Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Love your work so far mate!

Cant wait for this!!

(Fingers crossed my PC will handle it)

Currently I'm working on road networks, realistic towns and farms. Biggest optimisation will have to be done by Berghoff with jungle tree/bush vegetation LODs, hopefully he'll have time to finish 'em.

I case I'll be done with the island before that, I will replace jungle vegetation with "temperate", it will be okay for beta.

Perhaps the towns would look a bit like Haiti? narrow roads etc.. rooftops that touch..

I hope you use A1 buildings or something, I really dislike European buildings in tropical climates :D

those shacks you used in duala should be there imo

think you should look to south america a bit for ideas imho, seems to suit what your after pretty well. also lots of possiblities for conflicts there :)

Yeah I would reference Brazil or some other South American country for this island.

I hope it's awesome! I really want a proper Jungle map!! :)

Good luck again! We need some screenz.

Take your time with this. We can wait fro Berghoff to do the plant stuff. :P

Don't worry guys, I have a 3D model help with one very talented guy. Of course I take reference shots from S. America ;)

And I also got a lot of info from UK Soldier books, they have a lot of training in the jungle.

was just thinking about it.. how about a mansion w/ a helicopter pad? it would be on the cliff side... DEA busts :)

there must be some money in lingor..

So are you thinking about making new factions for this Island? Government and Rebels?

My advice to you:

- Base the people of the South American people. Have them be the race of Fidel Castro. Give the rebels red berets etc...

Like these people, not sure what race you would call them. The rebels would look like this, with officers having a red beret and a red armband maybe? :D

colombia_farc-rebels-march-in-la-macarenapreview.jpg

- Have communist symbols spray painted on buildings to give a sense of political upheaval on the Island.

- You could have a drug farm/cartel base somewhere in the jungle.

- Add a Huey to the download files, it would give a definate South American feel to the place.

- Add dangerous snakes to the download files.

- Add a cave maybe?

- Add a dictator to it, he could be dressed like a General in ARMA2, only in White instead.

The possibilities are endless!!!

Edited by Sky999

So are you thinking about making new factions for this Island? Government and Rebels?

If someone would make African Government or Rebel Forces, 90's style, i would ne happy to help with textures.

Devil Dogs SF: Roger that.

Dosenmais: rebels are already done for this project. But you can still send me PM with couple of idea-shots ;)

seeing those photos. perfectly it can be some zone of the borders of Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil :D, I speak of the amazon.

This island+Jungle scenario+Shitty weather+Max fog = win :p

Lets discuss the units. IceWindo (kudos man!) gave me cool A1 resistance rebels so we even have boonie hats for humid and rainy jungle operations. I got couple of offers:

- one talented guy is creating new houses for Lingor towns

- two guys are willing to help me out with custom unit equipment

At first I wanted to use just reskins of my previous unit packs, but I see I can (with help of community) put together something much more complex and exciting.

I still linger (heh) when it comes to picking camos for soldiers. So far ideas are:

BLUFOR LINGO (government) troops: jungle marpat, something similiar to what Colombian army uses, mostly US weaponry.

pixelado.jpg

OPFOR ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor)

camo similiar to FARC or maybe Tamil Tigers, mostly armed with fn fals and rpgs.

farc_guerrillas.jpg

thumbnail.php?file=tamiltigers_379101595.jpg&size=article_medium

ice once again if you want textures or custom gear textures doing just hit me up. As for jungle patterns you can't go wrong with a bit of French lizard for that old school feel.

My vote goes for the Tamil Tigers camo...

if your interested im puting together a bit of a bluefor jungle pack. with some troops with pasgt helmet, 80's/90's US vests/webbing and oldish cams. also have several vehicles im working on (mainly reskins atm)

heres a quick peak at one (M113) only early work on it so far. but you can get an idea where im going with it, simple camo, lots of dirt, mud and looks like its gone tearing through the jungle lol.

buldozer201006120125161.png

buldozer201006120125261.th.png

anyway thats just one thing im working on lol, and dont worry aeneas, the kct are still coming along nicely :P

Cheers

Rhodesy

sounds great, I would also like to them in french lizard camo, and for the government or on the independent side i think it would be nice to add right wing paramilitaries. I think that would be great and give it that south american civil war fill plus make things interesting for mission makers

Edited by esco7800

Rhodesy77 wow, mud looks pretty authentic :) keep it up. I would be glad to use it for government troops. Also please continue with government soldier, WIP looked great. At first I wanted to use my Afrenian army (reskin, A2 models) but I guess you can pull that off a lot better with custom model :) Aeneas - maybe I'll need a help with new government/rebel camos, I'll let you know, thanks!

Before I pick camos I need to finish the textures of the island, so camo will blend in well into the environment.

Any chance for swamp with thick vegetation?And some hidden guerrilla camps in flooded area.

Edited by Dreadlee

This just keeps getting better and better.

I seriously CAN'T wait to see the units for this map, they sound soo awesome!!