Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

Do you feel your Arma2 is too dull or colorless? Then this may interest you.

Have you ever felt that what you see in the game feels lifeless or dull? Are the colors in your game very desaturated and lacking in rich..coloring?

This can easily be solved by tinkering with the Gamma and Brightness sliders in video options, letting you adjust the darkness and richeness of certain things, used in junction you can gain the richness of the Gamma and adjust things to not be too dark with Brightness.

You will not suffer more HDR from this, it will be the same but it may be more noticeable since you are using different settings, you should not suffer any performance issues either.

If you believe the game lacks color and it feels too dull or lifeless because of it then try the Value sliders, then go have a stroll in Chernarus you will see a vast difference.

For reference my current favored values are 1.1 Brightness and 0.9 Gamma, if you use any modified values and would like to share them please do since no one value set will work for everyone given we all use different settings and types of monitors.

Nice tip thanks, never messed with those sliders until now

The vanilla in that vid seems the clearest and most colorful to me but a vid really dont the game itself any justice, but where is this mod at? Armaholic?

That's really a version with all the features enabled, as opposed to the version that only enables the palette effect. Here's the one used in the video:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34868

"Theres alot in the package, extract wherever, then drag the files from the pallete only folder to where your executable is (main folder). then just switch out the pallets. pretty easy"

So I read the whole thread from froggyluv, dont seem its gone anywhere anyways. idk.

then I looked at your link c4p1t4l

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloa...e.php?id=34868

and all i see is stuff for fallout 3 which I had the game when it first came out, couldn't get into it but this works for Arma2CO 1.59?

and what exactly does it do or add to your game if it does work, color?

well considering I been a member of the nexus reference or whatever ts called since Oblivion came out, i suppose I'll look into it.

I'll report back if anything works or its doing something amazing.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Back, after dowloading and reading the documentation, I installed the

Enhanced Shaders Full what this does is it effects your

color,

bloom,

depth of field,

illumination, and many other things.

I got to say at first I was like WTF, and then I got ingame and was austruck at the detail and depth of everything, things coming out like I never seen them before.

I went into the ini file and tweaked some things, and oh man I got to say, you guys have got to get this! :bounce3:

You can easily turn it on and off by holding down shift and then hitting f12, well i turned it on and off after the tweaks i made and my reg game went from dull,

grey, washed out to,

this rich, colorful, detailed, saturated, in depth,focused, clear, and sharp, look and feel, turn the thing off at this point would be pointless, lol

I can upload the full downloaded version for you guys if you want it otherwise you'll have to register on the link in the previous post to get it.

Dont know if screenshots will do anything but I suppose i can try, maybe a video of what i have setup turning it on and off, you guys can see.

I will be back in the afternoon and post some.

Hi Günter,

would be really nice if you could upload/link the full download here.

I´d love to try this mod but don´t feel like registering on yet another forum right now :p

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Günter

I too would like to try this

Glad you liked it Günter! I was on my way to prepare a purely Arma release, that would only have the palette feature enabled, but it seems you're happy with the whole package :)

Concerning screenshots, i would gladly make some, if you could tell me how, since the way steam takes them =doesn't seem to work :confused:

How does it relate to FXAA?

It should be possible to offer the additional feature as part of FXAA too, right?

I made a version consisting of only the palette files:

https://wvrsbw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pI8V4J41Kg5YBW3Jbb4UsYYZSCed60zbZO0PjRBz1PMcLJ7u1s84XdoGMUNnb00wabo36dTcnW25DQ4DIk1iU6M8CYUFj7qi8/Arma%20II%20Enhanced%20Shaders.rar?download&psid=1

(right click -> save as)

Günter - is there any fps hit with all the features enabled?

EDIT: adding some srceens just to illustrate the palette effect, though i use my own palette you can add any kind of tone you like to your game, i personally prefer the OFP: DR kind of feel (yeah i know, don't hate me :D):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/screen1cp.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/screen2is.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/screen3vt.jpg/

Edited by c4p1t4l

Hey guys sorry for the late reply was sleeping Im running on 3rd shift mode, lol

anyways

Hi Günter,

would be really nice if you could upload/link the full download here.

