Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Jedra, I'm having a little trouble figuring out how exactly to use the six updater and for the life of me can't figure out how to launch Arma2:CO through the six updater.

I'll do a short video today and post it in the Six Updater thread so I don't clog up IB's thread. I'll edit this post with the link when it's done...

EDIT -----> Here is the link!

Edited by Jedra

Jedra,

Thanks for the video! I got it to work but had to manualy set the correct path to the exe file but it is not loading the mods. IS there something I have to manually set to load the mods?

Right now I have the exe path set to "_runA2CO.cmd" which launches arma2 CO but no mods load.

If I set it to "ArmA2OA.exe" it doesn't launch as Arma2 CO but it loads the mods.

any suggestions?

please PM me so as not to take the thread off topic. Thanks

Edited by SoopSandwich

Soop: if no mods load its okay - you can enter Expansions menu and enable folders /aka mods there. Of course, game needs to be restarted.

We're still testing new units while map update is 100% complete. There will be two versions:

- Lite (island & civilians & snakes & crocodiles)

- Full (all of above + units (4 factions) + charon's predator)

Cool thing with long testing is that I have a mission pack (coop/tvt) ready and will be supplied along on my website.

Release? Yes, I know a lot of you are waiting and cursing why it takes so long. Mind that I'm cutting my sleep short just to bring this out. Release will happen when units are complete and we will host an opening ceremeny MP event (with prizes for attendees).

As always we appreciate your dedication to the Arma series Icebreakr. Looking forward to the update.

Waiting yes, cursing no IceBreakr - it's done when it's done. The changes in precision-enemy have obviously caused you guys some stress durring testing, so I am glad you didn't just uninstall Arma 2 and go and do something else instead!!

Dude your doing outstanding work here. You take your time brother, sleep is good.

IceBreakr tell size Lite and Full version packed Zip/RAR?

I guess he won't know that till the testing is all complete and its all finished. Personally i will be downloading the Full version and im not bothered about the size as that's what broadband is for :)

I am download Full version(for All include).

My internet connection low,whay i asking that.

Yo dawgz, I've heard you like lights so I've added a few...

maruko_lights.jpg

Looking great IBR

Can't wait to run missions in this tropical paradise...

Lightspeed: any chance you could update your GR campaign with this new version?

In case you missed it under A2 Photography:

Government Forces (GAL) A-4M Skyhawk uses the canopy cover and river line to get to the rebel position.

river_raid0.jpg

A: Lingor v1.337, Lingor Units v1.337

Credits: wld427/PRACS Mod.

Oh my good lord IB - that is lovely! Looking forward to this very much!!

ICE

Anychance of a UH-1H for the GAL Lingor Army in the next update.. ?

Nothing beats the sound of the old girls rotors on this wonderfull terrain.

It would be an awsome addition.

ICE

Anychance of a UH-1H for the GAL Lingor Army in the next update.. ?

Nothing beats the sound of the old girls rotors on this wonderfull terrain.

It would be an awsome addition.

Already in. GAL camo & green one for ARL.

Chief of FEA (Fuerzas Especiales Antiterroristas) announced that recon planes discovered new rebel positions (farms and even towns) [brand new map section] deep in the jungle SW, but that area is under control of ARL and powerful druglord Ramon.

Ramon is spending fortune funding his own army of mercenaries and acquired new weapons and equipment to fight GAL and FEA forces.

It is believed Ramon has close ties with ARL rebels as it would be difficult to believe that same territory is shared between these two strong armies.

skyshot.jpg

Drugs produced on plantations are usually transported from Lingor by sea (fast armed powerboats) [new boats will be included] and air (improvised landing strips, civilian planes) [updated M7 Maule & river spots built for [APS]Gnat's hydro-Cessnas]. FEA announced that GAL will assist them soon in a joint effort to sieze that new area and shut down drug operations.

US DEA forces were helping out FEA [campaign idea], but ties have cooled down after new intel published by US MoD revealed that Ramon bribed certain high ranking people close to the El Presidente del Lingor himself. Constant delays [*hint*] during past several months enabled ARL to grow stronger. With financial aid of drug money and corrupt politicians in Maruko, the island spiraled into a chaos. El Presidente's power is dropping week by week and he even accused US of planning coup d'état and invasion [mission idea]. If US or NATO forces would really invade island, it is quite possible that ARL and GAL forces unite against the new "enemy" [campaign idea].

More news on the hour every hour.

Edited by IceBreakr

Well, you've got my attention! I'm keeping my set tuned...

Yeah me too. I've tried this 1.3 version and it looks outstanding, frame rate is very high. Perfect job!

Hey Ice

Anychance of units for El Presidente, Rammon and maybe a Rebel leader.

A port of the Queens Gambit prince or Prime Minister maybe ?

Looking forward to the new update. Have a co op campaign on hold in anticipation.

:cool:

Edited by shark-attack

Good call shark attack .. Id love to see specific units for the major players within the Lingor factions.

Id also like to see the GAL forces switched to Independant so standard blufor units can go to war with GAL .

Cant wait for the update ... Epic terrain !