Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Can someone else confirm paul1028's reply about a missing .bisign file? I'm not at home so I cannot check.

First: I know nothing about how keyfiles work but this is what I can see here:

There is a key file "lingor_sounds_.pbo.lingor14.bisign" included.

Notice the trailing 2nd underscore _ before .pbo.lingor14.bisign extension... all the other key files have the same filename as the corresponding pbo file.

Dunno if this may cause issues or not.

Ahh yes, you need to rename to "lingor_sounds.pbo.lingor14.bisign" in order for it to work.

Well, the original model is PC9M Pilatus, but there are couple of differencies when you compare it to RL model. Maybe more like Pilatus PC-7, maybe PC-21? We used the name Tucano as Brasil uses them for CAS role and we even made skin similiar to the Brasilian ones. This model will need an upgrade.

Edited by IceBreakr

working on evolution now

the units list in the readme is a little light (most vehicles missing) -does anyone have a fuller version? am peering into pbo's now to write one for you ibr unless you have one.

thanks ibr.

are someof the planes are missing?

ibrPRACS_MiG21gal | West/BLUFOR GAL Close Air Patrol (CAP)

ibrPRACS_MiG21_AGgal | West/BLUFOR GAL Attack (ATK)

ibrPRACS_MiG21_Trainer | West/BLUFOR Unarmed Trainer (Swordfish Squadron)

and boats

ibr_gunboat_fea

ibr_gunboat_pol

ibr_gunboat_gal

ibr_boat_gal

JetSkiYanahui_White

JetSkiYanahui_Case_Green

JetSkiYanahui_White

JetSkiYanahui_Red

ibr_maule_M7

ibr_as350_pmc

still looking, but these might help your list

am so excited to sort this mission out

cheers

egg

Great work on the latest island release Icebreakr! In my opinion this is the greatest island for Arma 2 that has ever been created. The icing on the cake would be able to change some of the storefront building textures from Arabic to Spanish. Are those types of buildings hard coded in the game? Can the textures be changed on them?

Just to add, enabling FXAA=10 and FXAASharp=1 in the ArmA2OA.cfg file really makes the island come alive, especially during sunrise and sunset; it looks gorgeous.

GITS Evolution MP co-op 22 players

Island: Lingor NEW RACS

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolution-RACS_Lingor_v4.lingor.pbo

Mods:

@CBA

@RACS_land

@RACS_sea

@RACS_air

@RACS_main

@Lingor1337

@lingor_units_v13

Standard clientside mods:

@blazes_weapons

@bp_bloodscreen

@cmsound

@RUG_DSAI (spanish version)

ALL mods available here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/

Edited by eggbeast

Jocko-Flocko: wow thanks! I've been thinking of doing that, but that would increase the size even further. I'll wait for A3 buildings, I guess ;)

eggbeast: You have old v1.337 version of island present on your gitsarma url?

Edited by IceBreakr

yeah will update at some point - wanted to get the mission tested

btw do you know thename for the new fuel station? i need it for the repair script... it's a bright shiny new red and blue building - looks nice!

Hi

Thanks icebreaker for your work, it's very nice, so i maked mission on your nice island with your nice units :)

21f8ecd2-fb58-49f3-886e-a408d6d6cc7e.jpg

It's a SWAT mission :

Your are called by police center for kill Drug gang who attacked chemical plant, they search drugs, they killed workers in chemical. A chopper will help you with light.

English and french briefing

Short mission

Close quarter combat

Add many object for rich environnement

Sound from SWAT 4 games

Briefing ok

Complete briefing with pictures

UPSMON script for ennemi

PATROL script for building patrol

Randomly ennmy for number of them and location

Addon needed included (don't forget to put inside)

link 1 : http://www.packupload.com/5UR2YHD0W2C

Enjoy !!

@Icebreaker : Do you think one day add light and sound for police vehicle and first aid vehicle?

Dalia: tnx for the mission, sounds like fun.

