Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Fox '09: I think AI just loves shooting through fallen forest trees? Berghoff, how is that handled? ;)

Hmm, trees that fall they become like ghost trees. Maybe it is intentional by BIS for the AI, nothing I can do about it.

Yeah, trees that have fallen over (run over by tanks/vehicles/Godzilla or knocked down by fire) seem to lose their fire geo LOD. Hence you can shoot (and run) through 'em.

tried 0.1 with new version of the err,, vegetation mod, but the trees are floating..

M0WbJ.jpg

runs great though

Yeah, 0.1 is broken when using latest berghoff package. You'll have to wait for v0.9, its like totally changed island - i'll be back from vacation in a week ;)

Returned today for the vacation. Head is filled up with new ideas, notebook with sketches, vegetation reference photos done on a beautiful island ;) returning to Lingor project tommorow =)

Sweet. Glad you're back! Hope your vacation was nice!!

Glad to hear you got some inspiration while on vacation, sure hope it was a nice place. :)

Can't wait to get the new moar optimized version, put fog to full and enjoy the FPS :p

There is still hope that we can get some hot Amazones !! Hope you have all the details in your sketches and pictures... :D

Well its been a nice place to gain new strengths and also a bit inspirational (island wink,wink) - took over 1000 shots, also focusing on vegetation, town structures and nature creations ;)

Somehow agency f*cked up and I didn't get nor Tassos, nor Samos and nor any other Greek island. I only had 9 days so I've selected island of Vis, Croatia:

visicetrip.jpg

To quickly return to topic - Mondkalb is helping with the Lingor project - here's a preview of his work - new buildings for main town (mind its still WIP):

stavbe.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

That first picture reminds me of the town Esponia(I think that's what it was) from Sahrani. :)

Any ways, those new buildings are looking good. Gotta love custom objects, just helps make the map one of a kind.

If this map is seriously that NON-FPS hungry as you say Icebreakr...You need to get a medal or something...an award.. :D

It looks great. Exactly what animal is that on the side of the yellow house? Also, will the antennas on the rooftops be given a more metallic or even black texture? The only reason I ask is in the current state they kind of look like wood. :p

*Edit*

Is the animal a hedgehog?

hedgehog.jpg

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
Grammatical Errors

It's a well know fact all people on the Island of Lingor use wood antennas. Duh.

Edited by Enad

It looks great. Exactly what animal is that on the side of the yellow house?

Looks like an armadillo to me.

I thought it was related to Mondkalb, but then I remembered what that means.

Mooncalf was a term formerly ascribed to the abortive fetus of a cow or other farm animal, and also occasionally to that of a human.

:P

Antenna's will be "adjusted". Thanks for the feedback. :)

And to what kind of animal that is... well... it should now all be very obvious.

I thought putting in a little author's note, some kind of easter egg, wouldn't hurt, as it is quite common around that area to paint uncovered house sides with ads or little pictures.

I guess I'll have to hide these little picks more carefully now.

WIP:

lingorslayers.jpg

As storyline in first post says a thing about „hunters from afar“, I will supply Slayers with the map. They are armed with pulse laser rifle (not too powerful, similiar to human weapons), their blood is fluroscent/green and their armor suit can take up to 1 clip of 7,62x39 ammo. So they are pretty tough, but since they come to Lingor to hunt in their basic light equipment, they rely on hunting in groups of 3-6. It is known that entire patrol squads dissapeared in the jungles of Lingor...

Do NOT post any requests on functionality as I don't have time to incorporate anything else ;) but PM me if you can do:

- cloaked version that is barely visible to the naked eye

- random/ambient growls and voices in 50m away from the placed Slayer unit

- ability to run faster and hit enemy with hands/spear (new weapon)

- laser tracers and red laser pointing device visible to naked eye and NVG

Beta version of island is still in production, but severe optimizations were made so jungle is playable with 30+ fps even on average PC (8800GT 512mb, 2,8Ghz, 3GB ram) with high shadows, low postprocess, normal antialias, 1280x1024.

Edited by IceBreakr

WIP:

lingorslayers.jpg

As storyline in first post says a thing about „hunters from afar“, I will supply Slayers with the map. They are armed with pulse laser rifle (not too powerful, similiar to human weapons), their blood is fluroscent/green and their armor suit can take up to 1 clip of 7,62x39 ammo. So they are pretty tough, but since they come to Lingor to hunt in their basic light equipment, they rely on hunting in groups of 3-6. It is known that entire patrol squads dissapeared in the jungles of Lingor...

Do NOT post any requests on functionality as I don't have time to incorporate anything else ;) but PM me if you can do:

- cloaked version that is barely visible to the naked eye

- random/ambient growls and voices in 50m away from the placed Slayer unit

- ability to run faster and hit enemy with hands/spear (new weapon)

- laser tracers and red laser pointing device visible to naked eye and NVG

Beta version of island is still in production, but severe optimizations were made so jungle is playable with 30+ fps even on average PC (8800GT 512mb, 2,8Ghz, 3GB ram) with high shadows, low postprocess, normal antialias, 1280x1024.

Oh...My...sweet....:jesus:...

...add crocodiles :D ....do it. ;)

If someone knows how to add "agressive" animals to the default map (script, without using module?) lemme know and I'll think of something. JLF gave me permission for his snakes, but I guess any mission maker can use them on their own.

One more thing: MP Coop Campaign "Jungle Heat" will be added to the island so you will be able to explore it with your friends online.

Edited by IceBreakr

IceBreakr, I'm just asking you, is this arma 2 or is it predators? :D