Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Dwarden, you may want to free up some bandwidth - So far it has taken me like 20 minutes to access the site, create my account and go through checkout, still haven't reached the stage where I put in my payment details :p

I don't think that's possible. They have a certain amount of resources set aside for this. There was a reason you could download the files two days early :)

Since you don't have the steam copy of ArmA 2 it might be better to buy it as a disc.

That way the stuff combines together properly.

If you had the steam copy of ArmA 2 then you should get the steam copy of OA as then the stuff will combine properly. It's just across two seperate "platforms(?)" the games will not recognize the serial keys - each "platform" has it's own set of serials.

I was told this by Dwarden when I asked him a very similar question on steam.

That pretty much sums it up.

I don't think that's possible. They have a certain amount of resources set aside for this. There was a reason you could download the files two days early :)

I'm not talking about downloading, just purely buying the product, which took ages. Download took less than 40 minutes.

damn... play.com just cancelled my pre order that i made a couple of weeks ago due to high demand. anyone else in uk that has ordered through them might not receive theirs either. this sucks.

That's more a BIS server/website issue, all our sites have been a bit slow over the weekend, Sprocket included but hopefully it should be improved now :)

damn... play.com just cancelled my pre order that i made a couple of weeks ago due to high demand. anyone else in uk that has ordered through them might not receive theirs either. this sucks.

You still have a few hours left to pre-load the Sprocket version before it unlocks at midnight ;)

Just got the info that Amazon (Germany!) will deliver it to me tomorrow!!

Not that I like amazon.

I recommend to use the more BI connected possibility with that link above. You can even get it faster that way, starting delivery at midnight as far as I read here.

It'd be nice if we could preorder on Steam today/tomorrow morning so I can have it download while I sit here at work killing myself in anticipation rather than getting home and spending all night downloading it only to have 5 mins to try it before having to spend a whole nother 8 hours killing myself before having more time. (longest sentence I have ever written)

Clearly you guys at BIS understand this right? :o

You can download the Sprocket version right now :whistle: ;)

it appears that something has happen with the shipping to australia and we dont get the boxed version until the 9th, which sucks. oh well time to by the game from sprocket as well use that version until my hard copy version arrives xD

Which store where you trying to get it through mate?

it appears that something has happen with the shipping to australia and we dont get the boxed version until the 9th, which sucks. oh well time to by the game from sprocket as well use that version until my hard copy version arrives xD

nothing probably happened except ppl don't like to rush it through censorship.. we need that warm blanket we call the government to protect use from those nasty game makers...lol

well you could get sprocket or 1 day later steam...or 9 days later.. dvd.. or all 3...

The gameswarehouse mentioned it was going to be late..

would say get it from Sprocket ...

that's our service and we get more money than from any other one

I'm gonna buy it on both since it's cheaper than mainstream games. I'll only play steam though.

Btw if anyone is wondering, mods work 100% on steam. I can even make my own no problem. Patches work too. Also, since I have alot of trust in Valve, I have alot of trust in steam, and honestly Valve has never let me down.

I'm going for the steam release too. The only nag I have about steam is the lack of splitting steamapps folders (it's getting crowded on my measly 80GB intel SSD).

I work tomorrow so I'm not gonna benefit from an early release on some other DL service anyway.

Has the U.K one been delayed? Amazon is sayin 7-july! WTF!!!

Yeah.... Its nearly half the price of a night out with the lads!:j:

[sarcasm switch off]

it will be no more than £25 in the shops and comes with a ready printed out booklet AND a dvd and case :)

i never understood why digital distro versions of games cost more than the retail boxed version

Server costs, probably.

But I hardly ever touch manuals, nor do I ever really care to look at the case. I basically take the DVD out, pop it into the DVD drive, and forget about the rest. :p

Server costs, probably.

But I hardly ever touch manuals, nor do I ever really care to look at the case. I basically take the DVD out, pop it into the DVD drive, and forget about the rest. :p

What about retailers cost and the people who create and put the game on disk + booklet and DVD case front/back cover

It's very possible that total server costs are greater than plastic boxes and paper manuals costs. Retailers, I dunno. I'm just guessing here.

It's very possible that total server costs are greater than plastic boxes and paper manuals costs. Retailers, I dunno. I'm just guessing here.

yea could be. i am seriously considering ordering from that digital distro place but what are they like? Are they similar to steam? Got a Third party app where i can download pay for games they release etc?

When I did it, I had to download the Sprocket client which then I selected a mirror from (US, EU or CZ) and it downloaded all the files (setup.exe, and 7 setup0x.bin files). Then it automatically ran the installer afterward. To activate it you have to try launching the game, but Sprocket keys won't work until 00:01 CEST tonight.

Quick question. once downloaded from sprocketidea, can i make a bacup of the game via blank dvd's so i dont have to re-download it if i want to reinstall it again?

Asked and answered countless times, try reading the Sprocket thread.

Has the U.K one been delayed? Amazon is sayin 7-july! WTF!!!

Amazon.co.uk is releasing it 2nd of July... they emailed me saying mine would be dispatched on the 1st and should receive it on the 2nd...

yet play.com uk has it released tomorrow. :(