Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Yeah, variation would be great, and maybe some with tucked in shirts for a more professional look to them?

Please no hats for the units. Give the player the choice to pick what headgear they want from the profile page. Great work on the island. I am still working on domination for it. Keep it up.

Enad: More colors, got in.

Devil Dogs SF: I'm not a qualified shirt-tucker ;) besides guys told me they like to be more "informal" :)

Prototype 001: What profile page? Headgear is coded in the model.

p.s. You guys want to get this released soon or in Q3 2011? :)

The BB Mercenarys and the Navy Seal addons have it set so you can chose what helmets/head gear you want from profile page. It gives you the option to look different from other units in the same uniform.

Icebreakr I would like to have this released as soon as possible if its ok with you. Dont listen to much to people wanting things be a true dictator and make your own decisions :)

Please no hats for the units. Give the player the choice to pick what headgear they want from the profile page. Great work on the island. I am still working on domination for it. Keep it up.

Yeah i agree on this.

He means so you can pick headgear from the 'glasses' drop down menu in the player profile editor.

You could just add the baseball caps etc in there as glasses, its quite easy.

screw the fancy stuff... if the hats and things like that were going to be added, they should have been proposed WAY earlier in development, not once the addons are nearing completion.

I'd rather them have hats then have to code them to have headgear. Leave em with hats Ice. :)

and release is as soon as you feel they are ready! :)

Looking real nice mate as always. Been playing your map loads using an EVO mission. Its great !

Thank you for all the hard work.

Hi Icebreakr!

Just one little question, which may be asked several times, i don´t know.

Could you say when you release the update for lingor?

It doesn´t have to be the exact date. Something like next week or so would help us a lot beacuse if it still takes some more time we would take out the lingor_sounds.pbo to have the original sounds of the other islands on our server.

I love your maps and this is no exception great work!

I get a weird error message though, when I am about to enter the map in the Editor I get this, Size 'sections/' not an array, any remedy for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for a great map!

I get this exact same thing, i've found no solution yet.

You two will have to tell me more. What version are you using, do you have A2+OA combined, what other mods are you using, etc.

MadMike.48th: units this upcoming week, island update 1-2 weeks.

Edited by IceBreakr

You two will have to tell me more. What version are you using, do you have A2+OA combined, what other mods are you using, etc.

I'm using the latest steam version, running combined operations, and i'll try running the map with no other mods but lingor and the required addons now.

Is there a hotfix for the sound issue or do we have to wait till the island update?

Hey Ice I have a question if I may, with the release of PMC and the new environment options and models etc. Does that mean that in a future update you can take advantage of these new elements? (I'm asking cos I honestly have no idea what these supposed new elements that came with PMC actually are or what they do and If they are usable for the communities addons)

Hi Ice. I've been a having a fantastic time mucking around with lingor in the editor. It really is a work of art.

One comment I will make is that when using ambient civilians (expansion) and ambient civ vehicles modules, it seems to spawn a quite large number of both civilians and cars - to the extent that it ends up having a quite negative effect on framerate. If I stay in a small town for a few minute there may eventually be as many as 20-30 civilians walking around. And a lot of cars. While it certainly adds to the realistic feel of the island, I find that it causes framerate drops from 40fps down to 20fps or less. It actually seems like the cars are having the most effect on framerate.

Is this a design decision or is it just coincidence that there is a higher rate of ambient civs/cars on this compared to any other map?

I tried these Modules in Maruka (capital city) is that the name, can't be bothered opening Arma2 to check right now - but I didnt see many civilians and only a few cars - wonder why you see a lot more. Will civilians actually drive the vehicles out of interest?

With OA Civi tend to jump in and drive randomly. It's rare to see but they do it. Though on a mass scale I wouldn't see it happen. Don't expect Time Square kinda traffic in Taki or Lingor :P Expect to see one or two trucks/vans/bikes every couple minutes or so XD

I tried these Modules in Maruka (capital city) is that the name, can't be bothered opening Arma2 to check right now - but I didnt see many civilians and only a few cars - wonder why you see a lot more. Will civilians actually drive the vehicles out of interest?

You'll actually see far more civilians in small towns rather than the big ones. Might be the higher concentration of enterable buildings in a small town.

Would be cool if Ice could configure a new Civvy module to work with his upcoming Lingor Civilians.