Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

How? There are no Lingor civilians yet! :p

Evolution Lingor Released

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110987

Requires CO (arma 2 & OA) patch 1.56 (free PMC units)

We've been on it a lot and it all seems to work except for that darn lift I needto fix at the assassination mission hq. only minor though.

ENJOY.

will port in lingor units when they're ready

Ice - can you add it to your website please?

Quick update:

Wld427 managed to strip down the MiG-21 for airshow purposes and I've finished the skin of "Pez Espada" (Swordfish) local acrobatic squadron. This version doesn't have a cannon installed, not any weapons. Only thing installed are the flares for the airshow entertainment. In the free time this plane is used for training purposes. A squadron took a trip over the North Sea to attend the Sahrani Airshow 2010 over Town of Arcadia. The crowd loved it.

Venator PMC team is expecting a fresh cargo of Herstal's FN F2000 crates today. There's a rumor of C9 Minimis and M14/AIM to be shipped to the island, but probably not before January.

ARL (rebels) and GAL (government) troops are fully ready for the combat.

Expected Lingor Units v1.0 release: emm, today.

Expected Lingor Units v1.0 release: emm, today

Awesome. You are spoiling us... :yay:

Cheers

Edited by guyfawkestom
Forgot dancing bananas

IceBreakr, for some reason the Lingor sound effects are carrying over in the ambient noise on all of my other islands, including stock islands. Do you know how I can stop this, or can I just get rid of the sounds file altogether? Thanks.

dingyisun: that will be fixed in upcoming v1.1

I've wanted to release the units but we've been unable to fix one issue with dedicated server rejecting one addon file. It always reports it missing...

Actually it makes me laugh when I play desert missions and I hear monkeys and djungle sounds .

But honestly it would be great to fix it :).

Ok, after couple of painful hours I've managed to fix the dedicated server bug. All is working now... I'll try to pack everything up and do a quick test with couple of buddies so v1.0 of Lingor Units is stable and ready for release.

Lingor v1.1 is also 80% done, I just need couple more hours (that I find hard to find lately).

Take your time man ^^ Lingor was well worth the wait even if there is that goofy bug with the sounds. I never mind it cause I don't notice anything other then -CRACK- 'GET DOWN!' 'CORPSMEN!' and such hehe XD

Amazing work IceBreakr!

BIS should send you a hot Czech woman and include your islands in their next DLC.

Hi IceBreakr,

Not sure if its been discussed already, are you changing your configs so sounds don't overlay other islands ...... or is it other peoples terrains that have a config issue?

Gnat;1814662']Hi IceBreakr' date='

Not sure if its been discussed already, are you changing your configs so sounds don't overlay other islands ...... or is it other peoples terrains that have a config issue?[/quote']

Its ENTIRELY HIS FAULT!!!!1111 :D

He already announced a fix for that problem will be made.

Kind of a noob with this but I wanted to know I was reading a review on a city of another addon island and it said something about not supporting ALICE, then I realized that ok not all modules will work with islands is there a way for me to know or understand what will and wont work with new islands?

I've been to Austria for a whole day, so I weren't able to release the addon. I'll return in few hours and pack everything up. Well, sound issue is the part of the island and island gets updated to 1.1 in the upcoming week. My priority now is to release the units (ARL, GAL and Civilians). ALICE module works with the new civilians. Tell me if I should leave the Chernarus folks active, since my Civilians are all male? ;) Locos just love to watch the Chernarus chicks jogging around the Lingor ;)

Tell me if I should leave the Chernarus folks active, since my Civilians are all male? ;) Locos just love to watch the Chernarus chicks jogging around the Lingor ;)

With all due respect, you can keep your sausage fest :D

Have you already managed the grass problem with Duala and Lingor?

Because this problems keeps me away from installing Lingor because I need Duala more often.

Have you already managed the grass problem with Duala and Lingor?

Because this problems keeps me away from installing Lingor because I need Duala more often.

You should just get yourself an Arma2 launcher and set up two profiles - one with and one without lingor.

Ice-

Just loaded this up earlier today. Just beautiful. Exceptionally good work!

If you have any requests what would you like to see on island v1.1 lemme know, m'kay?

Here's my mail:

icemail.jpg

Just to ease the wait here are couple of highlights:

- added a small Isla Distanta on NorthEast for off-shore military ops. Featuring a helipad, barracks and a vstol takeoff strip (unpaved but nicely flattened).

- Vilas supplied a nice van for: ambulance, security group V7 (bank money transfer) and police special unit (coming in Units v1.0 or maybe 1.1, I'm still working on the textures).

- added druglord men & couple of small farms that you can grow hemp on (thanks to MikeBart that also supplied the weed for Duala ;))

- lowered the river ambient sound & localized the sound to Lingor

- added flags for all sides (venator, arl & gal)

- grass fix to ensure compatibility with other islands clutter

- mig-21 for airshows added

- special faction added

- custom faces added

Oh, I almost forgot. If you made any spanish/latin faces or jungle camo ones - that you would donate to this project, please send them to my email above, tnx :)

Edited by IceBreakr

:yay: Enjoyed your Wiener Schnitzel? :D

Nice update and take your time.

Edited by Mr. Charles

Hey IceBreakr

I downloaded Lingor, and as says in the readme for Arma2, but when i load the island up in the editor which crashes my game right away,

map dont even open.

I looked at my Rpt, and it dont say anything I can recognize, like incompatible version ect.,

Im running stock Arma2 patched to latest 1.08, with no mods just cba.

Am I missing something, most islands work for me on Arma2 but this one in particular dont,

it crashes my game right away as soon as it goes to load.

I have all the other islands you made which work np IceBreakr any ideas?

EDIT:

I seen this on your website:

You need game Arma2 & Operation Arrowhead Addon in order to play latest project Island Lingor. Previous islands require Arma2 only.

I guess I will have to wait to play on the island, thanks for your hard work!

Edited by Gnter Severloh

:yay: Enjoyed your Wiener Schnitzel? :D

Hmm, how did u guess? I never eat that, except this Saturday, after many many months :)

I'll be back home in the evening and I hope to put at least units finally together. Vilas helped me with wounds config so I think there's a way to solve open issues in few hours time :) if I don't suceed I'll include police/swat units a bit later in 1.1.