Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

how big is lingor going to be? i've longed for a 20x20 or so maps ' date=' and i remember you sizing up the map earlier,[/quote']

If your looking for a good sized map, look for palekh when it comes out. It's 20 x 20 and is located in russia just NE of Moscow if I remember correctly. Try and google it on google maps (look for "palekh region"). From the pics I saw at flashpoint.ru it's loaded with rivers, swamps, forests, plains, and towns.

Thanks for your current maps Icebreakr, really looking forward to this one!

Edited by stubs

I had too much time at work today so I thought about equipment for the Lingor Armed Forces. I tried to keep it simple and use as many existing models as possible, so not much work has to be done. Here my suggestions:

Black = already in Arma2 or Operation Arrowhead

Blue = already in A2 or OA and retexture necessary

Green = model existing in A1, retexture necessary

Red = complete new model needed

Police Forces

Cars:

- Landrover

- Hilux

- S1203 Bus

Small arms:

- Revolver

- M1911

- MP5

- UZI

- M14/M21

Army

Tanks/APCs:

- M60 (an good addon for A1 exists, maybe retexture is possible)

- M113

- M163 Vulcan

Cars/Trucks:

- M939 Truck (transport, repair, fuel and ammunition)

- Landrover (unarmed and with M2HB)

- Hilux

Small arms:

- M1911

- MP5 (for crews)

- Remington 870

- M21

- FN FAL

- FN Mag

- M2HB

- Carl Gustav recoilless rifle

- M47 Dragon

- FIM-92 Stinger

Airforce

- UH-1H

- UH-1H Gunship

- L-39ZA

- C-47

Navy:

- RHIB

- CRRC

Anyhow these are all just suggestions, do whatever you like to do! ;)

whats wrong with the BI M14s? RH made a pack with them, which includes the M21

whats wrong with the BI M14s? RH made a pack with them' date=' which includes the M21[/quote']

I was thinking of one without the aimpoint, that's all. :D

Of course other addons like RHs M14s should be used, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Current units w/ weapons in MP campaign & unit configs:

Tayzoon Rebels (OPFOR): Leaders prefer to use Uzi while their soldiers are armed with AK47M, FN Fal and PKs. Usually they use RPG7s and Strelas. Lee Enfield is commonly used for sniping.

Lingor Army (BLUFOR): Most of the guys are armed with M4A1 and leaders usually carry M16A2+M203. There's still bunch of old M16A2s around and M60s as support MGs. Town security is provided with MP5A5 and glock17s. Couple of guys were issued M79s for bunker clearing. RPGs are also used by Lingor Army. Snipers use M14s.

Venator Mercs (INDEP): ^usally same as above as Lingor's black market is poorly equiped^

Photo:

venator_pmc.jpg

Credits: IceWindo, BIS (A1)

Other weapons are hard to come by around here.

Edited by IceBreakr

Looks sweet! Maybe some sort of vest and ammo pouches?

I asked IceWindo for help (ammo pouches, vest). There's a lovely "merc-looking" unit in OA, but their heads don't change (fixed one, special character), so useless.

venator_pmc.jpg

At first glance, I thought they were rebels. Are you sure you can't make them look more like this? By Private Military Contractors I thought you meant something more like BlackWater.

rypbagdad_2.jpg

Pouches and Raybans, got it =)

That's great. :)

So are these PMC from a South American style company or a North American style company? Whatever it is, make sure you use the correct faces to reflect the countries they come from etc...

It would look good if they had different coloured T shirts as well. Red, blue, green and white.

rypbagdad_2.jpg

Like in the picture I posted, it makes it look more realistic. PMCs tend not to have a specific uniform, they have certain identical gear packs etc... but the clothes are custom for the individual. So some diversity wouldn't go a miss for the PMCs. Take that onboard. ;)

I asked IceWindo for help (ammo pouches, vest). There's a lovely "merc-looking" unit in OA, but their heads don't change (fixed one, special character), so useless.

Actually, if your'e talking about the Graves (light)-model, the heads changes fine. :) That specific head is decided in the config, and not the model itself!

(the same goes for those other models, I guess)

I use the Graves (light)-model in my Tier One-pack myself. :)

I think Ice is talking about one of those civilians(Special), one of the guys looks alot like a PMC.

+1 to what Sky999 says.

McNools: tnx for the tip.

Edit: not working, Harris face is hardcoded (no osobnost defined in p3d?). Guess my mercs will be called "Army of Ze Clones" :)

Edited by IceBreakr

Good news guys. We've completed the 2nd MP test yesterday. Eastern 1/3 part of map is done with crazy cool settlements and roads. Expect a bit of good ol' South Sahrani feel ;) I'll post couple of shots later today.

FPS were always high above 25 on an average PC with high detail settings and average resolution. So that is good. Public beta is being prepared and will be launched when all settlements and other important landmarks are done.

Mondkalb: thanks for testing and playing coop with us, einfach super ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

No problem :) I'm preparing the release for the buildings, it should be out this weekend.

A high-quality jungle map is just what this game needs, can't wait for lingor!

I'll try to do a quick warfare port to Lingor and host it on our server soon after beta release.

Tired of deserts, inc. the announcement of another one in UK DLC?

lingor01s.jpg lingor02s.jpg lingor03s.jpg lingor04s.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

It's so beautiful, so much that some of those "screenshot's" almost look like photos. Just amazing work as usual IceBreakr.

It's a shame no one ever got in contact with you about 'Dangerous Animals'. I can just see Crocodiles swimming around in those rivers! I love the aiport! I'm already imagining a raid on a drug smuggling cargo plane! :D

Ah, t'is now complete:

One could make an excellent Ghost Recon 1 remake including all it's addons: Russia, Africa and the jungle.

I'll have to thank Aeneas for his foresight to create jungle versions of his Dutch Army units before i even think this was announced ^^