Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

If there was one thing I'd like to see improved in Lingor 1.1, I personally would like the grass to be lightened colourwise a touch. I feel at the moment that sometimes I'm running through someone's lawn, not a jungle.

Otherwise, fantabulous.

Installed everything inluding needed addons into one folder and all working no errors.

VERY nice island, cant wait to try some missions on this now.

Personally I prefer playing this map with 50 percent weather and using the color module, it makes such a difference, I added some long distant captures in the photo thread here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3594/lingor2.jpg

I have also now decided (as much as I love the sounds already) to create a ambient sound mod dedicated to this terrain, walking and surfaces plus more jungle ambience and water effects. Wont be right away but Im not completely happy with soundmods and this map at the moment, and I just need to do it now :)

Before you make a sound mod, you should check that you are really hearing the custom lingor sounds. If you have too many other islands loaded, you will only get the stock environmental sounds. I'm not sure which islands are causing the clash but lingor seems quite sensitive to other islands for some reason. The custom sounds are really impressive.

Yeah I have many islands loaded and I'm pretty sure I'm not hearing the environmental sounds. The problem is I dont have all the islands in mod folders...So it would be hard to eliminate the ones causing the problems.

Before you make a sound mod, you should check that you are really hearing the custom lingor sounds. If you have too many other islands loaded, you will only get the stock environmental sounds. I'm not sure which islands are causing the clash but lingor seems quite sensitive to other islands for some reason. The custom sounds are really impressive.

Ah yes, your right I can here them all and great at night too. But I have a sound I want in my head of the jungle that doesn't fit whats already on offer, and I want to try (and learn in process) a environment mod entirely based in this (walking, surfaces, boggy mud footsteps and much more alive).

And in no way playing down what this has at all, its great, i just want more!

Hi,

This is a Very good work Ice! Many thanks!

But this is my first report after few minutes exploration:

I launched the map in the editor 3 times:

first time: i took one man, an empty quad and empty UH1. I drove the Quad, after 1-2 min i stop to walk in jungle and next go back to the quad. But at the moment i get in: black screen, sound of the jungle is heard, but the game just froze => ctrl+alt+del : Arma OA doesn't respond

Second time: 1 man and the UH1 chopper, after many minutes flying, exploring a base at feet and new take-off, i want to check my map to see where i'm, and when i press the buttom to go back to the chopper view: new freeze at the "download screen". => ctrl+alt+....

third time: one man only, walk just few minutes and i left the game normally.

I use Lingor in a mod folder, but i have launched the game with a mod launcher: my Isla Duala modfolder (only files needed for this) and Hexagon (french units) modfolder (same: nothing else more).

I will try with Lingor folder mod only, but it would be pity to not be able to play with others units.

Congratulations anyway!

I have tried then with Lingor modfolder ONLY, 2 times;

First: little battle US/Marines against Russian/Taskistan (more than 50 guys and some vehicules)=> many times: no problem.

Second time, later: a new exploration by quad: freeze after checking the map.

So it's not a bug/conflict with other addons.

Well, Christmas IS here!!!:yay:

Icebreaker,You know I am a fan of your work, but this time,it's insane!

I was expecting it , to be as usual professsionally made,but I wasn't expecting the map to be so big, and especially so varied; a short exploration flight became an expedition; scenario possibilities seem endless on this one.

Once again,thank you for this new sandbox, for taking the game to a whole new world, and for all the work that clearly went into this one!!!:bounce3:

PS: I love the sound environment.+it seems I got lucky,no issues in sight for me.

Edited by jadehorus

Ah yes, your right I can here them all and great at night too. But I have a sound I want in my head of the jungle that doesn't fit whats already on offer, and I want to try (and learn in process) a environment mod entirely based in this (walking, surfaces, boggy mud footsteps and much more alive).

And in no way playing down what this has at all, its great, i just want more!

OK, all clear. Well, in that case, start editing ;) . Squelching footsteps in particular would be awesome.

Only one emoticon can sum it up..

:notworthy:

Thanks Ice for all of your hardwork

Haha XD I find the Woodland Mercs from the Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps units seem to fit almost perfectly + the Insurgents from the basic OpFor side also fit.

They work for a 'Stand In' Untill the units are released ^^ Atleast for me.