Yes definatley will do, I will have it for you this afternoon after i get a couple of errands done, then i'll be back have a download and maybe a vid.

You guys will love (excuse my language but)F**king mod or whatever it is, lol

Günter - is there any fps hit with all the features enabled?

I havent noticed any, but Im used to running my game with the video settings on the bottom as I have a

AMD single core 2.6 cpu with Gefore gtx 285, 2 gigs ramm, & 750 psu, and my performance is no different then if I ran without it, which is fairly decent.

If you have at least a duel core or better, and or have high specs, this program from what i read will only make your game even better!

I only tested it with one inf squad againted 3 in a small area on Takistan and the game ran smooth, I've ye to try it out on other

maps and with more forces, I think it will be alright, in the ini file that come with it, and you can tweak your game while ingame :rolleyes:

I like that feature, theres like codes for bloom, and color, and all sorts of stuff but with the notes beside these code it tells you if you

increase this to a certain number that it could effect performance.

this is ausome! It gave me a new game with features that the game should have had already! :459: once you get this going :computer:

I'll be back with the download and a vid for you guys.

Günter - just tried it with full features enabled, and to be honest, i didn't notice any difference than when running the palette file only :confused:. Could it be that it doesn't activativate all the features, just the aforementioned?

Ok guys back, got little busy but I uploaded it to my host:

FNV_Enhanced_Shaders-34868.zip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=STM3X4DJ

Find this folder:

_Enhanced Shaders Full

and put everything in that folder into your Arma2 directory.

Günter - just tried it with full features enabled, and to be honest, i didn't notice any difference than when running the palette file only .

Could it be that it doesn't activativate all the features, just the aforementioned?

Didn't notice any difference?!

in the full version they should all be running, consider your video settings too, turn off AA, I have every setting as

low as I can get it except basic shaders only because my cpu is single core so i need my performance, but it works for me.

seriously changed my game, but play with the ini file:

just read the notes for the codes.

I have for me the depth of field, the color correction, no pallet needed, lighting ect,.

I would have a video for you guys but its going to take me 2 hrs to upload it and I have no more time tonight to do that,

ill do it when I get home from work in the morning.

If I were you I'd uninstall everything you got then just install the files for the full version, tweak the ini file seen below.

1. get ingame start a game (editor for me),

2. hit shift +f12 to turn off the program as it starts up on default,

3. alt tab out of the game,

4. go to ini file, make your tweaks, changes or whatever,

5. save it,

6. go back ingame turn the thing back on by hitting shift +f12, that is hold 7. shift, and then press F12

8. turn the program on and off and you should notice a difference, and walk around by buildings and foliage.

Ini file you can tweak, read the notes for each code, its self explanatory.

