Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

I would be nice if you would set the lingor units with multi side options and not just blufor. Need opfor or independent for the units lol.

On a side note would it be possible to give the citys some life at night with lights in there buildings. Would also like lingor to be compatible with the Arma Electrical Grid scripts and addon.

tumblr_m2p4cvxp1J1qhg1mxo2_400.jpg

About the Electrical Grid addon: I've made new powerstation objects, not sure if author of this addon can make it work now or not... ask him.

Edited by IceBreakr

You can spawn units on whichever side you want. BIS_fnc_spawnGroup even has a side parameter and createUnit only requires an additional createGroup command. I've been using it for years with no problems.

So i just checked a translator, and i am pretty sure that IceBreakr is Lingorian for "Hero!"

Just wanted to comment on what a good job Icebrekr did with the Lingor Island in terms of the road system. The AI do a very good job at following the roads correctly and taking the shortest route when you give them coordinates to drive to a destination. I have no idea how the underlying code works on the islands in terms of what makes the AI follow road routes, but you seem to have done a top notch job at it. They follow the roads on Lingor just as well as they do on Chernarus.

Cheers :)

I know i repeat myself but this island is just plain beautiful. Everytime i HALO into an AO i almost forget there's a war going on down there. :D

Whoo cryptic meassage :)

Yes i have also noticed that AI follows roads nicely, just to bad they get messed up in their head when on a dedi server..but thats not IB fault.

Im working on some missions where i wanted AI to drive for bit, but had to give it up..Worked perfectly in editor and local host but on dedi he got stupid and never drove where he should.

Tried all the things i know about ( not that really says anything :) )

GAL acquired new armored vehicles for patrols:

panhards.jpg

Credits: Ikar & Hexagon / Operation Frenchpoint mod, skin by IceBreakr

i must say beautifully stunning vehicles i'm gonna take them for a little trip in the off road park.

And it seems the local police got 'em too. Not sure why they need armor, but "can't be too careful, mate ey?"

panhards3.jpg

panhards2.jpg

Credits: Ikar & Hexagon / Operation Frenchpoint mod, skin by IceBreakr, RKSL-Rock (model.cfg issue), Vilas (police lightbar)

I was driving in the Cartel area the other day just minding my own business as I've been running my own little bodyguard service for VIP's who have been targeted lately from various factions in the region. All of a sudden out of nowhere there was a grenade tossed onto the hood of my Land Rover, I gunned the throttle as AKM rounds cracked overhead and pierced the back windshield throwing cubes of glass into the back of my head; We just got away by the skin of our teeth. As more and more police are targeted for either execution, extortion or kidnapping, those vehicles will be a fantastic asset in an ever increasing dangerous region.

Soon, very soon ;)

Yeah, heard that before. :rofl:

Re. the Police Panhard: Surely needed in such a hostile environment.

There's nothing like pina collada's served with a grenade instead of an umbrella. Laying on the beach soaking up the sunshine with the sound of RPG's and gunfire off in the distance.

Kinda sounds a little like Tijuana Mexico....

Update: I've wanted to release the units in the morning, but found out a major bug with P72 class vessel - its wreck bounces sometimes and causes 5-7fps on server until mission ends. So I'm trying to fix this issue. Otherwise I'll release it today-tommorow at max, and include units that work properly.

riverop.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

cant wait to get them boats onto the euphrates (fallujah) too!

Update: I've wanted to release the units in the morning, but found out a major bug with P72 class vessel - its wreck bounces sometimes and causes 5-7fps on server until mission ends. So I'm trying to fix this issue. Otherwise I'll release it today-tommorow at max, and include units that work properly.

oh yeah, at last!!!

as soon as it's released, I will be able to finish my campaign on your map !!!

Great news..Im sure we can handle some hot fixing afterwards :)

Icebreakr, will you release a pack with the island + the units?

Yes, Full pack. But first these two separately :)

I've sent test versions of Units v1.3 out. If you're developing a mission/campaign, drop me PM and I'll send you the DL link. Also if you're a hoster, I need mirrors urgently - PM me. Units are 359megs 7zip.