Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

hey ice hers another one :)

thers grass on the concert area in front of the main building in the compound at 060017 and the road behind the building may need to be smoothened a little bit.

Sorry to keep you waiting guys the tactical map is at about 60% should be done by Friday night. Also Icebreakr I sent you an email with the bug info attached.

Ps: Whats with the little smile faces all over the map :P keep finding them.

Edited by Flax

sv5000: there is a cutscene, tried it? Load the mission in Editor and then go back to Main menu, it should be there.

Nah mate doesn't seem to be working for me, no biggy mate, love the island.

Flax congrats, you are the first one to report one of new easter eggs ;)

short_German: added to my todo list

With all the mapfixing I doubt I'll finish units tonight...

Flax congrats, you are the first one to report one of new easter eggs ;)

short_German: added to my todo list

With all the mapfixing I doubt I'll finish units tonight...

do what you can IceBreakr, we all appreciate your hard work :)

Hi! I want to know how is this island performance compared to official islands (like Zargabad for example). I have 2 PCs(to play ARMA 2 whit my brother), one is a athlon 2 x4 3.00 Ghz + ATI HD-7750 1 GB gddr5; the problem is the second pc: Atrhlon x2 3.00 Ghz + GF 9500 GT 512 mb Gddr3 :(. How well do you think this island will perform in the second one? Thanks and forgive my bad English!

So, finally downloaded and tested it and... Oh my god!! is the most beautiful and detailed map i ever tried. Spend more than one hour just walking around. And then i thought "no way this is gonna be playable in the other pc :( "... Guess what... It is completely playable!! Config: 1024x768; AA = Disabled; Shadows = high; textures = high; every thing else normal. I know, not very high settings but still it looks so great.

Now just need to download some coop missions; just looked at the Ghost Recon IT campaign and Delta Force 1 remakes and looks like good stuff.

Thanks so much IceBreakr! BIS should hire you asap! :pray:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7139/7072656187_b2b1abf88f_b.jpg >100kb!

My old crappy computer (9500gt + Athlon x2 3 GHZ) but still looks epic!! :D

Edited by Foxhound
Please watch max allowed filesize for hotlinked images!

ivan_dksd: Thank you Ivan. Comments like this keeping me going on :) I miss missions for the island, so I might focus on that after I release a patch & units pack.

@IceBreakr my squad FUSION has quite a few MP maps for Lingor, though they require our addon pack to play them :)

@ivan_dksd : What units are those PMC guys they look great?

J-Guid: i'm so tired of playing Insurgency all the time my head hurts ;) I prefer missions with story in the background.

I'm keeping Lingor RACS Evolution MP co-op warm for the final release...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29

It uses Lingor units and needs porting to 1.337 properly (to make use of the SW city, corazon and the SE promontory) so not finished it yet... waiting on you guys.

It does work with the new NE island and bridges though typically the AI cannot cross the bridges (as always!)

they are great to fly a mirage under at mach 1.

we make heavy use of the sekra class patrol boat in lingor - have enabled it to carry vehicles across the straits. lots of amphibious warfare going on. wish RACS would release an OPFOR boat for us to attack too! we would have it patrol the coasts of lingor...

if you want some story, just get in there, get all your mates to pick each a different class and transfer to your squad and then do side missions all night long... it's an awesome way to explore the island

J-Guid: i'm so tired of playing Insurgency all the time my head hurts ;) I prefer missions with story in the background.

Thank you for playing in Ins :D! Im too, mate ;)

Thank you for playing in Ins :D! Im too, mate ;)

I'm with you there!

Given the small size of the island, I'd severely restrict the number and use of helicopters (you can fly across the entire island in a couple of minutes).

I really like the 3-way power struggle that you've setup (incumbent, rebels & narco).

Once the units are released I'll have a poke and see if I can't come up with an original, coherent and interesting campaign.

ivan_dksd: Thank you Ivan. Comments like this keeping me going on :) I miss missions for the island, so I might focus on that after I release a patch & units pack.

I've been workin' with a friend on "FORCEFIELDS" a nice COOP mission for Lingor. Right now i'm working on tasks, and i'm still waiting for lingor units so i can populate the rest of the island... I want Lingor units there as i want the mission to have a story background.

FORCEFIELDS is coming...

i think a nice honda cbr250 would be great for the race track :D wish money would grow on trees so i get one... license without a vehicle sucks

Just so you know Icebreakr, I've been playing with the latest version of Lingor religiously for MANY MANY hours with the ACE mod in SP with hundreds of units roaming around the villages and I have yet to experience ANY kind of lockups or crashes. I am running a highly overclocked system so it should be stable for everyone else as well; I think I saw a couple people having issues. The island runs very smooth for me with a viewdistance of about 2000. I like to play with a little fog and rain with the environment module as it makes for a realistic jungle atmosphere.

I can't wait for the new units release! :)

Alright guys the tac map has been finished and sent in various forms to Icebreakr and I'll leave it to him to decide how to release it. I will update and improve as and when i can, might do one for Icebreakr's other maps.

@ivan_dksd : What units are those PMC guys they look great?

Those are PMCs from "SpecOps, Mercs, BlackOps and OpFor units" OA pack by Schnapsdrosel and a replacement config i made. Sadly this config has some issues i dint find out how to fix (i can´t add headgear to team sword units and also for some reason Dixon´s head is changed by another one). May be i upload it to armaholic just how it is and let some one else improve it.

Ah nice thought they looked like them, shame about the config, I'm sure if you shared it on the forums someone would help.

Also Icebreaker here is another bug well i'm not sure if its a bug or a bit of crafty placement - Grid Ref 039014 here is a screen shot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37604578/arma2oa%202012-04-14%2000-22-59-881.jpg >100KB

Edited by Flax

two things that stuck out in my mind with the island -

1) is it not possible to create sandy beaches at the resorts?

2) there is a port near Cafe Santiago but the water route leads to the bridge which would in fact make if difficult for ships to get in and dock at the port.

I'm keeping Lingor RACS Evolution MP co-op warm for the final release...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29

It uses Lingor units and needs porting to 1.337 properly (to make use of the SW city, corazon and the SE promontory) so not finished it yet... waiting on you guys.

It does work with the new NE island and bridges though typically the AI cannot cross the bridges (as always!)

they are great to fly a mirage under at mach 1.

we make heavy use of the sekra class patrol boat in lingor - have enabled it to carry vehicles across the straits. lots of amphibious warfare going on. wish RACS would release an OPFOR boat for us to attack too! we would have it patrol the coasts of lingor...

if you want some story, just get in there, get all your mates to pick each a different class and transfer to your squad and then do side missions all night long... it's an awesome way to explore the island

Great news Eggbeast! :)