Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Just been to the gamemania in Amsterdam: delayed to the 23rd. The belgian gamemania is obvously saying the same thing.

I think it's the 4th time it's delayed

Just been to the gamemania in Amsterdam: delayed to the 23rd. The belgian gamemania is obvously saying the same thing.

I think it's the 4th time it's delayed

I ordered my copy yesterday from mediaoffer.nl, and its installing now. :D

Maybe I should have posted earlier.

Today I was free, and I searched all over Amsterdam: gamemania, dixons, bart smit, intertoys. Nothing. I was about to give up.

Okay, so I just ordered it on mediaoffer. I was pretty sure it was saying 1-3 workdays, now they say not in stock, more than 5 days. Hopefully I ordered the last one, or I think I will fall into depression.

Thank you very much for the info. Let's see if it works.

I don't really know if it's publisher's or developer's responsibility, but I've read on some gameshop's website that the first Operation Arrowhead DVDs got in Hungary were factory-faulty and couldn't be installed. I'd like to inquire about the approximate arrival of the patched DVDs into Hungary, since it's almost 3 weeks that the game was released and there are not even little news about the fixed DVDs.

Sorry for sounding impatient, but I have some wrong days behind me and I felt like that we are getting crapped on our heads. I know it's not the case, but I'd like at least to hear some half-official rumor at least. Once again sorry for my bad mood.

Canadian Update

Just wanted to pass along to any fellow Canucks still searching for a Boxed version of the game...

My local Wal-Mart (Regina,SK) today has about 6 or 7 copies each on the shelf of Combined Operations($49.99) and Operation Arrrowhead ($39.99). Well, they *had* 6 copies of OA......:yay:

Now, I gotta go shop for some new computer parts to play this baby !

I don't really know if it's publisher's or developer's responsibility, but I've read on some gameshop's website that the first Operation Arrowhead DVDs got in Hungary were factory-faulty and couldn't be installed. I'd like to inquire about the approximate arrival of the patched DVDs into Hungary, since it's almost 3 weeks that the game was released and there are not even little news about the fixed DVDs.

Sorry for sounding impatient, but I have some wrong days behind me and I felt like that we are getting crapped on our heads. I know it's not the case, but I'd like at least to hear some half-official rumor at least. Once again sorry for my bad mood.

That's not something we can help you with here unfortunately, you should try speaking to the Hungarian publisher.

Canadian Update

Just wanted to pass along to any fellow Canucks still searching for a Boxed version of the game...

My local Wal-Mart (Regina,SK) today has about 6 or 7 copies each on the shelf of Combined Operations($49.99) and Operation Arrrowhead ($39.99). Well, they *had* 6 copies of OA......:yay:

Now, I gotta go shop for some new computer parts to play this baby !

Thanks for the heads up:

Wall Mart in Vaughan has/had 6 copies of each on the shelves. Hidden but on the shelf.

Why is it that OA is for 30 eur at Sprocket, but in Hungary, a completely new physical copy costs only 12.5 eur?

Now, that was what I call a help: ordered on friday, sent on monday, received on tuesday. Thanks a lot, you are a savior.

Too bad that mediaoffer now has it out of stock. But I would still recommend all the people in Belgium and the Netherlands to check it out, in case they have problems, like me.

Why is it that OA is for 30 eur at Sprocket, but in Hungary, a completely new physical copy costs only 12.5 eur?

Probably because a special arrangement was reached for Hungary where a version of the game distributed solely within that country is available for a reduced price commensurate with the earnings of said county, for example previous Russian publication deals and the previous Thailand deal last year with ArmA2.

What is the SKU for the meridian4 DVD copies?

It seems Walmart Canada is unable to search for products by name.

Hi all,

do you know a store in Europe where I can order the DVDs for Combined Operations?

Or it isn't out as DVD yet?

I couldn't find it anywhere. Only game and expansion separately.

Hi all,

do you know a store in Europe where I can order the DVDs for Combined Operations?

Or it isn't out as DVD yet?

I couldn't find it anywhere. Only game and expansion separately.

Arma 2 + Arma: Operation Arrowhead = Arma 2: Combined Operations

The combined package will not be sold in most of Europe in foreseeable future so you would need to buy both game separately or by the combined game online, e.g. from Sprocket.

Thanks for replying.

Aw that's unfortunate cause I specifically wanted the combined package as it seems more practical. Guess I'll have to buy the two games separately then.

Thanks for replying.

Aw that's unfortunate cause I specifically wanted the combined package as it seems more practical. Guess I'll have to buy the two games separately then.

