Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Awesome stuff IceBreakr, those BRDM 2's are really sweet machines. I've been using the CDF BRDM 2's as they seem to have the best "jungle camo" out of them all. I've been working on some "Latin" style instrumental music lately using some fantastic Samba and Rumba rhythm's; it really sets the atmosphere when you pull up to a small villa and there's a radio playing some sweet Latin sounds.

Thanks for the info Jedra, that works perfect!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Just thought I would add that I was messing around with the ACE backpacks and creating loadout scripts for the current Lingor Government Troops, I found that the "ACE_Backpack_CivAssault" fits perfectly on the back of the units and doesn't blend into the small one already on the backs of the units.

318ACE_Pack1.jpg

148ACE_Pack2.jpg

units init field:

null = [this, "ACE_m16a2_scope"] call compile preprocessFile "ACE_Loadout.sqf"

ACE_Loadout.sqf:

_unit = _this select 0;
_strLoadout = _this select 1;

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

removeAllWeapons _unit;
removeAllitems _unit;

switch (_strLoadout) do
{   
case "ACE_m16a2_scope":
{
      	{_unit addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8];
      	{_unit addMagazine "ACE_Morphine";} forEach [1];
               {_unit addMagazine "SmokeShell";} forEach [1,2];
      	{_unit addMagazine "ACE_Bandage";} forEach [1];
      	{_unit addMagazine "ACE_Epinephrine";} forEach [1];
               {_unit addMagazine "7Rnd_45ACP_1911";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5];
      	_unit addWeapon "ACE_m16a2_scope";
               _unit addWeapon "Colt1911";
               _unit addWeapon "ACE_Backpack_CivAssault";
	{_unit addMagazine "HandGrenade_West";} forEach [1,2];
	_unit addweapon "Binocular";
	_unit addweapon "NVGoggles";
	_unit addweapon "ItemMap";
	_unit addweapon "ItemGPS";
	_unit addweapon "ItemCompass";
	_unit addweapon "ItemWatch";
	_unit addweapon "ItemRadio";
	_unit addweapon "ACE_Earplugs";
	[_unit, "ACE_Bandage",2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
	[_unit, "ACE_Morphine",2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
	[_unit, "ACE_Epinephrine",2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
	[_unit, "ACE_Knicklicht_B",2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
	[_unit, "SmokeShell",2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
               [_unit, "HandGrenade_West",4] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
	[_unit, "7Rnd_45ACP_1911",4] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
	[_unit, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",4] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine;
};

};

_primaryWeapon = primaryWeapon _unit;
_unit selectweapon _primaryWeapon;
_muzzles = getArray(configFile>>"cfgWeapons" >> _primaryWeapon >> "muzzles");
_unit selectWeapon (_muzzles select 0);

Good job Jocko.

I've wanted to release units previous week, even packed 'em - but still... found couple of issues during the weekend that need to be fixed urgently. I'm not in my country right now, so I'll continue with work when I get back. I'm on a trip with my family, but also "gathering intel" on my island that is WIP for quite some time now ;) I'll return mid-week.

p.s. its a woodland map , close to Panthera ;)

Sounds like you're having a good time on your trip, hopefully it's nice and warm where you are. It's absolutely horrible here in Ontario right now, I live about 80km's north of Toronto on the shoreline of Georgian Bay in a town called Wasaga Beach. It's about 4 Celsius here right now with 40kmh winds, it's the suck! :( The new island sounds intriguing and I'm really looking forward to your Lingor units :) I'm headed to Aruba in September for 3 weeks and I plan on doing some photography of the types of buildings, plants, coral reefs, rocks, etc... I was hoping to create texture sets from the high resolution imagery from the buildings, maybe you could give me some pointers of how the photos should be taken? Hopefully the community could put the textures to good use. I'll also be doing quite a bit of flying while I'm down there so I'll be taking huge amounts of aerial photos of the island as well.

Jocko

ETA this week!

I also owe an apology to Sickboy and his SixUpdater tool. You see, I've installed a 2.3dev version back in 2011 and it remained on the HD despite new installs, so I kept using a very old buggy dev version, so I got frustrated a lot. A friend (Sahbazz) joined via TeamViewer and we found the problem - pic:

sixbug.jpg

Despite automatic updates of this app everything remained old and non-functional :)

I've uninstalled everything and made a fresh install from official website - everything works now just fine.

