Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Hardly but miracles happen sometimes who knows ;)

Well if you take the jump in an abrams it'll probably be fine, but not a wheeled vehicle lol

Lets not guess, lets try it out ;)

VmYQjOTVQN8

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

BTW: I got a request for a new space requirement for A2Life mod. What do you think?

lingora2l.jpg

1-4: new neighbourhoods will have a lot of empty space, fence around, road access (red line).

5: I would flatten that area so you can put down custom base and a new road will lead to this place

Also the docks you added to Maruko airport. Could you change them to the larger version. I need someplace to park our bigger warships.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/th_arma2oa2011-08-2115-36-30-73.jpg

Will that be okay wld427? ;)

wld_docks.jpg

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote images!

Thanks Ice that will be perfect :)

No i just hope the water is ddep enoough for my missile boats :yay:

LOL that was the funniest video I have seen yet for ARMA! Just great! :)

I'm still working on v1.33, don't worry ;) bunch of new stuff and cool changes, I've spent couple days just working on new sections rearranging some stuff that I really didn't like. Bunch of new areas to explore, make missions there or set up new bases from scratch (now plently of space for that).

[/color]BTW: I got a request for a new space requirement for A2Life mod. What do you think?

http://www.shrani.si/t/2N/6K/3T9ud3oD/lingora2l.jpg

1-4: new neighbourhoods will have a lot of empty space, fence around, road access (red line).

5: I would flatten that area so you can put down custom base and a new road will lead to this place

You Sir are a Gentlemen and a Scholar, that area is perfect for a neighborhood and would be a great addition to the map and a great feature to our Mod. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time not only to consider our request but to actually follow through with it. 1.33 looks phenomenal and we eagerly await its release :D

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote images!

Great work as always Ice,

It is really cool of you to take requests and adjustments to what your players request. Not many people would do that these days.

Thanks guys for kind words. I try my best.

I'm still requesting someone to do a leader & a soldier of a Tayzoon faction. They are old hunters/natives living in the jungle and their weapon is an old rifle (since I doubt I can see a crossbow or a longbow in A2). I could help with textures, they should not wear any shirts. One type of soldier can wear a mask of some sort (Shaman class). Anyone with skillz?

Thanks guys for kind words. I try my best.

I'm still requesting someone to do a leader & a soldier of a Tayzoon faction. They are old hunters/natives living in the jungle and their weapon is an old rifle (since I doubt I can see a crossbow or a longbow in A2). I could help with textures, they should not wear any shirts. One type of soldier can wear a mask of some sort (Shaman class). Anyone with skillz?

Hey Ice, it's funny you said that since Icewind.123 have released a new units for the Stargate Mod few days ago with a bow.

Have a look.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz273/Scorpion556/arma2oa2011-08-2716-59-11-05.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz273/Scorpion556/arma2oa2011-08-2716-59-15-27.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz273/Scorpion556/arma2oa2011-08-2716-59-18-35.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz273/Scorpion556/arma2oa2011-08-2716-59-23-99.jpg

For the rifle, you could always give them the good old Lee Enfield that BIS provided us with Arma OA. What you think ?

I don't know if you can find Icewind.123 here on the BIS forum but you can contact him on the Stargate Mod forum for sure.

http://www.stargateassault.net/forum/index.php

I hope it'll help you

I unfortunately dont have the skills to assist you but wanted to suggest perhaps making javelin throwing natives as a sort of middle ground, perhaps as a replacement to grenades since both are something lobbed through the air.

Just curious...I noticed an error I don't recall seeing with earlier versions:

Addon 'ibr_lingor' requires addon 'ibr_lcivilian_patch'

It comes up while the game first loads...I click Okay and everything loads just fine and I can run around Lingor the same as ever without any noticeable problems (haven't checked RPT file). Anyhow, for some reason I thought the Lingor Units were separate and not required. Am I mistaken or is this a new requirement? Not really a major deal since I have the units, but I generally prefer to limit the number of addons needed when making missions.

Thanks for another excellent island, Icebreakr!

I get the

Addon 'ibr_lingor' requires addon 'ibr_lcivilian_patch'

popup too.

