Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Colosseum: are you using the latest v1.3? Make sure you don't have any brg_africa.pbo files in other active mod folders as v1.3 features fixed vegetation by Berghoff.

W1CK3D: a lot of work :/ I'm trying hard to push out a new release.

With great things comes a hell of a lot of work, its being able to look back at all the work you put into in the end and watching people enjoy the living hell out of your maps that makes it worth it (in my opinion) :P

We patiently & anxiously await your new release.

Colosseum: are you using the latest v1.3? Make sure you don't have any brg_africa.pbo files in other active mod folders as v1.3 features fixed vegetation by Berghoff.

W1CK3D: a lot of work :/ I'm trying hard to push out a new release.

That seems to have fixed it, though I still hear a glass-breaking and steel-crunching noise whenever I hit plants. :/

Icebreakr is a legend for maps! I have used his maps more than any others by far. Thanks ICE, you are the best.:)

i have a problem with this it says i am missing something that involves lighting then proceeds to crash

i have a problem with this it says i am missing something that involves lighting then proceeds to crash

Check your rpt file for information and post it here. Abolutely no troubleshooting can be done without specific information.

Quick update: 1.33 is still WIP with no certain date. New towns of San Arulco and Avellas are complete and I'm finishing update to Maruko (airport upgrade, new armybase, new suburbs) and Corazon (completely rebuilt).

Sounds great Ice, any progress pics?

Ok, couple of new WIP shots:

corazon_rebuilt.jpg

maruko_new.jpg

maruko_new2.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

WOW, Thanks Ice!.

I cant wait to have a coffee with a few of the guys at that cafe..

WOW, Thanks Ice!.

I cant wait to have a coffee with a few of the guys at that cafe..

Which Cafe - first shot or second? There are quite few in v1.33 ;)

I love how you doctored those screenshots to look "miniature". That technique is really catching on :) Its interesting that the buildings don't look computer-rendered with that effect. Love it!

The one in the second shot.

Wonder what Lingors national drink is?

Corona maybe?

Another WIP:

maruko_suburbs.jpg

lingor_dump.jpg

^ funny, can't remember anyone made that, where do all the wrecks go? ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

looks great Ice!.

finally a dump, can give all those wild dogs roaming around a home :)

fantastic work Ice - I am inspired to revise Island Thunder missions and add Island Thunder part 2 - I hope you will be keeping the Duala desert feel to the sth-east.

It will stay there. But its a bit more bumpy (hills).

I'm finishing a racetrack park for 4x4s with three tracks.

Hey Ice, any chance we can get some good pics of the new army base?

Im working on fortifications for our objects pack and im wondering what might be needed for guard towers and whatnot

The smoothly undulating terrain is one of Lingor's real strengths. It's noticable in most places, but especially so near grid 041,060 and in the north, south of the prison. In comparison, the rather barren half of Pista (far west) in 1.1 was always sour for the eye to gaze upon.

Both of those have positive qualities. ;) I'm afraid my personal opinion of (1.1) Pista's west/southwest is that it's got none. :)

well personally - i loved the swamp to the sw - made for a gr8 night mission especially with the huts.

also the old dirt runway further nw made for a fantastic mission in Island Thunder.

yeh, the whole island could have been done in jungle but i like some variation without having to load another map.

cant wait to do a couple of new missions in the dry region se - with a new campaign - Island Thunder 2.