Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

I don't normally play MP, but i'll join this event just because i love the Lingor so much! You have done awesome work with it as with you're other islands. Can't wait until 1.33.

Edited by Leopard

Me and the rest of my squad are looking forward to playing the MP event :)

Quick update... map updates are coming to an end and all factions units are almost ready. To celebrate the release of v1.33 we're planning a multiplayer event (on the day of launch) hosted by SBP/Fusion squad. We'll let you know of the date. Hopefully 1.60 will be ready soon so more than 30 players can join ;)

New island features:

- further updates to towns of Calamar & Maruko (new base, resort, neighbourhood)

- Lucayan - new big town in vicinity of Calapedro (that will see a big fight in MP opening event) featuring a largest religious object that attracts worshippers from Lingor and other islands. A large office building is local police and army HQ while in slums below ARL plans new terror activities

- increased road safety (new roadsigns, markings, new asphalt)

- added new inns and resorts

- added garbage containers and other detail

- new reinforced shelters for ARL and GAL planes were built by eddyD S.A. Company

New unit info:

- GAL confirmed that they acquired new Panhard VBLs for army and police

- GAL is still having talks to acquire VAB APCs from French Hexagon company. Both VAB and VBL are able to pass rivers.

- GAL Airforce acquired A4 Skyhawks that will perform in bomber role against new ARL positions.

- GAL Airforce (Fuerza Aerea) got UH-1Hs and Gazelle helicopters that increase their air mobility to Southern outposts.

- ARL has currently strong presence in Calamar, Bilbado and Lucayan. New vehicles were spotted there: Kamaz trucks, BRDMs and jeeps.

- a new company operates in SouthWest part offering 4x4 Adventure truck/jeep experience to tourists (that like racing 100mph-160km/h with Kamaz racing truck)

Looks like a very solid update, looking forward to it :cool:

Wanted to thank you again for this map. :)

The 16AA currently have a 15-mission campaign of mine on the island (v1.1, which I think is the prettiest), and the terrain is exactly the way it should be. A lot of designers don't think much of uneven hills with slight, slight bumps and changes in them, but to people that try to do things realistically it's a massive bonus. Ledges, defilade, ridges, they all come together in the way they really ought to on this map.

The grass is perfect - not Namalsk crazy, but adds a challenge. Foilage is still a bit too permeable to AI vision, but there's only so much one can do about that.

I've made some airport diagrams and assorted shit for the campaign, but this was one of the cooler pictures (link to bigger image) :

small.jpg

Some storyline changes had to be made. ;) We're technically fighting Duala Africans, not white Lingor people.

Thank you for your hard work.

Wow, nice job :) there's nothing like a cool planned campaign.

Too bad I didn't release v1.33 yet ... still tweaking and adding stuff :/

Wait a minute, Lingor, Duala and Sahrani are off the coast of west Africa? I thought Lingor and Sahrani would be near south america due to their terrain and language.

Wait a minute, Lingor, Duala and Sahrani are off the coast of west Africa? I thought Lingor and Sahrani would be near south america due to their terrain and language.

For 16AA's campaign storyline, I placed them there. I know Lingor's meant to be in the Caribbean or thereabouts. ;) That's why I have to use Duala people instead of Lingor people. Which was also why I inquired here a month or two ago about changing the Lingor ambient civs into Africans from Duala.

Lingor is fictional country and it geographically set to Venezuela / Colombia region.

We have an Amphibious Assault Multi Day Mission about to launch to the public for Lingor. GAL forces have been defeated and the United States has sent in the Marines to help retake the island. The mission starts out with an airfield having been secured where the players start and most of the MEU's equipment still on the boats. The mission includes slots of Navy Seals, Marine Fire Teams, Pilots, Vehicle Crew, FiST Team and more.

The Mission Features:

-ACE Equipment, Wounds, and more

-Fire Support Scripts for just about any fire mission or support type

-LPD and LHD Ships placed with equipment, vehicles and aircraft

-Logistics (Move many items by hand, vehicle, or helicopter

-TO&E equipment and vehicles (as close as we can get)

-CH 53 Sea Stallion

-Random enemy spawn locations and numbers...no need to place any enemy on the map

-Random static and vehicle locations and numbers...no need to place any on the map

-Side Mission(s)

The mission is based off of the Mission Support System.

Edited by sowens

Hey Ice,

I wanted to ask how do i find out the names of the tree classes on your maps?

so i can add them to JTD Fire & Smoke :)

Afaik, Berghoff did not set any classes for his trees. His config in brg_africa is empty.

Amazing job as ever, Icebreakr. This settles it...I'm finally going to do the paypal donation I've been meaning to do for a while now. Thanks for all your mapmaking efforts on behalf of the Arma community!

Hey nice work.

Looks like some detailed work, can't wait to have a look :)

Lingor is fictional country and it geographically set to Venezuela / Colombia region.

...and doubling as an Indonesian Island in my upcoming mission -Spanish named towns be damned!!

Is that a soccer field :|

zonker3210: thanks mate, appreciate it!

grub: tnx, i've been trying to open up a map a bit, similiar to Lemnos setting - more space between objects

froggyluv: yup, there's bunch of soccer fields on Lingor, very popular sport over there.

We at http://hellsgategaming.com love Island Lingor with a passion but are in need of missions , can anybody tell us where we can find some for our

team plz :-)

Simple :-)

Go here:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=search

Add the island name you want to search missions for in the search field.

In the "Select page categories:" area select the scenarios section(s) you wish to search through. Hold CTRL while selecting multiple categories, make sure to make your first category selection without holding the CTRL button otherwise it will include the first option (all sections), and than press search.

All missions available on Armaholic within the specified categor(y)(ies) which require Island Lingor will now be displayed.

Happy downloading :)

Is that a soccer field :|

i think you mean a football pitch..

Nice screenshots @IceBreakr :)

I love Lingor but I'd also really love to see some of the vegetation fixed to where running into a fern doesn't blow out my truck tire. That just doesn't make sense. Running into a soft-stemmed plant shouldn't damage my vehicle.