Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Hey Ice, you might be interested to know that there seems to be a bit of a conflict (not military) between Lingor Island 1.0 and Panthera 2.5.

If both of these islands are run together, then you get no ground clutter on Lingor = total lack of immersion.

I get this behaviour running OA CO 1.54, 1.55 or the latest beta, regardless of other mods.

I had no idea Islands could interfere with each other this way, but at least on my system they are. I hope you can reproduce this and if so, work out what causes it. Panthera is another favourite of mine :)

you need to @ modfolder your mods, especially the islands.

I'm part of a group the use a lot of mods on our server, e.g. I have all weapons in one @ folder, vehicles in another and so on, but I always keep Islands/Maps separate from each other because I've had conflicts before.

Hope that helps bud.

@Ice, Thank you bud for the brilliant Island and your modding friends who built the excellent units. You have all, as always extended ArmA's playability ten fold.

Thank you

Edited by Bigpickle

Any MP missions in the making, got an empty server ready and waiting.

Any MP missions in the making, got an empty server ready and waiting.

yer i am in the middle of one but it use the british dlc

Nice DLC is good ;)

hi thanks for the map but I have a little problem.

When I place unit as in this picture http://img522.imageshack.us/i/lingor1.png/ I stay blocked for a long time see picture http://img522.imageshack.us/i/lingor2.png/, the game is not responding. Furthermore, when I place a unit like this http://img534.imageshack.us/i/lingor3.png/ and I take a look to the map and I close it I got the same prob http://img522.imageshack.us/i/lingor2.png/.

Am I the only one to have that problem ?

Congratulations on the release. I won't get to test it until this evening, but I will put some hours into it.

Thanks for yours (and everyone involved) hard work.

Lingor is an absolutely beautiful island. But I'm getting the following error(s).

Cannot open object ibr\lingor_objects\brg_bush1.p3d

No entry 'bin\Config.bin/CfgModels.default'.

I believe this 2nd error is coming from the Predators cause when I removed them it went away, but the first error remained.

Also, where is the MiG-21 and Lingor units? I couldn't locate them in the editor or armory. :confused:

Brilliant bit of work here icebreaker. Perhaps the best community made island for a BIS game ever.

2 minor things though. Are there supposed to be trees in the middle of the bay at Calamar? And there seems to be a broken shadow lod on an object around the two timber ramps in the center of the race track.

Are there supposed to be trees in the middle of the bay at Calamar?

Same texture on the map as the swamps to the West, so I think it's meant to be more mangroves:

MangroveIslandWeb.jpg

Example on edge of built-up area, Shenzhen, China:

The-Mangrove-West-Coast-the-best-decoration-in-this-city-371761-2.jpg

For me the first time I try to play and addon like this. But after the loading screen my OA freezes and the loading screen with the trees and such looks like blocks. Dont know if I did the following steps correctly?

- Added the @lingor map into my Arma II folder

- Added folders @buildings, @africa, @plants(each folder contains an addon folder with 1 .PBO and a .BISIGN file.

- Load the addons with Arma II launcher

I also tried to put the .PBO and .BISIGN of the three required addons, into the addon folder of @lingor. Ran it with -mod=@lingor also. But it still freezes.

Do I miss an important addon or file?

My OA is patched to 1.55

Edited by W.[ ].R.R.e.L.

did you put a folder titled "AddOns" in the @lingor file, and then put all the pbo and bisigns in there? I think you still need to do that, rather then just throwing them straight into the @lingor file. The units arent out yet, right, because I can't find them in the editor.

Hopefully this doesn't get lost in the thread, but does this version of Lingor come with the units you spoke of awhile ago. You know, the rebels and government troops? I was really looking forward to them.

Man If I had $100 laying around I would totally donate it to you! :D

Edited by Enad

Installed everything inluding needed addons into one folder and all working no errors.

VERY nice island, cant wait to try some missions on this now.

Personally I prefer playing this map with 50 percent weather and using the color module, it makes such a difference, I added some long distant captures in the photo thread here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3594/lingor2.jpg

I have also now decided (as much as I love the sounds already) to create a ambient sound mod dedicated to this terrain, walking and surfaces plus more jungle ambience and water effects. Wont be right away but Im not completely happy with soundmods and this map at the moment, and I just need to do it now :)

Island looks fantastic Icebreakr, i'm going to do some more driving and flying around tonight :)

The units are not in this release guys. Read back 5 or so pages, you may also find the answer to the errors.

Hopefully this doesn't get lost in the thread, but does this version of Lingor come with the units you spoke of awhile ago. You know, the rebels and government troops? I was really looking forward to them.

Man If I had $100 laying around I would totally donate it to you! :D

AFAIK the release of the units has been slightly delayed or postponed.

kind regards

Noooo! Well as long as the units come out this week. I got this whole week off from work. :D

.R.R.e.L.;1794977']In the lingor zip file there was a map with @lingor. So I extracted @lingor to my Arma II folder. And I saw inside the @lingor map' date=' the addon map. And there I placed the .pbo and .bisign files.

Screenshot

[url']http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6056/naamloosrr.png[/url]

Please put the files into this folder system:

@Lingor/Addons/Files goes here

The "Addons" named folder is essential for it to work. The folder needs to be named Addons within the @mod folder. The first folder is for you to know what mod it is, and inside you have the "Addons" named folder so the game knows the files are in fact addons. Hope that makes sense. Sorry if you already have done that though. Just writing in haste. ;)

And cheers Ice for an im sure superb island!