Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Jocko-Flocko, thanks :) SeaDoo is another brand, its Yamaha jetskis :), but SeaDoo in plans too maby for next update of units, but not in this threat ;)

Are there any classical coop missions for Lingor yet? I am looking for no respawnvive, ACE free coop missions.

J-Guid, you got a link for the Lingor version? Doesn't it have respawnvive?

Well insurgency does feature respawn. I don't really see the point, sending him to check it, when he expressively stated he doesn't want any mission including respawn nor revive.

does insurgency work ok with the new Lingor 1.4 and 1.337 units??

...are there any other coop missions that come recommended for the new Lingor and units? (other than Evo I mean)

Yes, check-out the Delta Force 1 campaign which offers 6 missions of cooperative (CO04-12) suspense.

It's an unusual as it is a coop campaign.

Moreover it is high quality.

you can set the revive on and lives count to 2 and play it like that. i wouldn't, but you can...

Variable

Are there any classical coop missions for Lingor yet? I am looking for no respawnvive, ACE free coop missions.

There are a number of coop no respawnvive Lingor missions on lol Majors Dedicated server if you can get on there. (depends what you are running) filter for lol & select [LOL] New Majors join in or help your self.

Edited by jgaz-uk

Variable

There are a number of coop no respawnvive Lingor missions on lol Majors Dedicated server if you can get on there. (depends what you are running) filter for lol & select [LOL] New Majors join in or help your self.

Thanks for the tip! I tried that, and for some odd reason I couldn't play some of the missions. I guess some of the files I downloaded are corrupted, because it complains on files that I have!

Question about the Crocodile module:

How do I make it work in MP? I placed it on the map, nothing happens that we can tell. Have swam to shore several times after being shot down over water, but no crocs. Could you describe in detail what needs to be done to make it work?

Also, did the CSJ Snakes ever get added to the island?

IceBreakr - thanks for all your work - I can't wait to try out the 1.4 version of Lingor. We have had so much fun on Lingor Island :)

Question about the Crocodile module:

How do I make it work in MP? I placed it on the map, nothing happens that we can tell. Have swam to shore several times after being shot down over water, but no crocs. Could you describe in detail what needs to be done to make it work?

Also, did the CSJ Snakes ever get added to the island?

Dunno about MP, but in SP it loads automatically (with a curiously variable, short delay after the mission starts). I have the PBO in the Lingor Addons folder, & don't need to do anything else. It adds some hairy experiences to my Lingor port of thomsonb's Flashpoint, for example.

Slerbal: whats holding u back? ;) tnx

Crocs can be placed in editor or use just a module Crocodile. They spawn automatically.

Snakes need to be placed as Civilian not Empty in order to work. They are under Chernarus I think.

Hrm OK I have added the module on my dedicated server and see the "croc module by charon productions" etc. How long do we need to swim around before we get chomped? We got shot down over water and swam something like 100m to shore, and never saw a croc. Is there any condition like proximity to shore or water depth that makes them spawn?

Points for spawn are preset. They like rivers but not the open sea...

Ahhh OK preset spawn points - makes perfect sense then :) So I presume I can simply add more crocs one-by-one. Here's another question - I wonder if these can be managed by a ambient civillian traffic module.... hrm??? I will have to look into that.

Not sure about that. I've seen snakes (included in Lingor, you can find them under Civilians > Chernarus > CSJ Snakes ... I think) roaming freely around without the manual placement, not sure if I used any of the modules in that mission. But it kinda sucks, i've seen that a US army convoy stopped ... been looking at what the problem is with the mission, and at the end noticed that a snake crossed the road and first vehicles stopped 20m in front of it and halted the convoy for quite some time :)

That's a shame!

So no chance of a soldier accidentally stepping on a snake and getting bitten then?

Only "blind" PCs!?