Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

I posted this in another Forum with Operation Arrowhead but got no response.

This has to do with the combined operations (Arma 2+Arrowhead)...My friend was wondering, since Gamestop should be carrying the game (Pre Ordering w/e)...If it will be in stock in Puerto Rico? he told me there was a gamestop there, but wasn't sure since he Lives in Puerto Rico...Thanks.

Anyone who ordered play.com, amazon, blahdvd has got shipping confirmation allready? Just wondering :)

its funny how a game that costs £17, but requires the highest system spec ever for a game

I wont be buying it anyway, cause I dont meet the system req

MoH ftw:yay:

its funny how a game that costs £17, but requires the highest system spec ever for a game

Uh... No. How is that "funny"?

But, since you like MoH, I can see that you're one of those people expecting 40 FPS out of every game on full settings.

Uh... No. How is that "funny"?

But, since you like MoH, I can see that you're one of those people expecting 40 FPS out of every game on full settings.

No point buying a game that I cannot run properly!! Plus I dont think its worth it tbh, same old Arma

Uhuh. "Same old Arma"...

It's not worth even explaining it anymore, lol.

Define your opinion of not being able to run it properly?

No point buying a game that I cannot run properly!! Plus I dont think its worth it tbh, same old Arma

Then why are you here lol? Shouldn't you be playing Medal of Battlefield Modern Duty?

That's essentially what that game is.. Same old generic fps, same old :)

I think Call of Duty: Bad Company 2 rolls off the tongue nicer, and describes exactly what I thought of it when playing it. :p

/offtopic

Am not going to turn this thread into another typical Arma vs COD/MoH stuff

but again, its funny how the person above me, and I quote him saying "It is a hell of a lot of fun... When the server browser cooperates and actually puts you ingame"

and now he says "I already canceled my preorder. It gets old very, very quickly."

funny how people change their views within days, it was only a beta as well, with no patches or updates yet

Freakin Gamestop only ships OA.Why can't they ship to store is beyond me.I really want the Combined Operations CD but waiting a week more is killer. :D

Freakin Gamestop only ships OA. Why can't they ship to store is beyond me.

Lucky; Best Buy doesn't even have Operation Arrowhead listed on their website and the release is in a few days. :(

Gamestop only ships OA. Why can't they ship to store is beyond me.

That's more than most North American retailers. ;)

I really want the Combined Operations CD but waiting a week more is killer.

Not for me, I already have ArmA II installed on my computer. Just straight-up Operation Arrowhead in my case.

Edited by Laqueesha

Freakin Gamestop only ships OA.Why can't they ship to store is beyond me.I really want the Combined Operations CD but waiting a week more is killer. :D

call your local gamestop. mine's getting combined operations in on the 29th.

Am not going to turn this thread into another typical Arma vs COD/MoH stuff

but again, its funny how the person above me, and I quote him saying "It is a hell of a lot of fun... When the server browser cooperates and actually puts you ingame"

and now he says "I already canceled my preorder. It gets old very, very quickly."

funny how people change their views within days, it was only a beta as well, with no patches or updates yet

Indeed, I did post those. But opinions change, as mine did after playing it for a long time. The movement mechanics taken directly from BC2 do not fit well into such small CQB-orientated maps like COD games do. The weapons are, for the most part, unbalanced. The team focused gameplay does not work because the modern FPS gamer is not a team player. The weapons have zero recoil, damage values akin to MW2, and are completely unrealistic despite them toting them as being more realistic than BC2 in interviews (M16A4 with full auto mode...).

It was a beta, I accepted that. But beta's are there to also show us the gameplay mechanics of the game and, hopefully, entice us into buying it. I did not like what I saw, therefore I won't be buying it. It also left a bad taste in my mouth that they managed to get a, albeit borked in a number of ways, PC UI working for the BC2 beta, but could not do the same with MOH and it was, surprisingly, more screwed up than BC2's. It once more showed a general lack of giving a shit about the PC community, and made me kinda disappointed in DICE after the great job I think they did with BC2's PC version.

If you wish to continue this then please do it via PM so we don't clutter up this thread with offtopic stuff like this. Thanks.

tbh at least with BF:BC2 and the like the MP is implemented well and you can jump in and have some good games.

on arma2 MP i found it awkward and tedius and not much fun at all

haven't seen it posed yet so thought I'd infrom english players thar its on the GAME website, but being released on 2 july :l

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Shooter/ArmA-II-Operation-Arrowhead/~r349751/?s=operation+arrowhead

For what it's worth Amazon's updated their release date to the second as well. Friday tends to be the favoured day for releasing things. Play haven't updated their page yet but they may just be slow. I'd hazard a guess that the twenty ninth is the day any pre-orders will be allowed to be shipped out via post.

tbh at least with BF:BC2 and the like the MP is implemented well and you can jump in and have some good games.

on arma2 MP i found it awkward and tedius and not much fun at all

That's because BC2 and those types are games, that have levels/maps. ArmA has missions, and islands, and is a Sim, not a game.

For what it's worth Amazon's updated their release date to the second as well. Friday tends to be the favoured day for releasing things. Play haven't updated their page yet but they may just be slow. I'd hazard a guess that the twenty ninth is the day any pre-orders will be allowed to be shipped out via post.

I pre-ordered from Amazon.uk and it says...

Delivery 1 of 1

Not yet dispatched

Delivery Estimate: 29 Jun 2010 <<

Version: 1.52

Filesize: 6.8 GB was 8 GB

The Sprocket d/l Size has changed :eek: Oh well there goes the FLIR

I pre-ordered from Amazon.uk and it says...

Delivery 1 of 1

Not yet dispatched

Delivery Estimate: 29 Jun 2010 <<

Take a look at the sales page as opposed to your order status, it says the second there. I suppose it'll be one of those thing where we find out on the day. :)

Version: 1.52

Filesize: 6.8 GB was 8 GB

The Sprocket d/l Size has changed :eek: Oh well there goes the FLIR

What?

They packed better - smaller size is better for me :D

If i remember good - digi version of ArmA2 had same size 6,8 GB lol

Edited by RobertHammer

Hey recieved this email from amazon a few minutes ago

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"ARMA II Operation Arrowhead (PC DVD)"

Estimated arrival date: July 05 2010 - July 07 2010

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Same here

Tempted to cancel and get elsewhere