Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Good for a WIP version. Like Enad said, FPS is low, but that's probably due to it being a WIP. The Jungles are not very thick and the island isn't big so I can't see what is causing the FPS problem.

the Jungles are not very thick and the island isn't big so I can't see what is causing the FPS problem.

Yeah that's what is confusing me. Razorienya(How ever its spelled) is MUCH thicker than this and I get better FPS. Could it be on Berghoff's part? Maybe he needs to do some optimizations on his new plants(Which are awesome..)

I do wish the island was bigger, but that would only further cause FPS issues. :(

But hopefully even on this small map we can have some awesome jungle scenarios! :D

Yeah, Razoreniya also ran better on my system. I'm just thinking it is because of Lingor being a WIP and hasn't been properly optimized yet, that or what you said about Bergoffs trees.

Guys, *AGAIN*: its early WIP v0.1. 3/4 of the island is not even done yet. Most of the new plants don't even have LODs. This v0.1 will be useful for Berghoff to optimise new plants. I'm leaving for a short vacation, please post ideas and comments on what you would like to see.

I tried your lingor map,but the trees are not there. I get the can't open brg_coconutpalm8.p3d, brg_jungle_tree_canopy_1.p3d, brg_banana_2.p3d? What must I install for this map to have all the required vegetation to appear?

Edited by bigstone

you probably need duala mate

Some stuff on the mountain would be cool.. like a small airfield/heli pad. I know the map is small but two airports would be good to have, one per side

How about some thin rivers deep in the jungle just deep enough to walk through, with steep banks perfect for ambushing or being ambushed.

I tried your lingor map,but the trees are not there. I get the can't open brg_coconutpalm8.p3d, brg_jungle_tree_canopy_1.p3d, brg_banana_2.p3d? What must I install for this map to have all the required vegetation to appear?

You have Duala v1.6, right? Its in @duala folder, be sure to replace the old brg_africa.pbo and .bisgn with new one packed in Lingor 7zip. It will work then.

Briefings are currently non-English. This might help:

Molatians invaded the island and Lingor government asked our specops unit do get rid of that threat:

Mission 1: respond to rebel attack on Bus. Secure marked sector (red circle) and eliminate all rebels.

Mission 2: enemy ship landed on NW with tanks. They are approaching Town of Stucco. Problem: all our AT weapons are stored in Stucco depot.

Mission 3: captured Molatian soldier draw three of their camp locations on the map. Positions are not exact, but close. Eliminate all enemies (200m around camp) to secure the Lingor jungle.

Looking great Ice. :)

About FPS drop i think i can see form screens the Cherna grass wich on my own PC laggs me big time. For those with FPS drop just test turn the grass off and see if it does anything. Anyway i havent tested the island yet and will give it a go tonight if i find the time.

Thanks Ice.

Check if some other version of brg_aftrica.pbo is loaded. For me, I had recently installed OldBear's Tropica, and that also included the file. I've since moved them out of the addon directories and added an extra @berghoff mod folder where I keep the latest version. That seems to work for me.

Great work by the way Ice, the island looks great. FPS is low right now, but I can see that the plants are missing lod's.

I bet the FPS issues will be fixed when it's final.

But please don't remove that awesome looking grass! It's great looking!

Use some of that REALLY tall grass from berghoffs new pack in the more built up dense areas, places where there wont be alot of action, just for scenery basically.

Edited by Enad

Yup i'm liking the grass and its length, few more dense jungle area's and jobs a good'n for me. nice work Ice.

thanks for the map :)

I can't see the map an the missions with all the addons, I am the only one ?

Edited by panda123

Maybe the FPS isnt (just) vegetation.

Example: Spritz Island, I was testing it, it hasn't got a lot of objects and its not a huge terrain ...... yet the FPS is much lower than I would have expected.

I was thinking it might be some conflicting config settings, or high density grid, or maybe just clutter types ....... not sure.

This map hurts bad, wrt to FPS. Very bad. Worse than Razoreniya, which I can run quite respectably. It seemed to me that the vegetation wasn't very dense, certainly not as dense as the former's, which leads me to conclude, like [APS]Gnat, that it's probably some dodgy inner workings.

Oh, and Ice - please have your island menu missions use no addons. Shits me that everytime I quit to main I get rahjed with an error that I don't have Jade Groove installed.

Guys, *AGAIN*: its early WIP v0.1. 3/4 of the island is not even done yet. Most of the new plants don't even have LODs. This v0.1 will be useful for Berghoff to optimise new plants. I'm leaving for a short vacation, please post ideas and comments on what you would like to see.

I don't think he has even finished optimising it yet, could be why.

I'm guessing the bad FPS is because the island is not completed, so i will not go on about that. For the bits of the island that are done it looks very good, the jungle is pretty and the buildings are good as they were on Isla Duala.

Definetely want to see this released, great work.

*AGAIN*: its early WIP v0.1. 3/4 of the island is not even done yet. Most of the new plants don't even have LODs. This v0.1 will be useful for Berghoff to optimise new plants. I'm leaving for a short vacation, please post ideas and comments on what you would like to see.

@Militantsausage maybe read the topic in the future, it a 0.1 version yes the FPS will be bad.

By the looks of it this Island will be another awesome addition to my islands mod folder.

I would really like to see lower riverbanks and more vegetation around the rivers, a little mangroove style. it would be a waste to see all those rivers and no midnight pbx insertions :)

First off..

InsertBrachiosaurusHere.jpg

That was my first thought after landing my helicopter in a clearing and looking at those trees, which didnt look as tall when I was exploring in the chopper. Its v.1 so I suppose I shouldnt have expected it to look much different, but the waters edges are very steep when I was expecting low shrub covered shores, this is supposed to be amazonian yes? the Jungle wasnt dense in terms of underbrush and but I expect thats because its very early version. I didnt have any FPS problems nor do I have them on Razoreniya, the jungles on that are pretty damn good, very dense and varied tree sizes. Other than that it looks well underway, hell its way more than I can do, cant even make a damn map in vistor(working on it though).

The best part I think though, is that even in its unfinished state it feels unique and different than all my other maps. I wouldnt mind a v.2 with just the trees fully complete (no underbrush) and just have two versions of the map for different feel.

Edited by Calthazar