Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

OK guys, I finaly narrrowed the error down to the L-159A addon by CheyenneAh56.

Can the issue be confirmed by anyone else, well I am not sure if there is any point anyway? The L-159 is an awesome addon also, it is a requirement for a campaign that I have been meaning to play, therefore I had the addon enabled.

I know nothing about addon editing, but would anyone else know why there seems to be an incompatability?

Thanks again

Frosty.

Yeah I'm familiar with that plane error. Mind that L-159 is created for A1 and is not totally compatible with A2 and Arrowhead. Arrowhead has a very similiar plane (Takistan L-39; class name is L39_TK_EP1) so try replacing that missions with it by editing the class to L39_TK_EP1 in mission.sqm?

Hi IceBreakr

love Lingor. As always you did an outstanding job. Played Island Thunder and Delta Force campaigns on your Island. Lingor is just amazing. You're the man!!!!

I'm curious what you're currently cooking in your magical kitchen.

Your Islands are really awesome and my favourite toys.:thanx:

Thank you for all the hard work you put into your projects.

kind regards

Since I'm doing a desert version of Lingor named Dingor (dedicated to the omgcrappyfps/omgwhereisthedesert whiners out there) I might let you know that Mr. Per Loggert's idea for Luala is seriously considered. Luala = Lush vegetation Duala. But it will be much closer to Sahrani than full-jungle ;)

So he says from his Duala thread ^^

Thanks nettrucker!

I'm currently finishing Duala v1.9 and a new update for Lingor (mainly bug fixes).

Excellent work as usual Icebreaker!!

Any chance of doing a proper large city map in future? With your attention to details I think such a map would be AMAZING!

Map Massacra features such a town... no ETA.

Here is a mission from my Ghost Recon:Island Thunder campaign - we did this run over the weekend on the amazing Lingor -

Hi! Will say that i love your map here IceBreakr. One thing im wondering about doe, have converted the TFOR and MSO mission to our own vers. to the Squad of mine, and having a little problem since we are playing with out any kind of markers, we are using compas and DAGR (grids / coordinates) to navigate on the map. I have see that we are not able to use the BIS/ACE tools regarding to this since your map only show 6 digit grid in the DAGR tool instead of 8. Im almost 100% shure that its not mission related since i have tested this in editor with a clean inti.sqf and mission.sqm file. Hope to get some advice from either you or somone else to fix this, since we will still use your great map for our task force..

Alex

Edited by Logitrust

Hmm, not sure where to fix that. Any clues guys?

btw, what does this do in the config? plateFormat="ML$ - #####";

Hmm, not sure where to fix that. Any clues guys?

btw, what does this do in the config? plateFormat="ML$ - #####";

I think it sets the letters and some random numbers for the civilian car plates.

The ACE map tools and DAGR should work fine regardless of map having 6 or 8 digit grids. If not, you should submit a bug ticket to ACE or MSO (if the issue is only with that mission)

I have D/L`d Lingor & put it on our team server but cant use scroll wheel on mice to access controlls like setting down sathel charges or detonate them along with other items, i have tryed different missions but same problem but if i try different island i have no problems.

I have to say this is the best island i have ever played on , & if i could sort this prob out i would give this Island a 11 out of 10,

PLZ help.

I think it sets the letters and some random numbers for the civilian car plates.

The ACE map tools and DAGR should work fine regardless of map having 6 or 8 digit grids. If not, you should submit a bug ticket to ACE or MSO (if the issue is only with that mission)

well it does not work and btw the DAGR is not designed to work with 6 digits only because of the large area of a 6 digit location its completely useless. in other words it cannot be used on a 6 digit island.

Ticket submitted to Ace team http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18227

Edited by ScareCroweb

@ScareCroweb not much the ACE team can do regarding your ticket; the DAGR can only read coords from the map; it can't extrapolate / generate them on its own. Would require too much scripting time to constantly read / extrapolate your position.

@IceBreakr the only thing I found was This Visitor 3 Tutorial regarding project settings. I found no other references to map settings to form larger or smaller grids for ArmA 2.

@ScareCroweb not much the ACE team can do regarding your ticket; the DAGR can only read coords from the map; it can't extrapolate / generate them on its own. Would require too much scripting time to constantly read / extrapolate your position.

so what is this then? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14481 :)

Regarding the DAGR, the ACE2 team actually has to set up a config for the island itself to add the extra digits. What I mean is, turn ACE2 off and play Duala it has 6 digits, XXX,XXX but turn ACE2 on and it'll show 8, XXXX,XXXX. I've read it before that it will only work on Islands the ACE2 team has config'd for it (Hence why you won't see islands such as Fallujah to have an 8 digit Cord-Numbers.

(Read through the ACE2 site http://ace.dev-heaven.net/Advanced_Combat_Environment to find out more about it. It has information about the DAGR and where I learned this)

Hey I installed this island and the trees are still floating? Oh yeah I have Arma2 OA 1.57 and also all the latest required pbo's for this island to run

Edited by bigstone

bigstone: It seems you're using an old version of Berghoff's African Foliage.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8523

Please check arma folder for older versions (you probably have multiple and game takes the older one as its loaded first). Lemme know if that solved your problem.

well it does not work and btw the DAGR is not designed to work with 6 digits only because of the large area of a 6 digit location its completely useless. in other words it cannot be used on a 6 digit island.

Ticket submitted to Ace team http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18227

Grid config example added: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18227#note-7

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder v2.0 - for 9 player coop - http://www.zshare.net/download/87846894d5e82ed3/

SP campaign - v2.0 inbound in the next 24 hours.

also, expect a friend of mine to provide me with ACE2 version soon.

Mission 4 - Swamp Airfield live coop -

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

What a beautiful Island and the GR IT mission videos on it look awesome.

Super team play.

Thanks guys.

OK Ice breaker I found all the pbos and deleted them. I added the updated v1.20 brg trees and the trees are still floating, but the palm trees are on the ground. Its just the huge trees that float???