Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Operation Cobalt

[shamelessPlug]

The 2010 Community Awards are now live, along with a Best Mission / Campaign Of The Year category...

... ;)

[/shamelessPlug]

Thanks for an awesome 2010, guys! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this campaign, nor Blood On The Sand, nor any of my other missions would have been possible without your support. :D

might vote for this. have not played anything better then this campaign. add in some voice actings and this mod will be better than BIS'S own single player content.

I am playing the campaign now and enjoying every minute of it. The immersion factor is big as you "feel" there's a serious war going on around you.

Can't wait for your other creations, great job!

Looking forward to Blood on the Sand too. It will be nice to see updated Cobalt as well, because I stopped playing it due to some stuff working differently from how it was originally (I assume so at least) due to subsequent patches and OA changing some stuff in AI routines. Also I think forcing scoped weapons on players was uncalled for when Chernarus is mostly about forests and barely any open areas. The lack of medics with custom wound dressing instead was also noticeable

Edited by metalcraze

As I said before, it's quite likely Cobalt will be updated once Blood On The Sand is released. I too have noticed the changes to Arma 2 since I made it have broken some parts, plus there are many new features OA and the subsequent DLC added that I can add to it (they're already in Blood On The Sand), as well as fixes to my own work and "optimizations" using my increased scripting knowledge.

As for the scoped weapons, it's been made a part of the storyline for Novak to be the squad's marksman, and I found through my own play-testing that having a scope for most missions works a lot better than no sights, or crappy Kobra ones. Maybe I'll see if I can work in an optional non-scoped AK variant.

Of course, the changes will make it require Combined Operations, but I imagine that most people have that anyways. So yes, I'd say it's a safe bet to expect an updated version of Operation Cobalt after Blood On The Sand. ;)

Woot! Just played Operation Cobalt. I am definitely giving this campaign a big two thumbs up. :ok:

Totally first class work and deserves to be voted the best mission/campaign of the year imo.

For anyone that hasn't already tried this campaign it's definitely worth downloading and trying out.

We're looking forward to Blood on the Sand.

I didn't see anything in there as to the BEST SP PLAYER of the year.

-that would be me, by the way-

Excellent campaign Zipper5! This and Ante Portas by EMSI are my favourite campaigns, great job!

Thanks, guys. I'm delighted to see that people are still enjoying this after releasing it what seems like an eternity ago. It means a whole lot to me. Thanks again. :)

Thanks, guys. I'm delighted to see that people are still enjoying this after releasing it what seems like an eternity ago. It means a whole lot to me. Thanks again. :)

Ahh just finished the campaign! It was very well put together.. tbh at the beginning I thought it would be just the CDF side, glad it wasn't :) Wished there were more missions though. Anyway.. good job! :rthumb:

Edited by Kenwort

Well guys, you did it. Operation Cobalt has successfully been nominated for Best Mission / Campaign Of The Year 2010! To celebrate I decided to bring the release of the promised update forward to today as my way of saying thank you to the fans. So, say hello to

Changelog:

Combined Operations:

- Now requires, and is compatible with, Arma 2: Combined Operations

- Added a new mission: Revelations

- Added the new field dressing script

- Added loading screen images

- Added more life to each mission and cutscene (civilians, cars, animals, animations, etc.)

- Fixed typos

- Removed cinematic borders from cutscenes

- Operation Cobalt: Fixed intro shot of Reynolds running

- Traitors: Lowered volume of radio song

- It's Down to This: Improved, again, the time limit scripting and conditions

- Credits: Fixed Novak's car being out of the frame

- Credits: Fixed Novak not sitting on his car

- Epilogue: James Stephen now has the proper identity setting

- Epilogue: CDF units replaced with UN units

- Many other minor fixes

Thank you to everyone who's been supportive and helped me along the way. So much has changed since I released this campaign, and I wouldn't want it any other way! Also, don't forget to vote again for Operation Cobalt to win the Best Mission / Campaign Of The Year 2010 award by submitting your votes here!

Edited by Zipper5

Missed this, must try :)

I guess its not MP compatible?

Nice, thanks for this one:)

however the first mission gets really annoying to the end. my squad is searching trough the whole village for 30 minutes because of the S&D Wp´s, there is only one BMP behind the church which nobody wants to kill. id suggest to use only move WP´s for this. if you dont acclerate time you will have to search the villag for 30 minutes without any contact.

i just acclerated time to end the mission, but for some reason the squadleader doesnt move anymore on the last WP. Is that maybe cause of the BMP is alive?

It was because of the BMP, was hiding behind the church, after searching for a RPG and killing it the mission ended=)

Edited by Coffeecat

I concur. It's rare that I will play any mission more than once, let alone a whole campaign :) From what I've seen so far, nice enhancements, field dressing, I like the cutscene after the first battle. Look forward to your next campaign :clap:

Hotfix 1 has already had to be released! Thanks to AZCoder for reporting the missing Functions module in the first mission. One always overlooks the first mission as one would typically expect it to be flawless. My mistake. :o

How many files I need to download? campaign + hotfix or just the campaign?

Only one file. This one. It's not really possible for hotfixes for campaigns to work the same way that hotfixes for addons do. :p

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries Zipper5.. Thanks for the new release, hope your campaign bag the community award.

Wow Zipper5 the re-release was truly outstanding! The campaign was flawless and lots of fun.

I only wish I could have flown back to base after handing over Lopotev, but I can't really call that a flaw. I was just enjoying flying in that weather.

I can't say thank you enough. I hope you are around a long time creating missions for Arma.

Thank you, Khugan. I really appreciate the support. :)

As for continuing to make missions, I'll be doing it for the foreseeable future, so no worries there. ;)