The combined package if fact contains full version of A2 on one DVD and full version of A2OA on another so there is really no difference. You also can find some good deals on A2 already so the price may end up pretty close to the Combined Operations package.

www.gamestore.ro will sell OA in Romania , but they wont have it on the 29'th . So if there are any Romanians lurking around here , spam their inbox with requests :P , maybe ... maybe they will have it in stock sooner .

For Romanian players OA can be ordered (release date on 28 July) here:

http://www.gamestore.ro/product--ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead--3946.html for 34,55 eur.

Edited by gulag

Got Arrowhead at a local walmart. It's actually the fastest time that any boxed arma game has been available here from release date, so I can't complain about the publisher.

Got Arrowhead at a local walmart. It's actually the fastest time that any boxed arma game has been available here from release date, so I can't complain about the publisher.

Which walmart?

Gotgame took 2 weeks to get Arma 2 shipped to several stores

we're into the 4th week and only a few Walmarts in Canada have it.

Bestbuy Canada got pulled from Meridian4's site a couple days ago

Meridian4 said they wanted it. Same with Futureshop.

Independent stores I've talked to have said that their suppliers aren't able to get their hands on copies.

Hmm, just had an idea if I can't find the boxed version. Later next month when college starts back, I'll take my laptop,buy the game off of Steam and download it during class and in between classes. They have fast internet at my community college. I can download stuff quick there. Then when I'm through for the day and go home in the afternoon, I'll transfer the files to my desktop. Genius!

EDIT: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THE CLOSEST BEST BUY HAS COMBINED OPERATIONS NOW!! I looked yesterday and they didn't have it but today they do. Isn't that crazy? The moment I make the post about not finding it, I do find it!

I don't plan on going to town until later next week though.

Americans you might wanna check your closest Best Buy website every now and then if you haven't gotten the game yet.

Edited by ebevan91

Hi. Can you tell me if Arma 2: Combined Operations will be released in Australia sometime? I want to buy the original game and its expansion together. The two separate games are disapearing fast from stores and I don't want to miss out.

Hello all I have a question. I would like to buy Combined Operations but am having trouble making my mind up between Steam and Sprocket. As Steam versions are usually different I am wondering whether it will be possible to change files on them (add mods, user content etc.) without Steam complaining about something? Another reason why I'm not so fond of Steam is that you are dependant on their servers to play. It has been around or a long time and is generally reliable though so that's in it's favor.

But I am looking at Sprocket mainly because it is a digital download, so technically the files should be exactly the same as on a DVD bought in store, am I right? So I could download the game from Sprocket when I buy it, burn it to a DVD and save my cd key and not have anything to do with their servers anymore, is this correct? That would be a preferred solution for me if possible. Also, how fast are Sprocket download servers? Game is 14 GB and I have heard people complain they are somewhat slow.

Thank you

Hello all I have a question. I would like to buy Combined Operations but am having trouble making my mind up between Steam and Sprocket. As Steam versions are usually different I am wondering whether it will be possible to change files on them (add mods, user content etc.) without Steam complaining about something? Another reason why I'm not so fond of Steam is that you are dependant on their servers to play. It has been around or a long time and is generally reliable though so that's in it's favor.

But I am looking at Sprocket mainly because it is a digital download, so technically the files should be exactly the same as on a DVD bought in store, am I right? So I could download the game from Sprocket when I buy it, burn it to a DVD and save my cd key and not have anything to do with their servers anymore, is this correct? That would be a preferred solution for me if possible. Also, how fast are Sprocket download servers? Game is 14 GB and I have heard people complain they are somewhat slow.

Thank you

My preference is Sprocket. It downloads fine for me. You can burn it to a DVD. And with Sprocket more money goes to the developers, something else to consider.

Also, how fast are Sprocket download servers? Game is 14 GB and I have heard people complain they are somewhat slow.

Thank you

If the standard downloader isn't maxing out your connection then using a download manager/ftp client usually will, I can help you with that so PM me if you're not getting the best speed possible with the regular downloader, it's worth noting we expanded on our US Sprocket bandwidth by a factor of 10 a couple of weeks ago ;)

You can buy it from Sprocket, can't you? It worked for me from the US. (Assuming you'd be all right with a download version.)

What is the SKU for the meridian4 DVD copies?

It seems Walmart Canada is unable to search for products by name.

Just saw your post.

Don't know if you got it yet but on the WallMart receipt it is:

PC ARMA2 ARW 087794910002

I understand 6 OA and 6 Combined Op's at each store!