Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

I`ve moved to another server (OS Win server 2008) & updated Arma2 & OA

to v1.09 , v1.59 & now serverkeys dont work, i cant work out if its the OS or the Arma2 update , can someone help plz we love Lingor v1.1 so much.

i have just a little config request, make the lingor units backpack capable. sorry if this is the wrong thread but i couldnt find a specific lingor unit thread

Just downloaded your island and began the Ghost Recon missions for it and i just gotta say...

Thanks man! What an awesome piece of work i have for free! Really appreciate the effort as i'm sure a lot do and have said!

Great setting! Oh the possibilities ;)

This is my first island addon i've tried and it just makes me want to have a go!

Awesome!!!

Sorry guys, I've been on a short vacation. v1.2 is coming, don't worry ;) plus... I did a research on a new terrain while doing a short stay in "that" country ;)

Can we assume you'll be making a Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace map as you've just returned from London?

Sorry guys, I've been on a short vacation. v1.2 is coming, don't worry plus... I did a research on a new terrain while doing a short stay in "that" country

any new areas coming to LIngor?

im working on a cool new mission for Lingor to really enjoy the atmosphere that this map brings - would take a good 2 - 3 hours to complete and everytime you play the mission, it will be a different experience.

Well tell me what you have in mind? I've wanted to put down couple of areas that could be used for bases / FOBs. And expand the Maruko a bit. You tell me?

Ice we have been using Lingot for the testing of PRACS in multiplayer. The only recommendations i can make besides the ones we discussed before would be to make the land north of maruko down to the coast a little smoother. It would be nice to place more of my hardened aircraft shelters.

Maybee another small island to the south east with an alcatraz type prison or something of that nature or a big power plant.

Just a couple of ideas but the island is fundamentally wonderful.

I've just been around the island finding the clues... that's awesome it's like a mini-game just for having the map :)

I am stuck though, I found:

the sixth rock - but don't understand how to merge them... I tried adding them up and dividing by 6... that didn't work. Then some other bizarre math things that didn't pan out... I saw the post where it starts 07xxxx.

if anyone has a hint that would be great.

Thanks again for the island, really like the brown water,it's different and good. I guess you can't have a brown to "clear" water because of the texture change.

Dissaifer

Well, each stone you visit is marked from I to VI and another number is drawn on it. Assemble these numbers from 1 to 6 and you'll get a coordinate for a special place...

doh! Thanks IceBreakr

... you sir, have seen into my nightmare world that was not all what I was expecting!!! Which made finding it even better. :) But now I have to go and destroy the entire area... just to make sure.

Edited by Dissaifer

hmmmm what would i want for Lingor - give me a little time to think about this.

i am working on a new mission for Lingor which will take a coop team at least 2 hours up to 3 hours. a behind enemy lines mission.

but with my love of Lingor i could see several more missions to be built here.

i am actually starting to use the Molatian and other Duala characters here bcoz they just fit so well. i wonder how a more desolate region to the east would go here.

let me think.

I've just been around the island finding the clues... that's awesome it's like a mini-game just for having the map :)

I am stuck though, I found:

the sixth rock - but don't understand how to merge them... I tried adding them up and dividing by 6... that didn't work. Then some other bizarre math things that didn't pan out... I saw the post where it starts 07xxxx.

if anyone has a hint that would be great.

Thanks again for the island, really like the brown water,it's different and good. I guess you can't have a brown to "clear" water because of the texture change.

This sounds interesting! Sorry i can't help you now but can you put me at the start of it, i'd like to give it a go ;)

If i catch you up i may be able to repay the favour too :D

ok i thought about it Ice - now off to the East of Victorin there is a bit of space to build and East of Victorin is also a large hill which is quite barrren (not much grass) almost reminds me of the hills at Duala.

now just south of Victorin is an oil port

and a little further south-east is a mine.

so im kinda thinkin that its a mineral rich area east - south-east and i can see it now - some scattered smaller islands - less lush grass more barren bcoz of the high winds that blow across it from the East. and of course, its a fairly industrial area - coz at the end of the day its all about the fk'n oil (and the diamonds it seems) isnt it.

pair the oil and diamond mines with the characters of Molatia and Afrenia and we are talking a seriously great combination.

so thats what i see as a valid addition to Lingor - but you are the master.

i am actually starting to use the Molatian and other Duala characters here bcoz they just fit so well. i wonder how a more desolate region to the east would go here.

It would be an awesome way of introducing characters from overseas. They could even make reference to peoples and places in Duala. That way if and when you create missions in Duala players on your Lingor maps would feel an affinity.

You probably already saw it in Duala topic or on Facebook Lingor page: Berghoff updated the foliage so AI doesn't have advantage over humans in the thick dense jungle. If you sneak they can actually fail to spot you in very close distances (2meters+) :)

Lingor will get its update when I'm done with Duala.

You probably already saw it in Duala topic or on Facebook Lingor page: Berghoff updated the foliage so AI doesn't have advantage over humans in the thick dense jungle. If you sneak they can actually fail to spot you in very close distances (2meters+) :)

Lingor will get its update when I'm done with Duala.

that is if the baby doesn't show up first :p (2 weeks to go here :) )

LOVE THE ISLAND! That foliage fix will be the icing on the cake :D Just a quick report - you can't enter the southern lighthouse unless you crawl or crouch. It appears to be set too low into the terrain by about 0.1 meters. Discovered this during the ancient secret treasure hunt :)

Hey, I tried running 1.1 with its dependencies(@brg_africa) off six-updater and it failed to work( I think), The terrain is almost like a green desert. Some trees appear but I dont see any jungles at all. Another problem I am having is, when I try to load it on my linux server it brings up this error

Missing addons detected:

ibr_lingor

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ibr_lingor

ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

My mod paths are MOD="-mod=@lingor\;@brg_africa\;@lingor_units". Can someone please help me get both issues fixed?

At a guess I'd suggest changing your target line so that it reads:

-mod==@lingor;@brg_africa;@lingor_units

i.e. remove those anti-slashes

At a guess I'd suggest changing your target line so that it reads:

-mod==@lingor;@brg_africa;@lingor_units

i.e. remove those anti-slashes

You have to escape the semi's in linux server I believe, however my actual game uses the suggested above configuration though.

I'll update Lingor with new vegetation right after the release of new Duala v1.93+

I'll update Lingor with new vegetation right after the release of new Duala v1.93+

Keep up the great work buddy :)