Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Operation Cobalt

Czech voice actors probably verges on impossible (ironic considering this game is Czech, no? :p ), but Russians might be able to be found at Flashpoint.ru, SARMAT, etc. yet could still prove problematic as I'm not sure if they could also speak English, as some of the Chernarussian and Russian characters speak two languages. However, I do have an opening for Mark Reynolds, the main American character.

If this is at all increasing anyone's interest again, feel free to view this post of mine. If you want to apply, the same instructions still stand. ;)

Here is a list of Czech speaking BI community members i know that are active. I would send them PMs instead of waiting for them to contact you (i have used the search tool on the members page, filtering for Czech under the location...might be more)

Cole

Myshaak

5133p39

fighter

resistance-rat

Sumrak

Mr.Wolf

Regarding Russian speaking lads, RHS members all speak Russian (besides myself :(, and most if not all speak english as well), SARMAT, etc etc. I guess that could be solved

Thanks for that, Pufu. :D

Cole has actually already offered his voice acting services to me, but he's been the only one so far. I'll see if I can get in contact with others when I have some time. ;)

Thanks for that, Pufu. Cole has actually already offered his voice acting services to me, but he's been the only one so far. I'll see if I can get in contact with others when I have some time. ;)

Perhaps you can go the way of the old Red Hammer campaign and get British (English) voice actors to do the Russian roles? There's a lot of British/English voice actors in this community. :D

Been playing this for about an hour or so, it is indeed a very very well made campaign. What i am missing, and would love to see that changed is the lack of voice acting.

I know you had this thought over, and you were looking for voice actors, I just am not sure if you even think about updating it anymore. Again, congrats on this jobbie.

Agreed. This looks like it could've come from BIS itself. Very high quality and well made, with good production values.

Edited by Laqueesha

I'm just worried that bad voice acting might ruin the experience in some way. I know that it does detract somewhat to hear the voice acting in the official missions, I wouldn't want the same thing here just for the sake of having them. I guess it's just a fine line to tread. :butbut:

Thanks for the comments! :D

For some reason, on the mission where you're supposed to capture Lopotev, he won't board the helicopter for some reason. I got annoyed and shot him, ending the mission and showing South Zagoria getting nuked.

For me the final mission was quite a ride.

Got the information about Loppy's whereabouts in the farthest possible village, then raced the BMP through forests avoiding trees and sailed to Skalisty, cleared the place, found Lop, commandeered the helicopter and speedlanded at Altar with less than five seconds left in the deadline, almost running over some of the Russians when skidding on the ground. :cool:

Also, on the last level, it's nearly impossible for me to get my men to board the two boats that get to the island. :confused:

It's quite odd how Lopotev is refusing to board the helicopter. Can you tell if he's getting stuck, or if he's moving around but just won't get in? I can honestly say I've never had that problem, but with the many patch releases between v1.01 of this campaign and now, something's likely to have changed.

About the boats; are your guys also refusing to board them despite there being more than enough space, or is the issue you are running out of space? The idea was that, in fact. You can't take all of your team on the boats with you, so you'll have to choose wisely.

If you begin to find it too difficult, try using the hints I've included which you can activate via the radio. You might find some very helpful tidbits of information. ;)

I will do voice acting for American peoples.

We needz moar oldar peeps with deeper voicez. ;)

Thanks Bink. ;)

I think the way I'm going to go for it if I do actually decide to include voice acting is to release BOTS fully voice acted first, and then after that, if the voice actors are willing, do the same for Cobalt. I've also decided that the best course of action now is for me to seek out English speakers who can at least do a "foreign" accent. :p

If anyone else is at all interested, send me a PM.

I forgot to mention that I have a good Russian guy I do. At least i think it is. ;)

OFPEC has at long last published their much anticipated (for me, at least :p ) review! You can find it here.

Thanks to savedbygrace and all the guys at OFPEC for taking the time to review it! :D

Awesome job on the campaign Zipper5! It's hands down the best campaign I've played in Arma2.

Zipper5 will you be updating this campaign for OA?

My congrats Zipper

scoring an 8 on OFPEC is an outstanding result.

keep it up

kind regards

Looking forward to Blood On The Sand - it looks top.

Just wanna say. I love how you start as a fresh recruit and the cutscenes are great. Also the stealth mission was awesome. Dodging patrols and attacking the towns were pretty cool. This campaign with Vopsound and warfx = awesome!

This campaign with Vopsound and warfx = awesome!

Not to forget ACE and BD Tracerlights. :)