Sign in to follow this  
Craig

how to Para jump

I'm in the middle of creating a mission were your team is Parchuted in to the drop zone. How do I make the C130 unload my team without landing?

A few tips on paradrops...

1.slowing the plane down will greatly improve the drop density.. IE you and your squad will land closer together.

2. remember that units leave a vehicle one at a time. if your droping near hostiles you may need to adjust the beginning of the drop sequence to avoid dropping the last few by them selves near enemies to be imediately killed. this can be done by adjust the planes speed or moving the thrigger that initiates the bail-out further back. depending on your mission its up to you to decide whats best.

3. Slow speed aircraft planes (depending on a variety of factors) may be targeted by AA guns and rockets.

4. Im guilty of this goof multiple times, but always remember to put in a trigger to remover the aricraft after it flies a fair distance away... keeping extra vehciles circling around not only makes you look like a sloppy editor, but also wastes PC resources to keep "tracking" that aditional vehicle

Here's a quicke mission I wrote that uses the eject.sqf script.

It's called when C130 reaches the third waypoint.

The C130 and Pilot are then deleted from the game at 4th waypoint.

Your Paras Group are all loaded into the C130 by the init line on the Fireteam Leader.

Your group is called Paras

C130J plane is called C130

GOGOGO! Mission

This might help you

Have you ever considered to search this forum? I doubt it, otherwise you would have found dozens of threads where this question has been asked - and answered before.

It's not that jumping from planes and helicopters is something totally new.