ETA this week!

as we're saturday, you should release it today or tommorow ;)

ETA this week!

Take all the time you need, people will thank you later when they have quality units rather than rushed ones.

as we're saturday, you should release it today or tommorow ;)

IceBreakr can release it when he is ready to do so, there is only so much one person can do. Be patient, addon making takes time.

Excellent! I can't wait to do this in one of your new trucks....

kxR0O2afQgw

I just hope that they have an eject action!!

IceBreakr can release it when he is ready to do so, there is only so much one person can do. Be patient, addon making takes time.

it was just a joke for Icebreakr

interesting where is Icebreakr as person ?!

Mate, something happend, where are you :)?

ETA this week!

In case you don't know: ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival, not guaranteed release. And now stop spamming this thread with nonsense which doesn't make things happen faster.

interesting where is Icebreakr as person ?!

Mate, something happend, where are you

Some days ago he said that he's not at home, so most probably he still isn't.

Besides that he got a girl and maybe something else to do on a weekend than replying to the crap posted here every day.

You should try that too instead spamming the forums to get you postcount increased. ;)

ETA this week!

I also owe an apology to Sickboy and his SixUpdater tool. You see, I've installed a 2.3dev version back in 2011 and it remained on the HD despite new installs, so I kept using a very old buggy dev version, so I got frustrated a lot. A friend (Sahbazz) joined via TeamViewer and we found the problem - pic:

Despite automatic updates of this app everything remained old and non-functional :)

I've uninstalled everything and made a fresh install from official website - everything works now just fine.

I feel humbled and am thankful, kudos for your open honesty!

Let's forget about it.

There's been some switches between installers and location for SU, but has been MSI for a while now and should stay that way - so that should be a problem of the past :)

Upcoming version (still some months out) should really seal the deal :)

Enjoy, awaiting primed and ready for your upcoming release!

Edited by Sickboy

With big thanks to Lobo & FFAA Team, we have a new set of colorful Pinzgauers, including this sporty one ;)

promo_adventure_s.jpg

Four civil color variations are:

pinz_color_variations.jpg

Mind that ARL rebels use green & white ones, too.

And Pinzgauers are also in use by GAL Army:

pinz_galcamo.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Looking good Icebreakr! Are the GAL Government and Rebel units going to be changing much as compared to version 1? I'm just wondering how much compatibility there will be with missions that use the current release.

That CDF lookin one looks sweet man.

You mean GAL colonel stagler? :P Hehe Looking good IceBreakr! It'll be fun as heck to start towing around with the units and seeing what kinds of missions can be made on the wonderful island!

Nice Drandulet :D

___

Ice, note: need relax high point for susension because wheels staying as \\ //

;)

CPV's eh? :)

very nice :D

Very pretty, IceBreakr!

Now (almost) all we will need are some of hcpookie's mines :D

... though I'm not sure I'ld want to try Feint's scuba divers round Lingor - Charon's crocs are scarey enough when one is on land :eek:

Hi, Island Lingor (along with Panthera, Duala, and JadeGroove) are now supported in my open-ended whole island mission, LOST. With the new features, you can now use a growing number of supported vanilla and mod troops/vehicles on Any of these islands. Even Cold War Rearmed armies fighting over Lingor against Duala Rebels, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Mission thread

PS. I dont have any of the Lingor units, but as soon as they are released, i will support them as well. Cant wait to get a look at them!

I would be nice if you would set the lingor units with multi side options and not just blufor. Need opfor or independent for the units lol.

On a side note would it be possible to give the citys some life at night with lights in there buildings. Would also like lingor to be compatible with the Arma Electrical Grid scripts and addon.

I would be nice if you would set the lingor units with multi side options and not just blufor. Need opfor or independent for the units lol.

You can make a Bluefor fight for Opfor by creating an Opfor unit, setting his probability of presence to 0% and then grouping the Bluefor units to it. Same for Independent. I have had Russian, British, and USMC fighting on the same side against Icebreakr's Zeta faction before. Fun stuff.

You can make a Bluefor fight for Opfor by creating an Opfor unit, setting his probability of presence to 0% and then grouping the Bluefor units to it. Same for Independent. I have had Russian, British, and USMC fighting on the same side against Icebreakr's Zeta faction before. Fun stuff.

Yeah i can do that if i was just doing basic missions but not in a full dynamic environment or spawned system like in Insurgency.