Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

IceBreakr, I'm just asking you, is this arma 2 or is it predators? :D

It's both now. :D :yay: :yay: :yay:

Adding a 'skinning' element to them would be insane! (The good kind).

Edited by Sky999

- cloaked version that is barely visible to the naked eye

- random/ambient growls and voices in 50m away from the placed Slayer unit

- ability to run faster and hit enemy with hands/spear (new weapon)

- laser tracers and red laser pointing device visible to naked eye and NVG

Those would be AWESOME if implemented.

From hearign those lazer guns on your mutated Molotian soldier, it sounds really cheesy.

I really hope someone helps you out with those things, that would be EPIC for jungle missions. :D :D :D

@IceBreakr do you plan on adding paramilitaries to the independent side? it would give it that civil war fill.

Not really. So far: Tayzoon Rebels controlling SW part, Merc-PSD unit, Slayers. Government soldiers are not done yet (texture).

Not really. So far: Tayzoon Rebels controlling SW part, Merc-PSD unit, Slayers. Government soldiers are not done yet (texture).

So what race have you made these Tayzoon Rebels, IceBreakr?

Are they South American indian? Mestizo?

Also PSD? What does that stand for?

Nice work IceBreak, happy to see your forest growing well!

If you need help or have ideas that could be implemented into World Tools for enhancing your island feel free to ask ;)

Waiting for Lingor release now! :)

Ehh... we postponed testing today. It seems new clutter crashes binaziration of the map and breaks up when map loads... fun fun.

Sky999: rebels are random folks, mostly latino looking ;)

PSD = private security detail, contractors :)

how big is lingor going to be? i've longed for a 20x20 or so maps , and i remember you sizing up the map earlier,

Fox '09: its 10x10km, more than enough for jungle.

We managed to overcome CTD problems and tested the map in MP for half an hour. Plays nicely without any fps slowdowns. New shots:

lintest1s.jpg lintest2s.jpg lintest3s.jpg

Looks fucking great! Can't wait for this!!

Is that plane a set piece or is that purely placed for that screen shot? Either way....so atmospheric. :D

The rebels look great too! I'm really glad to see some South American looking units!

It can be set via mission editor, look under Empty>Objects>Wrecks ;)

Thanks, boonie hats will have the same camo as uniforms. I would like to thank IceWindo for his work on the unit models and BIS for supplying A1 content.

It can be set via mission editor, look under Empty>Objects>Wrecks ;)

Thanks, boonie hats will have the same camo as uniforms. I would like to thank IceWindo for his work on the unit models and BIS for supplying A1 content.

No I realise that, but I was wondering if it's actually part of the map, like you've placed it and then it is always there. I thought it was a sort of landmark. =)

Edited by Sky999

That would be cool if it was there on the map by default. Just kinda adds to the atmosphere without having to add it yourself. :)

Nah... I don't think so.

It limits the freedom of the mission maker and kind of dictates where he has to set his mission. I'd appreciate if you kept the island rid of anything exactly dateable, so the Island can be used in WW2 Scenarios as well as in something more recent, or even, with your strange slayers, in some kind of future thingie.

w00T...great stuff men...we need definitly more jungle maps,im happy:D

Nah... I don't think so.

It limits the freedom of the mission maker and kind of dictates where he has to set his mission. I'd appreciate if you kept the island rid of anything exactly dateable, so the Island can be used in WW2 Scenarios as well as in something more recent, or even, with your strange slayers, in some kind of future thingie.

I agree with this. One thing I don't like about central Takistan is the fact that it has this defensive line you can't get rid of, it's best to leave it up to the mission maker to place Editor objects.

I agree with this. One thing I don't like about central Takistan is the fact that it has this defensive line you can't get rid of, it's best to leave it up to the mission maker to place Editor objects.

Sometimes it's nice to have them there so you don't have to spend the time doing it your self. Plus the bunkers on that defensive line have positions the AI can move into via waypoint. Editor placed bunkers/objects don't have positions.