@Ice- The Island, WONDERFUL. Best Island to date. The Stock BIS Islands are trumped by it in my opinion ^^ This was well worth the wait. Thanks man :D

Absolutely freaking brilliant Ice. I was in midflight around the Island had to pause it and come and tell you what you did. Outstanding work.

Just downloaded from Armaholic, works like charm...beautiful island, I love the riddle (though I´m stuck at part V for now :) ) And the woodland mercs really fit in, Sigint :)

It's not working for me. I put all the required addons in and when I click the map in the editor it crashes to desktop

Tried it 4 times today, just placing a player and running around via editor. All 4 times, crashed. Simply went unresponsive.

Thought I would post this here.

Teaser for mission I'm making on Lingor. :D

vVzRpmhADMU

Watch in 1080p! The thumbnail is deceiving, there is no black borders.

Tried it 4 times today, just placing a player and running around via editor. All 4 times, crashed. Simply went unresponsive.

I had the same problem. It can be solved, when you save the mission after place your soldier, and then use the preview. works fine for me

Regards Intruder

Edited by Intruder_GER

I'm betting if people who are having crashes or freezing run the island alone without other mods, they might not get problems, separate your islands its essential if you get crashing or freezing. Putting Islands into the same folder is not advisable as I said before the clan I play with run lots of mods, and I soon discovered to keep Islands separate from one another.

I'm betting if people who are having crashes or freezing run the island alone without other mods, they might not get problems, separate your islands its essential if you get crashing or freezing. Putting Islands into the same folder is not advisable as I said before the clan I play with run lots of mods, and I soon discovered to keep Islands separate from one another.

Hi Bigpickle,

Read my post on the previous page, i have tried with several mods and next with Lingor mod ALONE, i have got freezing in both cases.

Regards

;)

It's not working for me. I put all the required addons in and when I click the map in the editor it crashes to desktop

Exactly the same for me,

I'm using @lingor only mod folder with all the required addons in the addon folder.

There is no apparent reason that I can find, so I'm going to re-download and start again.

Clean start, no beta's, no launcher and game up to date.

I've been having a huge amount of fun just sightseeing on this amazing island, haven't killed anyone yet, just a crocodile...

Anyway, I have definitely discovered 2 clashes with other islands (not in the same folder bigppickle :) ) :

Lingor + Panthera loaded at same time: no ground clutter

Lingor + Namalsk loaded at same time: no custom sounds

I get this using OA combined, regardless of patch or any other mods, so I don't think it's my setup. I launch the game using ArmaII Launcher 3.1.1

Other than this minor problem (I just made a custom lingor launcher) the whole thing is bloody incredible. Reminds me of a mixture of Far Cry and Far Cry 2, 2 of my favourite games prior to getting addicted to Arma2. I'm in awe of the hard work and attention to detail that has gone into it. As far as I'm concerned, IceBreakr is getting $10 (edit: actually, euro) via paypal, this map is easily up there with the best DLC.

Edited by tpw

I love your maps and this is no exception great work!

I get a weird error message though, when I am about to enter the map in the Editor I get this, Size 'sections/' not an array, any remedy for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for a great map!

CameronMcDonald: about the grass, I did the darker grass on request of couple of betatesters :) if its really a big prob I can lighten it a bit?

About the crashing: I believe its related to 1.55. Even I experienced couple when using 1.55 and never before that. A2 usually crashes when you run out of C: space, check that. It could be a number of reasons.

Raserisk: I did the best I could with the optimisations. Think of an upgrade, I myself too had to order a good ol' ATI 4890 to have satisfactory FPS in A2.

mrcash2009: nice effects, there are many possibilites to achieve a sexy atmosphere by just adjusting date/time and fog + weather module.

Units will be released shortly with Mig-21s for both GAL/ARL waring sides.

])rStrangelove, Gnome, tpw & others: thanks for your kind donations, really appreciate it.

CameronMcDonald: about the grass, I did the darker grass on request of couple of betatesters :) if its really a big prob I can lighten it a bit?

Yes please. Tropical grass is really vivid light green.

Tropical grass is really vivid light green.

this is such a ridiculous generalisation - there are over 3500 species of grass and you have decided that all tropical grasses are really vivid light green.