Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

cool, I'm guessing say it would be like better textures in those areas, or maybe a clue that says be at point X, at X time so you see the sunrise or panoramic view or something like that?

This thread gave me will to play a bit with PS and some templates :

jungleo.th.jpg

Hopefully,I'll explore the map with these guys !

Cheers :yay: and good banana :p

that looks like a tiger stripe colour combination - is it real or custom skin? i like it.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

I'm wondering if there's a radio telescope anywhere on Lignor? You know they could use one!

hint* mondkalb's telescope hint* :D

Awesome, Lingor has been progressing into one pearl of an Island! Looking forward to the day I can go sightseeing. ;)

TomatoArden: I believe there are two. One in the research camp and the other on the highest mountain, near the highest airport (unpaved).

guyfawkestom: nice looking skin, where were you when I've been asking for help :)

Edited by IceBreakr

Ice, will all the towns have enterable buildings?

Edit: Great, thanks Pogoman

Edited by WallyJas

Berghoff: with big thanks to you for creating all the marvelous foliage ;)

WallyJas: sure. I hate towns that you can clear with infantry in minutes ;)

And:

Someone suggested in this thread the option for humans to use mud to cover themselves near water, so that the "slayers" can't see the humans? Charon has implemented such feature now when a human player gets in contact with water ;)

Other updates before the actual release of v1.0:

- mangroves done, coastal river areas

- dried up some water on SW part to form a "pantano" aka swamp

- added new roadsigns for major intersections so you don't get lost if you don't have a map/gps

- road fixes in central region to have a more smooth ride and less slopes on straight parts

- implemented a riddle that you can solve by checking out signs & text on the rock situated near at the Aeropuerto Maruko (it gets tougher by the end)

Edited by IceBreakr

where were you when I've been asking for help

Thanks, Guess I was Learning how to install A2. :D

But I would be afraid of the quality of my skins comparing to yours. However Fox'09 Help me a lot and gave me a bunch of advices to enhance my weak modding skills. Eventually (and Hopefully) I could propose you some help for your next map/universe !

Can't wait to start riddles... we like riddle, my precious...

And:

Someone suggested in this thread the option for humans to use mud to cover themselves near water, so that the "slayers" can't see the humans? Charon has implemented such feature now when a human player gets in contact with water ;)

:D you're welcome

- mangroves done, coastal river areas

- dried up some water on SW part to form a "pantano" aka swamp

now that is sexy - i will def use that in Island Thunder mission - the swampy bit.

and glad you're adding back some of the mangroves - they add so much to the waterways.

Update: the pre-release trailer is in production that will showcase all the stuff featured in the Lingor project.

BadBenson joined the project and contributed a new amazing "slayer". Charon again did an amazing coding with crazy features like putting mud all over yourself or for slayer player to climb a tree or two ;)

But enough of chit-chat, I'm busy wrapping this 5-6 month long project. And then... its all fun time for us, eh? ;)

Gawd. You're seriously killing me with this wait!!

Can't wait to start making missions on this island, its gonna be epic.

What units are going to be included again? Rebels, Government Army, anything else?

PeterGrozni and I did a final test of the map at 01:00am. 4 hours later (5am) I'm very pleased as only few bugs were found (and got squashed today!). I think my decision to wait with public beta and use internal tests only is cool, as you'll get a map that feels and looks complete - as v1.0.

Release: definitely in the upcoming few days.

PeterGrozni and I did a final test of the map at 01:00am. 4 hours later (5am) I'm very pleased as only few bugs were found (and got squashed today!). I think my decision to wait with public beta and use internal tests only is cool, as you'll get a map that feels and looks complete - as v1.0.

Release: definitely in the upcoming few days.

Wow! thank you and your team mates for your hard work !

Whats your specs Ice? And what FPS are you getting on the map post 1.55?

I have DualCore E6750, 4GB RAM, ATI Gigabyte Radeon 4890. I use 1280x1024 res on my 19" (or 1280x720 on 42" HDTV) and with high detail I get from 25-60 fps on 2km+ distance.

Release it asap! I got a whole week off from work next week! :D

Icebreakr,

I think you said this at some point, but my search skills aren't bringing it up (w/ all the "I want" spam)...

"Where" in the world is this island? I mean what latitude (and/or longitude). Just curious. Looking forward to the release.