the units): https://github.com/zuffdaddy/war-in-takistan
  3. There is a 3rd version by FruityRudy but he hasn't shared his version

I'm a fan of your Lingor work but I noticed with the latest version the new drug lord leader has a golden AKMS but carries SA58 mags so it's incompatible ammo. Also the Tucano is a cool little plane but there's no reticule for the guns, just two green squares mounted on the dashboard just below the HUD. I admit I didn't fully test it without ACE or other mods but thanks for reading and keep up the great work!

Hey buddy!

My campaign is almost finished (3 more missions to make), so you'll soon be able to enjoy it on your island!

Woohoo can't wait. Coop right? I would really like to test it this Thursday evening with my team ;)

No, it's SP only. There are 23 missions.

Lingor Island

Hi, do you have a class list of vehicles in the game please?