Sign in to follow this  
MirindoR

editing domination

i've played a lot of domination maps, i was thinking i wanted to put some f16's in a duala domination and have a go at bombing the towns;

Its usually hard to get your hands on some aircraft on public servers so i wanted to do it in local, with some new aircraft.

i've downloaded and played a number of domi missions from public servers but i don't know how to edit them, nor can i host any of them on multiplayer, they're not between my missions.

how can i do this? thx

First of all you need to find the mission file, it's a .pbo file usually in your mission cache if you've played it, but it's better to download the pack from the dev-heaven website.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/activity

The you need to unpack the PBO file and start editing files. If you're using XP, kegetys cPBO is excellent.

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

I use notepad++ to edit files.

If you want to have the F16 as a prize vehicle, look for bonus vehicle arrays in i_common. You'll see how it all works once you look in these files.

cant i just open it in the editor and place everything in there?

cant i just open it in the editor and place everything in there?

No, most things are done by scripting :)

Hi, sorry to tag onto this post, but I've done all thats listed, gone into the editor, editted the parts that I wanted to, save, exported to multi missions, played it, and nothing is there, I go back to the editor, and still nothing is there... Anyone else having this problem?

Hi, sorry to tag onto this post, but I've done all thats listed, gone into the editor, editted the parts that I wanted to, save, exported to multi missions, played it, and nothing is there, I go back to the editor, and still nothing is there... Anyone else having this problem?

If you for example edit the script that decide which vehicles you get as bonus vehicles you wont see them in the editor, they will be created with the "createVehicle" command when you have earned them :)

I think my post may have been ambiguous, I mean, if I wanted there to be say 5 M1A1's and 3 LAV's available at the start, I'd add them in the editor, save it, play it, and they aren't there atall. Going back to the editor, and they don't appear there either, even after saving. :(

i don't want to change bonus vehicles or meddle with scripts in a mile-long text file; i'm asking how i open a mission on the editor so i can place a few things. i would have no idea on how to get f16 scripts anyway.

i don't want to change bonus vehicles or meddle with scripts in a mile-long text file; i'm asking how i open a mission on the editor so i can place a few things. i would have no idea on how to get f16 scripts anyway.

First of all you need to decompile/extract the mission, or download the original mission from dev heaven which i think includes work files.

Place the decompiled/extracted mission in(Domination.Chernarus or whatever it's named):

C:\Documents and Settings\Your windows profile name\My Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions

Then start ArmA 2 go to MultiPlayer->New. Here select the island which probably is Chernarus, under that island select the mission(blue text) which is most likely named something like "co@40 DomiA2! ACE West Revive" or something similar to that and press edit. Now you have it opened so place whatever vehicles you like and press save and select "export to multiplayer misssions".

When in mission editor you can press on the Intel text in the upper right corner, in the menu popping up you can see a text field named "Name", thats the name of the mission when compiled that you see in the mission browser list.

How do you change the vehicles when you complete the side missions?

In domination 2.17 in OA i constantly get the same vehicles after completing a side mission, although i love the Tusk, i must admit that i dont really need 10 of them :)

A little diversity is always good.

No offense to Xeno ofcourse, but if i can change them a bit myself, it would approve the gameplay.

Not adviseable to remove intro cam. I masks the startingup of many scripts when joining. Think it's controlled within the description.ext. (And it gives the proper credits to the original builder :-) )

Not adviseable to remove intro cam. I masks the startingup of many scripts when joining. Think it's controlled within the description.ext. (And it gives the proper credits to the original builder :-) )

Agreed. What I did instead of removing the intro as a whole, I simply shortened it from something around its original 18 seconds to a mere 6-7 seconds. Some is controlled through the description.ext, but not what you are looking for. Go into the intro file x_client\x_intro.sqf and mess with the sleep times and move around the camera commands/finds. In doing this you may have to edit other things as well to make it all sync up, so just be cautious and note your edits.