Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Operation Cobalt

Zipper5 are you going to make anymore campaigns?

Just finished it.

Yep, definetly one of the best user made campaigns.

Professional storytelling and overall very polished.

Thanks!

Zipper5 are you going to make anymore campaigns?

Well, finish playing the campaign and, if you do it right, you should get your answer. ;)

Have you got any ideas of what senarios you will do next?

Are you looking forward to Arrowhead - and creating a campaign for that one?

Well, finish playing the campaign and, if you do it right, you should get your answer. ;)

Quoted for truth. :p

A really good campaign.

Many of the mission where not to short, not to long and didnt contain to much pointless boring stuff.

Some critical points as well (contains spoilers!).

-Intro mission, introducing the characters could have been a bit more involving. I felt like it was, go here, bla bla end. What did he say? Where am I? I think it should have been a slower introduction where the player chosed the passing.

-Ending, or the bad ending if there where more. The nuke seemed a bit overkill. You are doing all this small conflict stuff, nothing really big, and suddenly out of the blue without any mentioning the threat the place is like nuked? Didnt seem realistic taken the conflict into account. The story held its own without it.

-Time limit. I guess it was because of the story, but it should have been implementation differently. When I got the message. You have 5 mins left I thought. No way I can make that. Why not just turn around now and save my mens lives... It would have made more sense to have a time limit from the start, or capturing him and THEN being told "Good job, but its too late." That way it would interfere with the mission structure and becoming a Rush Rambo ending.

My2cent. :)

The nuke is following the original Harvest Red plot. In one of the bad endings Chernarus gets nuked by the Russians because they weren't convinced NAPA weren't the terrorists and viewed the NAPA & CDF attacks on the Russian forces to be a direct threat to Russia as a country. That's why I had it there.

Thanks for the feedback, JojoTheSlayer. I'll look into improving it if I can. :)

I'm proud of have been one of your beta testers, Zip! (even though only for the first 2 missions)! ;)

I'll try the complete campaign out right now!!

Thanks for your hard work, man!!

Thank god I didn't play it since you redone the campaign. I'd spoil all the epic fun :(

This gets 9.8/10 from me for sure! Epic quality down to the last motherfuckin detail.

"But why 9.8?" you ask?

Because the remaining 0.2 is reserved for when the voice acting gets added :P

Also, I'd like to add that I'm running ArmA with ACE and ACEX (beta builds) and there's no ACE conflicts so far!

Edited by Cole

I can't find the last Chedaki in Sobor Line mission, I've tried ten times at least and I can't progress because I can't find him....Anywhere. I've searched houses, streets, behind every building, bushes, everywhere. :(

If you can't get it to progress, you can always try restarting the mission. If you don't want to do that, then use the E-N-D-M-I-S-S-I-O-N cheat. Sorry about that, I'll try and see if I can get it to work better than I've already tried.

I can't find the last Chedaki in Sobor Line mission, I've tried ten times at least and I can't progress because I can't find him....Anywhere. I've searched houses, streets, behind every building, bushes, everywhere. :(

The first couple of times the same thing happened to me and I found that if you let your team lead the way you breeze through the mission, at least it did for me. Most excellent campaign Zipper. Can't wait for next one.

Thanks for the kind words, Fishercat, as well as anyone else here who I haven't thanked yet. :)

Best campaign in Arma 2 until further notice.

Zipper id have to agree with celery, if you got this voice acted, this would be fuckin sick. What i liked best was at the begining of the assault the castle russian mission, the tune from OFP played. That was just the icing on the top of the campaign ha.

Very good campaign,loved to play it.

Just a question:is there only 1 ending?not a bad one and a good one?

There is indeed a bad ending as well.

Thanks Zipper. I immensely enjoyed playing the beta a while back so I am looking forward to playing this when I get home.

This is a awesome campaign.

- Great story/perspective and worked out nicely with cut scenes

- Balanced missions with fast action

- Not encountered any bugs even playing it with Ace and other mods

As said earlier the only thing lacking are voices. I hope this is planned and that people step up and support u with it. I would if i didn't talk English that bad :)

Like I said before I loved this campaign and I was wondering if anyone knew of similar types of missions or campaigns where you are not the leader. I, for the most part, suck at leading my squad and really enjoyed being able to just concentrate on finding cover and shooting. Thanks for any input in advance.

Thanks again for the kind words, guys. As I said before, I am still looking for voice actors, but so far got no hits.

If you want or are able to voice act for the campaign please contact me via PM. I'm looking for Czech, Russian and American voice actors, and at least one of both the Czech and Russian voice actors have to speak English. :)

The nuke is following the original Harvest Red plot. In one of the bad endings Chernarus gets nuked by the Russians because they weren't convinced NAPA weren't the terrorists and viewed the NAPA & CDF attacks on the Russian forces to be a direct threat to Russia as a country. That's why I had it there.

Thanks for the feedback, JojoTheSlayer. I'll look into improving it if I can. :)

Ah k. Didnt know that.

If you can't get it to progress, you can always try restarting the mission. If you don't want to do that, then use the E-N-D-M-I-S-S-I-O-N cheat. Sorry about that, I'll try and see if I can get it to work better than I've already tried.

Is is possible to have a long ass timed bluefor area trigger that basically tells that if bluefor is in the ending area for a unreasonable amount of time. Like way over the amount of time the average or slow player would use. That the trigger basically tells all remaining opfor in that area to move to the player. Ergo forcing the, usually, lone wolf to get into contact? Or maybe its not that simple :D.

Great campaign. Should come shipped with A2, beats the default campaign by a mile IMO.

One suggestion:

I've played the "Retaliation" missions 3 different times now, and each time all the Russians get mowed down very shortly into the assault on the castle, leaving me and the invincible commander alone for a long while until he eventually disposes of the NAPA guys.

It kinda breaks immersion knowing that he can't die. I would suggest adding another Russian squad or enlarging the current ones, and making the commander mortal. Or maybe add some air support during the siege.

I play on expert with friendly and enemy AI at 1.0, don't know if that affects the outcome.

Anyways, good job.