Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Hi. Can you tell me if Arma 2: Combined Operations will be released in Australia sometime? I want to buy the original game and its expansion together. The two separate games are disapearing fast from stores and I don't want to miss out.

I believe boxed CO was only released in North America, digital CO is available via Sprocket and other good digital providers such as Sprocket or Sprocket.

I believe boxed CO was only released in North America, digital CO is available via Sprocket and other good digital providers such as Sprocket or Sprocket.

So no DVD Combined Operation in Europe?

:D

Thanks for the answers. I bought CO from Sprocket and I am getting 480 kb/s (conn. max) from the EU server, should be done in 5 hours. Looking forward to playing MP ;) See you ingame.

So no DVD Combined Operation in Europe?

:D

Unless I'm completely remembering wrong, no :)

Just saw your post.

Don't know if you got it yet but on the WallMart receipt it is:

PC ARMA2 ARW 087794910002

I understand 6 OA and 6 Combined Op's at each store!

Thanks.

However Walmart doesnt have it in all stores.

Vaughan (Suburb N of Toronto) and Regina are the only places so far that we know of and maybe another but the poster didn't say which one.

Meridian4 is supposed to get back to me in the next couple of days

with a list of stores with copies.

Stores aren't carrying it because it's not worth the risk on a niche game

that is barely marketed by it's own maker.

Bohemia got lucky with PC Gamer staffers playing it.

You need to spend money to make money Bohemia.... Advertising.. promotion and stores will carry it.

I picked my retail box of OA up 7-23-10 at a store by me called Micro Center: Chicagoland Illinois / Town = Westmont.

By the way, anyone know of the ArmA-II addons are compatible with OA without any modifications? Like the CBA, and all the islands?

Canada, Ottawa: Walmart (Richmond) & EB Games (Carlingwood) do not have OA. They both have the most pitiful selection of computer games I have ever seen and will not be returning to either store for computer related purchases, for as long as I remember this day :)

P.S. consoles are stupid. Except Gran Turismo on PS3. :P

If your in Canada, want a DVD copy but stores near you don't have it

you can email andy@meridian4.com and pay through your bank.

Meridian4 Uses TD Canada Trust

The "Purchase DVD" copy link on the Meridian4 site is supposed to go live

in a couple of weeks. Supposed to have INTERAC payment.

Update: Andy from Meridian4 has said London Drugs has agreed to carry the game.

They are a good source of Sim games. Their website doesn't list everything they have.

Units have also been Shipped to Bestbuy Canada this morning (July 28)

Edited by jblackrupert

Has anyone received their copies of Takistan and Chernarus maps for preordering OA on Sprocket?

Has anyone received their copies of Takistan and Chernarus maps for preordering OA on Sprocket?
I haven't :(

Wrong thread ;)

Our mail server hates your foreign sounding letters ;)

So I chased up my harassed colleague yesterday' date=' we'll call him "Jan" for the sake of this information, we were hoping to send the maps out this week but unfortunately the [s']hapless minion slave fool[/s] colleague who was tasked with doing it is out sick this week, so finger's crossed for next week :)

Envelopes are printed, just waiting for the maps to be in the same place as the envelopes, hopefully they'll be sent out Monday/Tuesday.

Poland - 6 th of August - they gave date on website

anyone knows which version ??

what is latest patch to OA ? will there be new to this date or not ? any details about version that will come 6th of Aug ?

If your in Canada, want a DVD copy but stores near you don't have it

you can email andy@meridian4.com and pay through your bank.

Meridian4 Uses TD Canada Trust

The "Purchase DVD" copy link on the Meridian4 site is supposed to go live

in a couple of weeks. Supposed to have INTERAC payment.

Update: Andy from Meridian4 has said London Drugs has agreed to carry the game.

They are a good source of Sim games. Their website doesn't list everything they have.

Units have also been Shipped to Bestbuy Canada this morning (July 28)

Thanks for this, I got in contact with Andy and I have a hard copy shipping to my house for next week. He was totally helpful and gracious to answer questions.

Further update: Scratch next week, Andy told me Friday in a note yesterday..only to have it show up today on the opposite side of the country. Who says Canada Post is /totally/ useless? :P

Edited by zeekthegeek

OA yet not in PL shops :(

"maybe tommorow afternoon"

I hope to publish in the Middle East soon and specifically in the Arab Republics

But I rule out for this soon <<<<< very pessimistic

Poland - report again

today answer from 2 shops "we don't know, we don't have it, they told it will be today, it was supposed to be yesterday"

in Arma1 release Polish developer (is it correct word in English ?) screwed Arma1 using Starforce while rest had Securom

now i see this weekend i can't get OA :|

even Empik which is co-partner of LEM do not know "when"

damn, once again LEM given ***, publication delayed, date uknown, 2 shops (Empik and Games World) don't have OA even in marketing plan

A1 was screwed by LEM (i remember problems with their version of starforce and 8-14 reties to start A1 untill BIS released no-cd patch) now OA is not even released and after 2 days delay (given second date 06-Aug about which they informed at end of July, first planned 27-June) 2 leading game stores "do not know what's about"

I emailed any last night got a prompt reply today, surprizingly he works even on the weekend to keep us fed for games. See below

"Hello,

Currently Wal*Mart Canada should have units of Arrowhead on their shelves. Best Buy Canada has ARMA 2 Combined Operations available.

If you are unable to find a copy we can ship to you from our offices in Montreal. We accept PayPal and Interac and can usually ship same day if we receive payment before 2:00PM EST.

Arrowhead would be $48.99 including shipping and taxes.

Let me know if this is something you would like to pursue and if so we can forward either PayPal information or Interac banking codes.

Regards,

Andy

Meridian4

www.meridian4.com"

Now I used to work at FS and we usually shelve things every Tuesday for new games. So if he's saying they're on shelves I'm going to assume they're not going to be active till at least wednesday.

TBH the interac option seems the cheapest if you want retail as you avoid the retail mark up.

booo :(

once again "delay, term unknown, nothing known, noone knows, nothing"

sory for posting here on and on

i have clarification

LEM sent game to shops, game is in shops' warehouses

the fact that it is not in sale is guilt of shops, not LEM

it simply lie in warehouse waiting for unpack :/

so all is okay from LEM, confirmed

finally in Poland stores :D

would say suuuper, but :

new1vt.jpg

first thing that invites me in OA

Empik hasn't got it, small shops has it

and others "cannot load texture brick" etc :(((

Edited by vilas

CANADA Update

Bestbuy on Cambie in Vancouver,BC has copies of Combined operations.

Cambie & 6th Avenue

2220 Cambie Street Vancouver

British Columbia, V5Z 2T7 Phone: (604) 638-4966

Udated: August 20 2010

Bestbuy Canada has added Arma II Combined Operations to their website

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/arma-ii-combined-operations-pc/10150215.aspx?path=7d80fb534fbcc83d3e93030ae310dc55en02

Edited by jblackrupert

Hello everyone,

I ''somehow'' managed to delay buying operation arrowhead until now. Is there a package out there that include OA and the newly released British forces DLC ? or do I have to buy them separately ?