Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

first i wish everybody the best for the new year and its good to hear i will be losing my monkeys in takistan this year :P

Happy New Year to all of you!

In order for operations to continue on Lingor, 1.1 is scheduled for this week, I've took one week extra to incorporate couple of new things in.

Nikiforos: Takistani Monkeys are more elusive that Lingorian Chupacabra, did you ever see one? :)

Chupacabra :459:

I tread on the side of dumbness here, but, you putting one in the map?

Oh god, the suspense is killling me Icebreakr :p

- fixed the sounds (a bit lower volume of water/rain) and made 'em local only to the Lingor (no more monkeys in Takistan)

Thanks IceBreakr for this ! Can't wait for the next version - sounds like great progress.

Khaki: 1.1 is coming along nicely, but still WIP.

So far I've:

- fixed clutter compatibility with other islands

- fixed the sounds (a bit lower volume of water/rain) and made 'em local only to the Lingor (no more monkeys in Takistan)

- added a large new landmass North-East (just East of Maruko)

- couple of small farms (for snowflake production ;)

- fixed riddle's last position

- flags for all sides

- MikeBart's placable hemp-plant

- new intro anim by W0lle

Release: next year :)))

But maybe I got used to and now actually like the monkeys... :D

Change log looks good though, thanks for the info.

New island NorthEast of Maruko features a:

- small dirtstrip for air delivery from nearby islands

- a port to unload the goods from boats

- a seaside town of Conoteta

- villa of Gomez Espinoza, local warlord and major of the isle

- three fields, farmhouses

- four villages

- only a short road to Conoteta is paved, all others are mud roads

- rocky pass above main town

Still WIP, hopefully will be ready soon.

p.s. I've received a lot of emails and messages lately of you voting me up for a A2 community awards. I would like to thank you for your support, I really appreciate that you're enjoying my work.

One more question: would you like to have river & sea water in 1.1 to be blue/turquoise instead of current dull brown?

Edited by IceBreakr

Fantastic but I have a question what kind of goods and delivery are u talking about? What kind of products?:butbut:

Nikiforos you know: cocaine & banana export, weapon & V8 car import, usual stuff :)

Ok but I want to be with the good guys not with these guys who transport all these illegal stuff :p

The blue or turquoise sea water would look awesome :)

One more question: would you like to have river & sea water in 1.1 to be blue/turquoise instead of current dull brown?

Personally I prefer it to be brown. I've yet to see a clear blue river in the tropics.

although the blue looks great, brown probably fits better for a rainy, jungle area. I'll be a happy camper either way with the update!

I think it would look better in brown. I think if you change something like the river colour it would change the whole feeling of the island. It would go from a south american jungle/amazon type to a tropical/paradise scene.

Example:

2wfjvhj.jpg

or

xf24r6.jpg

I think it would look better in brown. I think if you change something like the river colour it would change the whole feeling of the island. It would go from a south american jungle/amazon type to a tropical/paradise scene.

Indeed, leave it brown and avoid the "Bounty" island theme. The grittier the better.

Btw, i think it would be look good when the houses aren't sticked ontop of the grass areas but actually have some sort of a transition, like some sand or so around it, especially at the front / entrence of the houses. Also i was missing the beaches, last i checked the grass dived right into the sea maybe some sand in between?

Edited by Chill xl

Brown water stays. We're just testing Lingor v1.1beta.... =)

Update:

Lingor v1.1 beta test complete. We found couple of small bugs but I think it will be ready really soon. Cool thing is that v1.1 features a new landmass and here's a first preview shot of it:

isla_mariana_small.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Is bug of hearing sounds from Lingor on other "islands" will be fixed in next release?

because when you hear parrots ect. on Chernarus or Takistan is a bit weird ...

Is bug of hearing sounds from Lingor on other "islands" will be fixed in next release?

because when you hear parrots ect. on Chernarus or Takistan is a bit weird ...

I think there was an answer about that a few days ago:

Khaki: 1.1 is coming along nicely, but still WIP.

So far I've:

- fixed clutter compatibility with other islands

Edit: Really looking forward to the update. Besides resolving the few named bugs, a complete new bonus landmass is a great present for us. Thanks for that!

Also for me the brownish colouring of the rivers feels way more natural for this island. Good that it stays like it is.

Edited by WillaCHilla

Glad you like it. Playing Coop with mounting attacks from Maruko to Mariana is dreamlike ;) Hopefully I can wrap it up by the end of this week.

If you think I made a substantial contribution to the community with Project Lingor please take a moment and vote for me in Community Awards 2010. Project took me more than 6 months to complete and I will try to update it on regular basis (if needed).