Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

The airport texture

Hi there, spritz island is growing and now i'm facing with the creation of my airport, and i've some questions for you, guys:

Default textures shows runway heads with 33/15 painted. One opportunity is to rotate my airport runway... and the island itself...

I need to have a 18/36 marker on my runway and i'm searching for painted textures from old open projects or A1. Where i can find some airport textures?

Also airport pieces are not working well imho... they don't act as roads, keypoint are not well placed and... i've some problems. There is somewhere a working runway package, also from A1?

Second question is: where f****ng is the airport tarmac texture? the white tarmac with squares... i've searched everywhere (i've found some interesting objects and fences that will be included in the next release of world tools or, more probably, published as downloadable config file).

Thank you guys :)

I've imported A1 pieces since bunch of stuff is missing in A2. Along with numbers. You know what is funny? That even that empty/invisible road from roads2.pbo is not working properly, it doesn't snap together so wheels hit little dirt when passing in between two pieces ;)

So I guess even A1 invisible road acts better than A2. You have to place it along all taxiways, runways and pads.

@ Icebreakr et. al...

The A2 invisible road pieces - or at least some of them - DO actually install successfully into the road networks tool - which will snap them together neatly and should avoid those "microridges"...

B

I believe that painting the right figures on the airport runway need some Addon making job in order to get an alternative texture.

So on my side, I have chosen the easy way, turning the island so it will fit in ^^.

For a change I have also used the runwayold_40_main and runwayold_80_dirt objects in order to have runways made of concrete slabs ... without any marking.

To get rid of the clutters showing through the runway I have use Icebrk method in laying empty road under the runway, but I have somewhat enhanced the method using a double layer of empty road slightly shifted forward. For a wide runway ... use 2 empty road strips side by side , it works ^^. So it doesn't matter if the parts are not glued ;)

Edited by Old Bear

In my SANDS terrain release you'll see a tarmac Cross-Road.

It was a custom runway bit I made and included inside the released addon.

Easy enough to do.

I've also added "auto lock-on" points to the p3d's of invisible road bits and other roads/runways that didn't have them. It makes it much easier to lay in Visitor that way.

Note, this makes it easy for just lining up bits for Visitor, but you DONT need to push these "lockon" modified p3ds through to your addon. Its not nessisary (unless the bits never existed in ArmA2).