Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

My Game.co.uk preorder arrived today :D

Yeah, I heard that same thing when I called a local GameStop store.

I finally cancelled both of my A2:AO orders at GameStop and placed the orders at GoGamer.com. One of them has already shipped.

they've been jerking me around too..typical:j:

they keep telling me to try back tomorrow...maybe it will be here tomorrow...

the bum said he already had one copy on order, I reserved it and he's probably got it at home. He did tell me to try back yesterday, and he took off yesterday...dirty dog:mad:

lol me too :D I wasnt expecting it until Friday :cool:

bollox, just popped into gamemania on my way home from work to see if its coming in saturday as it said on their website. shopguy tells me not until 9 july now, pushed back why? no explanation

almost two weeks from official release date.

this is madness, no THIS IS BELGIUM!

as far as i can tell, they're the only shop selling it over here. doubt FNAC would get in a non-mainstream title.

New GFX card arrives tomorrow and nothing to play on it.

guess it will have to be sprocket then, i'll just keep telling myself I didn't particularly like the look of the cover anyway ;)

</RANT>

Mine too. Been playing it all day. Brilliant so far. Thoroughly pleased.

Im so pissed!! Gamestop site says no in-store pickup for OA.Just now I looked and its in stock at my local Gamestop and I purchased from rip off artists extraordinaire STEAM.I feel like going down there and freaking out on them!! Sorry just had to post that......

I think someone at Bohemia needs to get on the phone with Meridian4 and ask them whats going on with DVD release in Canada.

Meridian4 is in Montreal and there is NOWHERE to buy Arrowhead on DVD in Canada.

I think someone at Bohemia needs to get on the phone with Meridian4 and ask them whats going on with DVD release in Canada.

Meridian4 is in Montreal and there is NOWHERE to buy Arrowhead on DVD in Canada.

Distribution in Canada of BIS products is pretty poor, whoever the publisher is/was; certainly, EB Games/Game Stop cannot be relied on. Some of their stores never carried them.

Out West, London Drugs has typically had BIS products, but usually months late. Amazon.ca does not have it listed at all (although they eventually carried ArmA & ArmA 2).

Try online, Amazon.com has it, and I can recommend game.co.uk for reasonable prices and rapid delivery.

Could someone please tell me if OA is ever going to come out on Direct2Drive? Because if not I've been waiting for no reason :P

Thanks

Still nothing from Play.com, maybe it will turn up today.

Utterly pointless preordering from a website, if you end up getting the game after everybody who simply walked into a shop and picked up a copy on the real release day.

Doubt i will use Play.com again, this has happened before.

On a different note, i picked up the THQ pack from steam the other day, so i have a load of new PC games to play anyway.

Utterly pointless preordering from a website, if you end up getting the game after everybody who simply walked into a shop and picked up a copy on the real release day.

Depends on the store really, I believe Shopto are one of the most reliable ones in the UK, in Sweden I've pre-ordered games from 3 different stores and got them on day of release each time, Play.com are not considered the most reliable (as mentioned in here I ordered a keyboard and received a lightsaber).

Gamestop is like a woman....

preordered (releases 06/29/10),

on the 30th, it says ships 07/06/10,

on the 1st it tells me "back ordered", with no shipping date,

now, 07/02/10, it tells me it has shipped.

Damn my copy has finally arrived..... Just gotta wait for work to finish .. allready read the manual.... some nice new features by the looks of it...... Considering slamming my head in the door to get out of work early......

For all the Dutchies out there, AO is sold out in most shops but they're expecting new shipments early next week.

Play.com really take the piss now... When they were first started they were the top dogs, now that they're so well known they simply don't give a damn...

I still haven't got my copy which was sent three days ago. It could just be the post, but still, not getting a game on the release date defeats the point of pre-ordering. >_<

I was about to blame our postie as she is a numptie.

I get all my packages delivered to my business as nobody is ever home during the day, but it is always pretty random weather or not we get a Royal Mail delivery on a saturday morning, so i will reasonably expect my game on monday now :rolleyes:

The workshy wankers. :p

Ugh, I'm raged. GameStop has it backordered. I actually went there to check as well and they didn't have it. I'm going to order it from amazon... I accidentally forgot about OAs release, just yesterday Richie reminded me, so now I have to wait even more ._.

Still nothing from Play.com, maybe it will turn up today.

Doubt i will use Play.com again, this has happened before.

On a different note, i picked up the THQ pack from steam the other day, so i have a load of new PC games to play anyway.

Same as, mine says shipped 30th June, bunch of con artists to get our cash rather than shops. Play.com is reliable at delivering late, not be using them again even if they are cheaper.

I visited a store that carries a pretty amazing selection of PC games and they had OFP:DR on the shelf, which I thought pretty amazing. But no OA.

So I asked.

Arma and Arma2 ... neither was in their computer.

I don't know business front end, but something seems to be slipping through the cracks.

If CM is doing it, BIS should too!

p.s. I built a new box for this.

Hey tremblay, I just went over to my local ebgames and they had no record of it either. Created an account just after and this is my first post... so I wanted to ask a question: Because none of the stores near me have AO should I just buy it online? I have a computer that can run it now and i was just wondering if when you buy it online can you tranfer the full game and all your saves over to another computer after? I'm going to get another PC later this year and want to be able to tranfer all my AO content from one cpu to another. Can this be done when buying an online version such as off of steam?

If CM is doing it, BIS should too!

Try playing DR. You would realize why BIS should not do what Consolemasters do. ;)

In terms of advertising, however, it would be nice to see BIS advertise more. Thanks to Arma 2's attracting of more higher-level gaming publications, both digital and paper, OA had more advertising than ArmA and Arma 2 had. But, as always, I'd rather see the money spent somewhere more worthwhile provided BIS can still continue doing what they do without suffering financially.

Hey tremblay, I just went over to my local ebgames and they had no record of it either. Created an account just after and this is my first post... so I wanted to ask a question: Because none of the stores near me have AO should I just buy it online? I have a computer that can run it now and i was just wondering if when you buy it online can you tranfer the full game and all your saves over to another computer after? I'm going to get another PC later this year and want to be able to tranfer all my AO content from one cpu to another. Can this be done when buying an online version such as off of steam?

Sprocket lets you do that :)