Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Lingor looks great! We're really looking forward to giving it a try. IceBreakr always makes such beautiful islands.

I really hope someone makes a Warfare BE & Oden Warfare for Lingor once it comes out. Another great island to capture!

^_^,v,,

If it isn't Arnie I'll be sorely dissapointed

:cool:

Lol, if it is Arnie you can even use P85 Special Forces for the rest of his team. :D

Lol, if it is Arnie you can even use P85 Special Forces for the rest of his team. :D

"This minister ... does he likes to travel on the wrong side of the border?"

:D

Apparently, they strayed off course. With the topic :P

Quick update:

- I've been unable to reach UGAF C/O so the Lingor Powershow (opening ceremony) will have to be postponed (we didn't even complete the final dry run yet, planned for previous week). I dunno if I want to release the project without the MP event. What are your thoughts?

- satellite image is done along with all 5 runways visible even from long distances away

- two of the runways are unpaved now (W island and Aeropuerto Peligron) and are quite challenging for the pilots

- custom roadsigns marking biggest towns are set on the crossroads and there's bunch of roadside posters for entertaining purposes - you'll have a laugh or two, I promise.

- built a racetrack Rommelo Raceway (brand new asphalt), tested racing with various vehicles and it proved to be a great fun

- racetrack complex is situated in the close vicinity of airport in capital Maruko and features two jump ramps in the middle for stunt shows

- Charon made the multiplayer fixes so the "slayers" now work fluently in the MP environment and as AI are able to stalk human/other AI civs & soldiers. They also have a nifty transportation vehicle (that humans cannot fly) with devastating weaponry onboard

- wld247's Mig-21s are ready in two configurations (CAP & A-G Attack) and in three skins (Rebel ARL, government GAL & airshow)

- Venator PMCs got brand new vests sewn together by IceWindo

- government got new uniforms for police & specops guys sewn together by Vilas

- suprise unit needs an hour or two additional work

- there is already an Insurgency mission made for it by pogoman979

Thats it for now. Release? I'll let you know.

7083670_CanvasPosterize-Snatch-CousinAvi100.jpg

"Well, this sounds promising. What are we waiting for ?" :p

I'm not sure that I could run the Island, but the units will be MUCH welcome.

Can't wait to see the Vilas government units and the PMCs... :yay:

" ...so if I am not rushing you..." :D

Seriously, I think everybody here is grown enough to wait ;)

We are big boys, aren't we ?

Wow this sounds like it is gonna be great, even beter than what I had thought.:eek::eek:

Release at the time you feel most appropriate my man!!

Thanks for the update and the hard work icebreakr. I'd say wait for the mp event before releasing;)

Hi Icebreakr,

this work looks awesome!

i'm sorry if my question seems stupid but, Will this island and units be compatible with Isla Duala? i mean will i can install them in the same folder without problem or bug? (I remember some troubles with Duala and panthera if i'm right)

Thanks

@ guyfakestom

I'm not sure that I could run the Island, but the units will be MUCH welcome.

if you can run Arma2 then i guarantee you can run this - the only thing i have tweaked in testing is object detail from very high back to high. i see no loss in visuals but my fps never drop below 33 and run as high as 60.

incredibly smooth and stunningly beautiful landscape.

... and remember that Lightspeed_aust is using a week old version build :P

Is the Mp event for public or only for specific peoples?

If its a closed event id say release the island now, if not Release at the Mp event would be cool also:)

- there is already an Insurgency mission made for it by pogoman979

Oh you bastard, you're such a teaser you know that? Anyway - excellent news! :D

I say get it out the sooner the better. Mp launch events and the like sound fun (and if it does happen im sure I'm gonna make an effort to be there) but really only affect a small part of the community when the majority can benefit from an earlier launch: the sooner it gets out the quicker missions get made, the more fun for everyone

f*** that's bad for the powershow i think G-man is away and busy with the UGAF server problem

im also working heavily on a SP/COOP campaign for this - 8 missions a co7 and co14 version (for Icebreakr) which is built to run on dedicated server too.

and im so lucky to get early version - i look forward to coming home from work each night just to get back to Lingor.

I say get it out the sooner the better. Mp launch events and the like sound fun (and if it does happen im sure I'm gonna make an effort to be there) but really only affect a small part of the community when the majority can benefit from an earlier launch: the sooner it gets out the quicker missions get made, the more fun for everyone

Fully agree.

BTW: Ice your maps are masterpiece! :)

Quick update:

... I dunno if I want to release the project without the MP event. What are your thoughts? ...

IceBreakr, please release your baby. I cannot wait any longer.

I totally agree to this statement.

I am perfectly happy to wait for the Predator and the MiG-21, because they are just a part of the "Lingor Experience"

But a MP Event? Seriously? Only a handfull of people is gonna play that.

if you can run Arma2 then i guarantee you can run this - the only thing i have tweaked in testing is object detail from very high back to high. i see no loss in visuals but my fps never drop below 33 and run as high as 60.
... and remember that Lightspeed_aust is using a week old version build :P

I really wish that you are right ! Anyway, sur I'll enjoy the "green hell" of lingor...

Release it to the masses. I don't know how important the MP Event is to you but certainly they can be done in the future and probably in greater quality.