I hope to add lights one day, for sound try using Horn ;)

eggbeast:

Land_ibr_FuelStation_Feed

Land_ibr_FuelStation_Build

Land_ibr_FuelStation_Shed

hello icebreakr.The sounds bisign was still have question.When i DEL the '_' my server kick me all the same.We very very like your ISLANDs.CRY......ahh。DEAR Icebreakr can you modify the key or bisign?My sever kick me its said (Wrong signature for file G:\ARMA2\@lingor\addons\lingor_sounds.pbo).If you have new key or bisign, give me please.Thank you very much!This is my mail:qusheng2@hotmail.com

Edited by paul1028

quick update on units missing from the readme

ibrPRACS_MiG21gal

ibrPRACS_MiG21_AGgal

ibrPRACS_MiG21_Trainer

and boats

ibr_gunboat_fea

ibr_gunboat_pol

ibr_gunboat_gal

ibr_boat_gal

JetSkiYanahui_White

JetSkiYanahui_Case_Green

JetSkiYanahui_White

JetSkiYanahui_Red

ibr_maule_M7

ibr_as350_pmc

ibr_as350_pol

ibr_as350lingor

ibr_as350_gal

ibr_blkhmw

vil_aifv_ypr1 --- any idea which is which forthese? one has MG one no weapon and one is ambulance

vil_aifv_ypr

vil_aifv_ypr2

ibr_kamaz_adventure1

Well, the original model is PC9M Pilatus, but there are couple of differencies when you compare it to RL model. Maybe more like Pilatus PC-7, maybe PC-21? We used the name Tucano as Brasil uses them for CAS role and we even made skin similiar to the Brasilian ones. This model will need an upgrade.

Compared it with some photos, and it seems for me that it's either PC-9M or PC-7 Mk.2 (PC-9 with PC-7's engine).

Paul: u need to rename it on server, too.

Eggbeast: damn, classes should start with ibr_??

Edited by IceBreakr

Ice we have troubles, Island downloaded on Armaholic and in Six Updater is dfferent and have different keys! But both have 1.4 version! Strange, what happend again with Six?!

Eggbeast: damn, classes should start with ibr_??

these are correct mate - the vil ones and the jetskis don't start ibr_

i placed them in the editor and they are now in evolution lingor RACS v4

mission

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolution-RACS_Lingor_v4.lingor.pbo

mods required are here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-(new-main-thread)&p=2152192&viewfull=1#post2152192

Ice,i have renamed the bisign on sever and computer ,but server kick me.The key ,bisign have program?

dling now!

Who's working on Carrier Ops - Lingor?

(pretty please?)

I actually did start to port my Carrier Op's campaign into Lingor. Trouble is, the units and factions don't match the factions of Lingor Units so the storyline would have to be re-designed. I have positioned Nimitz in Lingor and all playmoves etc for AI launching and landing, ambient deck movements etc work as they should.

There is lots of work on making .paa's for Nimitz briefings etc, so currently not finding the time...unless you wanna help : P Most of the scripts will work, perhaps spawned units classnames will require updating to use the lingor units. [A few mods like that.] Little things take a lot of time [briefing pictures, briefing info]. If anyone was williing to help, perhaps we could get it done.

I stopped at that point and started on a new project mission for the kids. Maybe in the background I will carry on. ARMA3 is approaching though.

Cheers.

Edited by Rough Knight

Paul: will check this issue this afternoon. Where did you download files from?

It seems there is an issue:

lingor_sounds.pbo_.lingor14 <--Manual Download/Portals

lingor_sounds_.pbo.lingor14 <-- SixUpdater

And Six is using "required addons" and putting them separately, although right files are all in @lingor\addons already. Including lingor14 V2 sigs.

Sickboy, can you please check this?

Here's a correct filename:

lingor_sounds.pbo.lingor14.bisign

Edited by IceBreakr

Hey Icebreakr,I played a lot on your Isla Duala and now I finally decided to try Lingor too.

I like the setting(I played waaaay to much Tropico 3&4:p ) and the feeling of the island,truly south american or a small banana republic.

Btw funny story I was playing as an rebel in my pickup truck and was joyriding around the capital getting to know the place until somehow I ended up in the presidential villa area where I put some lingor troops earlier.Suffice to say those guys shot me and my pickup to pieces.

Also it's more of curiosity of mine,but you decided to put Taki style buildings because they're good for mp games or because there is a lack of south american type buildings in A2CO?