Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Got a mail from Amazon.fr this morning saying that OA's release has been delayed and that I shall not receive the game I pre-ordered before monday 5th instead of this thursday..

So the timer for OA is down on Steam.. but you still can't buy it. Very strange.

Why on the published day of release it is announced without warning that we have to wait another few days?

Has there been any official word from BIS?

Is the new date any firmer than the one were were told before?

Will there be any further delay?

Has anyone order from gamestop US? It still says pre-order 6/29/10. I look on amozon and it says the game is ready for order, and it will be ship by wednesday.

I got mine on Amazon. It just shipped today or maybe it was yesterday night I can't remember. Either way I can't wait to get it.

Buying on Steam is no different than buying retail in that regard. Sure you can physically own a disc, but the contents of that disc are still IP owned by BIS. Ok, so BIS isn't going to come to your house and take your disc away, but you don't own the game itself. Anyway, let's not turn this into a debate about ownership of IP...

Besides, Valve isn't going to just go and take away people's accounts or deliberately prevent them from playing games they have purchased.

Not talking about IP, steam is third party in this sense. I do not see the need to see my tied to thier rules and regulatations on top of the normal stuff you would bound by a retail copy.

Moral of story : get retail copy :p (they are cheaper too....most of the time :D )

Has anyone order from gamestop US? It still says pre-order 6/29/10. I look on amozon and it says the game is ready for order, and it will be ship by wednesday.

I pre ordered in store, and he said it should be there tomorrow.

He said he only ordered one copy prior to me coming in to reserve it so it is definately on its way

hopefully lol

but I'm trying to find out if I will have any trouble installing it seeing as though I already have ARMA2..if someone could tell me combined operations is a two dvd set or...that it already detects ARMA2 and skips that install.

yeah it's an extra 10 bucks, but I don't want to wait mid july for just the expansion pack

OA and Combined Operations are both now available on Steam.

Ya i think im going to have to cancel my pre-order from gamestop, sounds like there going to be on a wait. This has happen from them with alot of PC games lately.

Ya i think im going to have to cancel my pre-order from gamestop, sounds like there going to be on a wait. This has happen from them with alot of PC games lately.

Where are you located?

My Gamestop pre-order also says it has not shipped yet. Not a huge steam fan after running into problems with a reinstall, but may have to buy it there tonight.

OA and Combined Operations are both now available on Steam.

Indeed. I got Combined Operations pack for 29£ despite having ArmA II standalone on DVD. OA itself is 24£ so it's a good deal and both games in one place. 1:16 hours to go :)

Where are you located?

My Gamestop pre-order also says it has not shipped yet. Not a huge steam fan after running into problems with a reinstall, but may have to buy it there tonight.

Located in US, Eastern US. Ya gamestop more then less will get it later im thinking. They dont put out PC game as they should.

Edited by 1in1class
need

BlahDVD changed release date to 02.07. Oh well...

I reckon it'll take another week or two for my order to arrive anyway.

Can't wait for the demo....:D

Is the Steam version compatible with the D2D version? I've seen this topic touched but not answered. I know OA is stand-alone, but is it also integrated with Arma2? Sorry if this has been answered.

EDIT:

Found this thread, but it only mention two steam versions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Edited by callaway

Gah gamestop sucks! Looks like I'll be waiting a while to get my copy..

While none of the 6 gamestops around my area have, 4 said they won't get it and 2 said they might get it later in the week.

:eek: Can anyone else confirm that OA is not "currently" available on Amazon? :(

It seems that most other games are as well. :eek:

Damnit I want that boxed version!

After Play.com moved the date I canceled my preorder and got it from Steam.

sorry i bet this has been asked 100 times but is the sprocket version full english version? I see it says multilingual subtitles but are the voices english too?

sorry i bet this has been asked 100 times but is the sprocket version full english version? I see it says multilingual subtitles but are the voices english too?

Yes..

After Play.com moved the date I canceled my preorder and got it from Steam.

I am disappointed with Play.com myself.

Came home to find no game and an email (well actually 2 identical emails) telling me they had changed the date till 2/7/10

The gits :(

Is the Steam version compatible with the D2D version? I've seen this topic touched but not answered. I know OA is stand-alone, but is it also integrated with Arma2? Sorry if this has been answered.

A2 is compatible with OA, doesn't matter which version A2 is or which version OA is, boxed or digital etc.

I just got my copy via the amazon preorder and 1 day shipping. It's delivery est. of July 1 was wrong, thankfully. :D

My pre-order from Newegg still hasn't shipped and now the game is showing as out-of-stock. Awesome. :j:

I would get it from Amazon but the page isn't working, and Steam doesn't have Combined Operations (which is what I pre-ordered). GAH!

steam does have combined operations.. or did they remove it again?