Great Islands IceBreakr.

I spend 95% of my time in Lingor and Isla Duala.

thanks

GH

Well, as I've said in previous posts ibr_lcivilian_patch is from file ibr_lcivilians.pbo that is supplied with Lingor Units addon. Local population from that addon is used when you activate the new Civilians module (F7 in Editor). I have two options:

a) remove the dependency

b) add the ibr_lcivilians.pbo file to island (it contains many units like civilians, ARL rebels, Unisol cyborgs/scientists/guards, etc.)

You could also consider separating the civilians module from the island's config, making it a separate addon. That way people can choose to just use the island or the island + civilians module + civilians by means of adding the addons to their mod folder.

Well, as I've said in previous posts ibr_lcivilian_patch is from file ibr_lcivilians.pbo that is supplied with Lingor Units addon. Local population from that addon is used when you activate the new Civilians module (F7 in Editor). I have two options:

a) remove the dependency

b) add the ibr_lcivilians.pbo file to island (it contains many units like civilians, ARL rebels, Unisol cyborgs/scientists/guards, etc.)

Thanks for the info, Icebreakr. I searched this thread but didn't find anything about that error. Obviously I was searching with the wrong terms!

Anyhow, it sounds like the Lingor Units are now required for the island. I really prefer to require as few addons as possible when making missions. If I don't use the Civilians module in my missions and choose not to load the Lingor Units addon, will that cause any issues with my mission, Lingor island or the game itself?

Maybe possible to make the default civilians the vanilla units and then the lingor units addon will override that to make the module use lingor civilians?

I don't think its doable due to one island config. I'll remove the unit dependency in next release, okay?

I'm also updating unit pack for Lingor. But I think you'll really like the island upgrades... quite a few. Even a new Jurrasic 4x4 Adventure route... vehicles included ;)

NoRaingunner: yes, snakes are present in v1.33 tnx to CSJ's that allowed me to include 'em. But only placable via editor for evil mission makers, otherwise someone might get a heartattack when exploring island on foot ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

I guess im late to the party....but THANK YOU for this GREAT map IceBreakr. This map blew me away with its quality, its actually fun to explore with a lil ACM going on. Im a fan now and will stalk your work from now on. What is your profession?

Edited by Gameqb11

Hey Gameqb11, thanks! Be sure to check Isla Duala and other islands. My current plan:

- update Lingor & Lingor units to v1.33

- update Isla Duala to v1.96

- release Alpha version of Balkania (Massacra) project.

I'm a women intimate part stylist. But this "shave it clean" fashion lately is driving me outta business, I tell you.

Quick update... map updates are coming to an end and all factions units are almost ready. To celebrate the release of v1.33 we're planning a multiplayer event (on the day of launch) hosted by SBP/Fusion squad. We'll let you know of the date. Hopefully 1.60 will be ready soon so more than 30 players can join ;)

New island features:

- further updates to towns of Calamar & Maruko (new base, resort, neighbourhood)

- Lucayan - new big town in vicinity of Calapedro (that will see a big fight in MP opening event) featuring a largest religious object that attracts worshippers from Lingor and other islands. A large office building is local police and army HQ while in slums below ARL plans new terror activities

- increased road safety (new roadsigns, markings, new asphalt)

- added new inns and resorts

- added garbage containers and other detail

- new reinforced shelters for ARL and GAL planes were built by eddyD S.A. Company

New unit info:

- GAL confirmed that they acquired new Panhard VBLs for army and police

- GAL is still having talks to acquire VAB APCs from French Hexagon company. Both VAB and VBL are able to pass rivers.

- GAL Airforce acquired A4 Skyhawks that will perform in bomber role against new ARL positions.

- GAL Airforce (Fuerza Aerea) got UH-1Hs and Gazelle helicopters that increase their air mobility to Southern outposts.

- ARL has currently strong presence in Calamar, Bilbado and Lucayan. New vehicles were spotted there: Kamaz trucks, BRDMs and jeeps.

- a new company operates in SouthWest part offering 4x4 Adventure truck/jeep experience to tourists (that like racing 100mph-160km/h with Kamaz racing truck)

Edited by IceBreakr