Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Good to know. Thanks Placebo. Oh and I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been following this forum for almost two years, I just decided to make an account now. Oh and do you know if steam does this too?

Edited by Raptor228

I visited a store that carries a pretty amazing selection of PC games and they had OFP:DR on the shelf, which I thought pretty amazing. But no OA.

So I asked.

Arma and Arma2 ... neither was in their computer.

I don't know business front end, but something seems to be slipping through the cracks.

If CM is doing it, BIS should too!

p.s. I built a new box for this.

Was this store in West ed? Playme by the ice rink?

My Gamestop copy, according to tracking, should deliver on 07/06.

I just looked, the damn thing is an hour away from me.

Bet UPS holds it until Monday..rat bastards:(

My Gamestop copy, according to tracking, should deliver on 07/06. I just looked, the damn thing is an hour away from me. Bet UPS holds it until Monday.

You can always go down to the UPS facility it's being held at and pick it up there. I've done that before. ;)

Wow, I have never seen a game so hard to buy. Went by the local game store and all they had was one copy of Combined Operations. I can't see the point in paying for ArmaII and ArmaII:Operation Arrowhead since I already own a copy of ArmaII. The game store does not have and will not be getting (by the computer) ArmaII: Operation Arrowhead. I went to Sprocket (only place I can find to DL it) , to try and download just ArmaII: OA and with tax it was more than Combined Operations at the local store.

I really wanted to play the expansion but this is just silly of BIS to market a game this way. I feel like I am being forced to buy a game I already own just to be able to play the expansion. I know they say it is stand alone ,but it is just an expansion (same engine, same graphics, same everything, just some new maps and new in game toys)

BIS , you need to take a hard look at whoever is in charge of getting this game to the masses.

Nomadd

Umm... gonna ask again... Direct2Drive? Will it ever be out on it?

Just placed my order on Amazon (US) got one day shipping for 9 dollars which is pretty cheap the standard free shipping is 5 to 9 days.

will come out to 49 dollars which is a steal! :)

I bought Combined Operations at a Gamestop because that was the only version they had; no Operation Arrowhead there. Even though I already have the vanilla ArmA 2; I still bought it. Seeing as it is only ten dollars more, I thought it wouldn't be that unreasonable to buy Combined Operations instead. I didn't regret it. The one thing is, I had to drive a long distance to get it. This game is fuckin' rare as shit.

My Best Buy that I work at has both combined operators and arrowhead by itself. I know the website doesn't even have it but we do carry it. I work in inventory so it's kind of my job to know. As for gamestop, as far as I know they only carry combined arms. I am in Texas if anyone cares.

My Play.com copy arrived this morning :D

i need fast advice ASAP.

i about to buy Arma2&OA in one package at steam but do i have to reinstal the game ervertime a patch comes out and how does the mods work

thx

Hi all:) i went to Ebgames and Futurshop and I never see it:confused:

Meridian4 is the publisher and he live in Canada i do not understand why they do not release it.

Can somebody explain me plz?

Thank you

You'll most likely have to order it online, from Amazon or such.

I heard that Gamestop will be receiving them on the 6th in Canada, threw a friend that lives there. So ether that or buy it online.

really? Because gamespot.ca dont have it online. will see that the 6th thx.

U.S.: Fry's has Operation Arrowhead in their stores. Gamestop has Combined Operations in their stores.

Edited by randir14

Yeah even Amazon.ca doesn't have it listed. Bought my copy from Amazon.com and will be receiving it late next week, can't wait!

Gamestop now has OA as "back ordered". Screw it I'll just buy Combined Operations.

Edited by randir14

My Play.com copy arrived this morning :D

And it would appear that yesterday it sucked 9 hours of my life away :D :p

Fantastic.

I only got up to the 03 pathfinding mission, then spent the rest of the time playing coop multiplayer :D

And it would appear that yesterday it sucked 9 hours of my life away

Fantastic. Epic. BIS Rocks.

Well I had 4 hours of my life ruined by this game (ppfff NOT!) :) :yay:

Just wish I could get a better frame rate on my rig.

Need a better graphics card and maybe some overclocking to my phenom quad 2.4ghz cpu!

Comparing the two games side by side, OA definitely runs better for me.

It must have been all the bloody trees that were slowing everything down :D

Hard copy out of stock in GAME UK! but available for download on their site now!

GAME DOWNLOAD

Useful for those with a gamecard with points on