Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

I am going to order from Gamestop here in the US. I have been waiting for this game for a while. I have all ready 5 other clan members who are interested in buying. I want to see if I can get at least 8 members who are active to buy...

Rol/CyStryker

Just ordered mine from Amazon.co,uk! i payed the extra 7 quid like a mug just so that it would arrive on the 29th... what's the odds that it arrives on the following Monday! just my luck. :(

Get it from the shops then (if they sell the game in the high streets)

Get it from the shops then (if they sell the game in the high streets)

Maybe you missed the many posts about none of the "game" shops here having even heard of this game let alone stocking it?

i'm sure they will stock them eventually, but i'm impatient so ordered online for once. :)

ARMA2 OA ordered from Play UK finally. been checking Play and amazon nearly everyday for a month now.

Really looking forward to the optimized engine which for me means MP access. Of course there is tons TONS of other cool stuff to forward to as well.

Got from Play.com here too, £16.99 + free deilvery, the only problem is Play have never delivered anything to me in the time I expected or they said... Oh well, we shall see if they break a habit of a lifetime.

Maybe you missed the many posts about none of the "game" shops here having even heard of this game let alone stocking it?

i'm sure they will stock them eventually, but i'm impatient so ordered online for once. :)

yes i have read but find it VERY odd that it wont be stocked in the shelves in my GAME store.

Seriously name me a pc game that diddnt stock it on release day? i am 101% sure come the 29th June at 9am when my GAME shop opens it will have loads of copies of this game

yes i have read but find it VERY odd that it wont be stocked in the shelves in my GAME store.

Seriously name me a pc game that diddnt stock it on release day? i am 101% sure come the 29th June at 9am when my GAME shop opens it will have loads of copies of this game

Well, there was no publisher for the uk at the time from what everyone was saying.

GAME and GAMESTATION both said they would have ARMA2 before it was released when i rang them... yet with OA both GAME and GAMESTATION said they had no idea what game i was referring to when i asked if they would have it. This is why i ordered it online instead... i'm sure they will have it in but like i said i'm impatient :)

Quick people buy buy buy, get ARMA2 OA to the top of Play.com pre-order chart!! We'll show those morons winning with Starcraft 2

tongue-in-cheek of course - I don't work for Play.com - what the hell is starcraft anyway?

Hi all

Seek and ye shall find!

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=operation%20arrowhead

Since Idea and BIS are I am sure in contact with them and Game WANT Operation Arrowhead...

Kind Regards walker

This is just typical of my luck! i had been checking the site and rang twice in the last couple of days and all i got was... sorry what?

today i order it on Amazon and now GAME mentions it on their site! f***ing typical :p

EDIT: hmmm, i think my problem was that i kept checking the comming soon section rather than actually looking at the articles. oh well... i've ordered it now :)

Edited by Cossack8559

This is just typical of my luck! i had been checking the site and rang twice in the last couple of days and all i got was... sorry what?

today i order it on Amazon and now GAME mentions it on their site! f***ing typical :p

EDIT: hmmm, i think my problem was that i kept checking the comming soon section rather than actually looking at the articles. oh well... i've ordered it now :)

thats bean on games site for months

thats bean on games site for months

Like i just said i kept checking the "coming soon section" i rang game twice last week also and both times they said they had heard nothing of it.

anyway, least i don't have to go into town and pick it up now... i'll just wait for the post man on the 29th :)

I e-mailed blahdvd.com earlier today about the release of OA. Didn't receive a reply yet but at least they updated their Operation Arrowhead page.

For some reason their release date is 02/07/2010 but at least the price is pretty nice - €20.68.

EDIT: Now they have the correct release date of June 29th.

Edited by Rok

It seems that Gamestop in Canada, called numerous stores know nothing of Arma 2: OA.

The issue is due to recent DUAL Language regulations.

If the manual is not available in FRENCH it cannot be sold in Canada.

Emails sent to Meridian 4 have gone unanswered as of yet, lets see what the people from Quebec say about a FRENCH version of the manual.

I e-mailed blahdvd.com earlier today about the release of OA. Didn't receive a reply yet but at least they updated their Operation Arrowhead page.

For some reason their release date is 02/07/2010 but at least the price is pretty nice - €20.68.

Is that valid site? You ordered there before?

2.july is bit bad but price is good and game.co.uk and hmv.co.uk still dont have it :C

It seems that Gamestop in Canada, called numerous stores know nothing of Arma 2: OA.

The issue is due to recent DUAL Language regulations.

If the manual is not available in FRENCH it cannot be sold in Canada.

Emails sent to Meridian 4 have gone unanswered as of yet, lets see what the people from Quebec say about a FRENCH version of the manual.

ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME? I've been in Canada for 8 years and did not know this. In the 8 years I've been in Canada I have been taught to hate the French. For the first time, I find a personal reason to actually feel that way. Holy sweet mother.....can they just separate already.

EB, Bestbuy and NCIX will likely have it in Canada. Maybe not exactly on release day

but within a month.

London Drugs might even have it, I've seen simulator games there that noone else has

problem is you have to call them, their website listings for games is never complete.

Also. Meridian4 is in Montreal, so I think they can handle it.

They don't need to pack english/french manuals in each box

they just need french versions available for purchase.

Futureshop and Bestbuy stock 1 or 2 copies of games in french

and it has never caused an issue.

Edited by jblackrupert

In the 8 years I've been in Canada I have been taught to hate the French. For the first time, I find a personal reason to actually feel that way. Holy sweet mother.....can they just separate already.

I don't really know what to answer to this... still that for your guidance they tried more than once to split, it's just Canada that won't let them go.

505 games answer to my e-mail:

Thank you for contacting 505 Games!

The Release Date for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is 25th June and you can purchase the game through GAME STOP.

Regards,

Contact forGeneral Enquiry

Enquiry: Are you going to release, in Italy, the stand alone expansion

"ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead"?

If yes, when will be realease and who is the distributor? Halifax?

Thank you.

402 - 420 Silbury Court, Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2AF

Registered in England No. 5660941. 505 Games is a trading name of 505 Games Limited whose registered address is: C/O Preiskel & Co LLP, 5 Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7RD.

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual named or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. You should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail for any purpose. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. If verification is required please request a hard copy version from 505 Games Limited, 402-420 Silbury Court, Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2AF.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

25th June ? So the release date changed from 29.6. to 25.6. or ? :)