Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Operation Cobalt

Really looking forward to 1.01 then! very professional campaign your doing here! maybe if Arma 2 ever gets re-released as a game of the year edition or something they should include your campaign on the disc (and reward you handsomely of course!:p )

Cool ok i will try that. what i was doing was pressing teh space bar next to a medic and choosing "heal" or something along those lines and the medic diddnt do a thing

Yea i just restarted it and it worked.

Anyways i just did the mission where you have to clear out enemies in a castle and there was a few bugs. first bug i encountered was that after we cleared out the enemies in the hill filled with trees, the whole friendly AI teams just stood there! i went off on my own to attack the castle up the hill and noticed how none of the enemies were attacking me!

once i cleared it, the american ai's came along to the castle and the mission was finished

You had it easy. I keep dying somehow mostly later though and I never encountered such bugs in the castle mission

Hey mate. Just finished your campagin, and i really enjoyed it. However there are a few things i would like to ask/suggest:

1: Are the two endings for the last mission?

2: In the last mission i couldnt find any of the informnts or any info on loptevs where abouts? (I even used the hints thingy)

Apart from that last thing the campagin was great. Had a great story line and was one hell of a ride! makes me want to go and make a campagin lol. THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK!

This campaign is simply excellent - Zipper you clearly are a gifted storyteller!

However, I would be cautious about the importance of voice acting. The script you have written is brilliantly clear and full of impact, using amateur voice-actors could possibly lessen the emotional impact rather than increase it.

I don't mean to be negative here, but I have played so many computer games which have been let down by stilted, wooden acting, even from professional actors (anyone remember Privateer 2:the Darkening?). IMHO it can actually be better to just use text and let our imaginations do the rest...

Of course it's your decision, but if you really want voice-acting I would advise you to audition lots of actors until you find someone who really brings the right feel to the part...

Anyway, as I said this campaign is wonderful, you have really managed to bring the best out of the Arma2 world, I am having a total blast with this (and I never usually play SP at all).

Thanks for your hard work.

Mandrake

1: Are the two endings for the last mission?

Yes, there are two endings. If you succeed in the mission you get the good ending. If you fail the mission in any way you get the bad ending.

2: In the last mission i couldnt find any of the informnts or any info on loptevs where abouts? (I even used the hints thingy)

The existence of the informants is also randomized, so they may or may not be there. If they still exist after the randomizing you should find them in the radius of the marker.

I see what you mean Mandrake, and don't worry. I will be trying my hardest to make it so the voice acting quality of the campaign is of higher standards, if I get any applications. So far the counter for that is still at 0. :(

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm very happy to see that you're enjoying it as much as you are, and that my 6 months of work paid off. :D

6 Months? Wow thats really along time.

I suceeded in the last Mission, got to the point in the last Second^^

Great campaign, however, the second I try to save (or the game autosaves) in the last mission, I CTD. I will do some research as to why - could just be my system.

Hints for next time:

Voice acting please.

That is all. Well done. :)

6 Months? Wow thats really along time.

Yup, it was. Trying to make your campaign as good as possible all on your own takes almost too long. :butbut:

However, I also went through many design changes in that 6 month period, as well as periods of not touching it.

Great campaign, however, the second I try to save (or the game autosaves) in the last mission, I CTD. I will do some research as to why - could just be my system.

That is odd. Never happened to me, and you're the first to report it. It is a fairly taxing mission, though. Perhaps it's the infamous save game bug?

Hints for next time:

Voice acting please.

Yeah, I'm working on it. Not got any offers so far, but I've been able to fill the role of the American HQ with myself. :p

That is all. Well done. :)

Thanks mate, means a lot. :)

Just finished it with Vanilla - problem wasn't your campaign, probably some kind of VMem overflow due to my billions d'addons. Ending was good fun, I made it with about 15 minutes to spare thanks to some handy DIY BMP forest driving.

Keep me posted next time you crank a mission/campaign out, I'd be happy to give it a bash for you.

Well guys, I haven't gotten any other offers for voice acting since I posted about it, and with OA just around the corner, I figured I'd just release v1.01 without the voices so you guys can at least have the missions a bit more bug-free. See the first post for the updates.

With OA's release I doubt I'll be working on this any more unless people find other issues or serious ones, which, since they haven't been found yet, I hope they don't exist. :p Instead I'll be moving on to my next project focusing completely on OA.

Currently on the Mission named 'South of the Crossroads' I think. Loving this mini campaign though, great work man! Got to ask though, I notied you just released an update, but if I update the campaign I will lose my saved data on it right? Like my progress in the campaign and what not?

Got to ask though, I notied you just released an update, but if I update the campaign I will lose my saved data on it right? Like my progress in the campaign and what not?

Hm... I'm not sure. Give it a shot, you might find it works despite the change. I can't guarantee it, though. Haven't tested it myself.

He could also backup the campaign folder

under his user name in the ARMA system directory.

I am not sure if this is a campaign error but I can not use earplugs in the campaign.

Although they are given to me in the gears I can not use them, they are not even there in the menu.

The thing is -> I set my config correctly and can use them in the editor etc.

Mh... :-/ Any tips?

Thank you a lot in advance!

The best tip is not to use ACE. The campaign was designed for vanilla A2.

Hah! Okay, then I just try not to shoot with the LMG too much. :D

Gotta say... I dont want to play anything without ACE anymore...

Thank you a lot for your tip!

I am not sure if this is a campaign error but I can not use earplugs in the campaign.

Although they are given to me in the gears I can not use them, they are not even there in the menu.

The thing is -> I set my config correctly and can use them in the editor etc.

Mh... :-/ Any tips?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Same thing for me. Tbh I hated the MG so I took the first dead guys weapon and the issue was fixed for me. Apart from that the campaign, although made for vanilla ArmA2, works very fine when using ACE2.

Absolutely love the campaign. Have recorded most of the "Operation Cobalt" mission, links are on the way as soon I upload that 2GB son of a...

I am in the last huge open mission now. The 30min limit is hard though! It took me forever to clear out a village to find that informant just to find out there is none. :-D

And when I found him I had no more time to get to da choppa!

Thanks for your reply Zipper5, I backed up my 1.00 and tried the 1.01 to see if I could continue my progress, but unfortunately I couldn't do so. So I'm going to complete the rest of the campaign anyway, as I've had not a single hitch as it is! Then I'll update it to 1.01 or a newer update if it's available!

South of the crossroads, seems to be the most difficult mission so far for me :)

Cheers

thanks for the campaign zipper!

pretty cool story and cutscenes.

now i started the campaign with 1.01 and got a issue on the first mission.

i cleaned the town with my squad, all are dead. still after that im getting a search and destroy WP beyond the town near the farm.

squad is still in danger mode, which is very annoying. i did faster time 4x and im allready waiting and sticking to my leader searching the cleared town for enemys in dangermode. not a bug at all, but maybe you want to rework the WPS. guess instead of a Search a Destroy WP just a move WP and not using danger mode so much, since the AI is changing allready pretty fast in it if they see enemys.

i was wrong, its a bug. some trigger seems to fail. after this search and destroy WP my leader ist just lying around and the missions is not ending. i also searched for enemys, didnt find any..

Edited by Himmelsfeuer