Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Anyone manage to find AO in Canada? I know BestBuy has Combined Operations listed on their website, but the stores don't seem to actually have it. It's not at any other stores here either. It seems that OA on its own is never going to be available in Canada, and Combined Operations is the only thing that MIGHT be available... although I have yet to see it in any store here... EB Games, BestBuy, Walmart, Gameshack, Staples, Amazon.ca, etc.

Only place that appears to have anything available is Amazon.com... but then we get hit by the random and often huge border/courier fees (...some people paying up to $80 for an item under $20!)... so cross border is not an option.

Crazy that it's not made available here. I'd get it this minute if I could.

I already own Arma 2. How is Combined Arms packaged? Could I infact buy it, keep Operation Arrowhead and give the Arma 2 portion to a friend to play?

Back when I wanted to buy original ArmA 2 and it wasn't available in Canada, I ordered it from these guys: NWS.

They gave me a good price back then, although delivery is perhaps a bit slower than big stores. They seem to have OA standalone package.

IIRC they charge about $6 US for delivery to Canada. I might try them again soon.

I already own Arma 2. How is Combined Arms packaged? Could I infact buy it, keep Operation Arrowhead and give the Arma 2 portion to a friend to play?

There are 2 disks and 2 manuals with KEY's

So yes you can give the Arma 2 disk and manual to a friend.

Combined ops is just the contents of the seperate games crammed into a single case.

However, He won't be able to play on servers running CO or play with you over LAN unless you are running

just Arma 2.

Edited by jblackrupert

I ended up just buying Combined Operations at a local store for $50 CAN. Getting OA alone elsewhere, with delivery charges, can end up being just as much... especially if it crosses the US/Canada border. So, I just bought the combined one locally, and have a second copy of Arma2.

Well, I WILL have... The copy I got was scratched badly, but they are going to give me a replacement once one comes in. :butbut:

Man the truck that supplies my local game store must have rolled off a cliff... The first copy I bought of OA had both CDs loose (and subsequently scratched all to hell). I brought it back for a replacement the next week.... and the replacement was even worse! The plastic outer case of the sim itself was literally half torn up the spine! The next week, I brought THAT one in for a replacement... which was in better shape, but the CD was pretty dusty and a bit scratched (...as if it had been used for a week). WTF?!

So, waiting for next week, when my latest version arrives. The clerk said to just try installing it anyway, which I did.

At first he was trying to get me to agree to taking that version, despite the dust and minor scratches, as it 'still probably works'.... but I told him, 'If you just bought a new porsche, and it had some scratches on it, would you accept it as is 'even though it still 'runs'?...'. He totally saw where I was coming from, hence I'm in again next week to see how we do with the 4th copy!

These guys definitely need to speak with their supplier!

Where on earth can I buy BAF? Sprocket seems to have a broken payment feature and is not accepting credit or debit cards, as soon as I click Pay Your Order I get "payment request rejected". I haven't even got to the part to enter my bank details yet. I don't have a paypal account and nor do I want one. I have retail version therefore the trusty Steam version is out. Any alternative sites to get it since Sprocket won't take cards?

I thought BAF was included in the last patch, but with lower res textures.

GAMEFLY -- currently has Combined Operations for a whole 16 English pounds !

Bargain