Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

River is not nearly done (there's already a new texture not visible in these shots above). Here's one more "Rainy Jungle" shot by PeterGrozni:

lingor_pg1s.jpg

Full size

Looks amazing Ice!!

Just noticing..On the top of this page, the first screenshot...The green ground texture looks really...Un-Natural...Could you swap that out for some sort of muddy texture? Would look alot better in my opinion. Still looks awesome though! :D

Enad: the entire grassy part you want mud? :) texture is not final, there will be massive changes (all hand photoshop work).

Great work IceBreakr, I'm really looking forward to this. :)

Great work IceBreakr, I'm really looking forward to this. :)

+1

I can't wait to see McNool's Tier 1 dropping into this jungle habitat ;)

(a bit off topic, but I hope you're planning some jungle/tiger stripe camo for the tier 1 guys ;) )

Looks amazing Ice!!

Just noticing..On the top of this page, the first screenshot...The green ground texture looks really...Un-Natural...Could you swap that out for some sort of muddy texture? Would look alot better in my opinion. Still looks awesome though! :D

Oh Enad, just noticed yeah. It supposed to be mud really. Already fixed it in internal v0.92 ;)

Oh Enad, just noticed yeah. It supposed to be mud really. Already fixed it in internal v0.92 ;)

Oh cool! Glad I reminded you. :P

Great work once again.

there a way with some vehicles in the mud to get bogged down and stuck via scripts?

No need for scripts, I already have mud on map where vehicles will get stuck and you'll have to leave them there ;)

Totally awesome!

Are there any proper marshes or swamps. Shallow water bodys with lots of undergrowth. That would be AWESOME. And with the snake addon. :o

EPIC!

No need for scripts, I already have mud on map where vehicles will get stuck and you'll have to leave them there ;)

That...Is fuckin awesome. :D

Has anyone given you any help about implementing those attributes you wanted, to the Predators, Icebreakr?

Edited by Sky999

Lookin awsome so far, like a paradise :) Only missing a nice vacation like beach with palms hangin over and maybe a bamboo cocktailbar where one can enjoy the sunset ^^

Quick question, will there be any white beaches?

Another good idea! :)

River surrounding Lingor will be Amazonish-brown coloured. So I guess its not a good example of paradise ;)

Sky999: I've recieved no help with cloaking/model/etc. of slayer unit so far

Enad: swamps... hmm, not really, but vehicles will have very hard time moving through the mud (near river & couple of areas inland).

SiC-Disaster: there will be couple of beaches with umbellas near river (I've heard the most beautiful are on NW and also couple far south, but very remote since rebels control that region). At least water are safe until Croc/Bullshark addon doesn't appear ;)

I'm also very sceptic when it comes to clutter aka grass. A2 (Chernarus) grass goes through the test with 27 fps while the new OA one only 21 (quite hard on CPU), but it looks very nice. I think I'll go with something in between ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

How does this run in comparison to Isla Duala.

In ArmA 2 I could run Duala with 60 FPS Stable. I just tried it in OA and I get 25-40 FPS. :(

Hopefully Lingor runs alright.

Sky999: I've recieved no help with cloaking/model/etc. of slayer unit so far

That makes me a sad panda....

Come on guys, surely someone can help Icebreakr!?

Don't worry Sky999, lets focus on mil-sim instead of scifi ;) although I admit, both can be fun in A2 ;)

Third beta will be tested tonight with my team. Mondkalb you're welcome again to join us ;)

Hopefully I can soon release a new public beta.

:yay:

I cant wait to see all the improvements! I spent a good chunk of my night going through this topic, and gushing about all the cool stuff over skype to my teammates. The screenshots are simply amazing, I'm all kinds of excited to get a hold of this map.

I want a jungle for me and my clan :bounce3:

ice breaker be a good person and make tutorials on youtube

or also can you make a test map to , like darkxes and then i have multiple options to learn fast

hey how much time tdo you spend making a islan d , because i will have to make like 10 maps lol

Edited by deltaGhost