ENBseries.ini

// Annotated ENBseries.ini file for the 'Enhanced Shaders for Fallout New Vegas' mod - Version Delta F - Full Install. 
Each comment shows the possible values for each item, as well as the default vaule in parentheses.  Lines without any 
comments are either not used for this mod, or have no function at all in the game.  Feel free to experiment.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0		// 
InitProxyFunctions=1		// 
ProxyLibrary=			//
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=1			// 0,1 - (1) Setting this to 1 will enable the mod by default when the game is started.  
AlternativeDepth=1			// 0,1 - (1) Determines the method used to caluculate depth-based effects.  Setting to 0 generally produces unwanted artifacts.
AllowAntialias=1			// 0,1 - (1) Meant to allow in-game AA to work with this mod, but does not.  However, this setting is required for this mod's DoF and SSAO to work.
BugFixMode=0			// 0,1,2,3,4,5 - (0) Sets alternate methods for rendering HDR textures.  Try different settings when troubleshooting.
SkipShaderOptimization=0		// 0,1 - (0) If set to 1, generally means epic-fail.
QuadVertexBuffer=0		// (0,1 - 1) At 1, allows rectangle geometry to be drawn from VRAM; at 0, drawn from system RAM.  Set to 0 if experiencing issues.
EnableShaders_3_0=1		// 0,1 - (1) Allows Shader Model 3.0 effects to be used.  Try setting to 0 if your GPU does not support SM3.
AdditionalConfigFile=		// 0,1 - Allows loading of an additional ENBseries.ini file
UseMRTRendering=0		// 0,1 - (0) Set to 1, this enables alternate rendering technique (?)  Bad results in Fallout New Vegas.
CyclicConfigReading=True		// True or False - (True) When true, the changes made to this document will be loaded into the game in real-time!     Works best in 'Windowed' mode.
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=0			// 0,1 - (1) Enables Bloom effect by default
EnableOcclusion=1			// 0,1 - (0) Disables Occlusion effect by default - You must also use the AA Compatibility ESP file to allow this effect to work along with Anti-Aliasing!
EnableReflection=1			// 0,1 - (0) Has no effect on FNV Gamebryo engine, even if enabled
EnableMotionBlur=0		// 0,1 - (0) Disables MotionBlur effect by default.  Note: this effect has strange blur/bloom effect on FNV Gamebryo engine if enabled.  Does not add motion blur effect.
EnableWater=1			// 0,1 - (0) Has no effect on FNV Gamebryo engine, even if enabled
EnableShadow=1			// 0,1 - (0) Has no effect on FNV Gamebryo engine, even if enabled
DepthBias=500			// 0 to 1000 - (0) Adjusts bias for calculating depth-based effects.  Range 0-1000
EnableDepthOfField=1		// 0,1 - (1) Enables Depth of Field effect by default - You must also use the AA Compatibility ESP file to allow this effect to work along with Anti-Aliasing!
[iNPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123			// NOTE: This section is meant to allow keymapping of effects, but does not work.  'Shift-F12' always toggles 'All Effects'
KeyBloom=120			// 
KeyOcclusion=121			// 'Shift-F10' always toggles the SSAO effect
KeyReflection=122			//
KeyCombination=16		//
KeyScreenshot=44			// The 'Printscreen' key captures a screenshot in your game's root folder 
KeyShadow=119			//
KeyWater=118			//
KeyShowFPS=106			// The '*' key above your numeric keypad toggles a small FPS counter in the top-left of your screen
[REFLECTION]			// 
ReflectionPower=50		// 
ChromePower=50			// 
UseCurrentFrameReflection=1	// 
ReflectionQuality=0		// 
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50		// 
ReflectionSourceTFactor=10		// 
UseAdditiveReflection=1		// 
ReflectionDepthBias=0		// 
UseLowResReflection=0		// 
ReflectionSinglePass=1		// 
UseEnvBump=1			// 
EnvBumpAmount=50		// 
EnvBumpOffset=50			//
ReflectionFlip=0			//
[bLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=10			// 1 to 100 - (1) Bloom power during the day, dependent on screen brightness.  Daytime is determined 'BloomScreenLevelDay' below.
BloomFadeTime=3200		// 0 to 100000 - (3200) Time in miliseconds for the bloom adaptation to take place in-game when transitioning from light to dark areas and vice versa
BloomConstantDay=1		// 1 to 100 - (1) Constant Bloom power during the day, independent of screen brightness.
BloomQuality=0			// 0, 1, 2 - (0) Quality of Bloom effect, 0 is highest and 2 is lowest
BloomScreenLevelDay=85		// 0 to 100 - (85) Overall brightness level of the screen, in percent, that determines 'Daytime' for the Bloom effect.  Values 'between' day and night levels are interpolated.
BloomCurveDay=1			// -10 to 10 - (1) Gamma correction for bloom during the day.  Higher values mean higher contrast, lower values mean more mid-tones
BloomPowerNight=3		// 1 to 100 - (3) Bloom power during the night, dependent on screen brightness.  Night time is determined 'BloomScreenLevelNight' below.
BloomConstantNight=1		// 1 to 100 - (1) Constant Bloom power during the Night, independent of screen brightness.
BloomCurveNight=3		// -10 to 10 - (3) Gamma correction for bloom during the night.  Higher values mean higher contrast, lower values mean more mid-tones
BloomScreenLevelNight=10		// 0 to 100 - (10) Overall brightness level of the screen, in percent, that determines 'Night time' for the Bloom effect. Values 'between' day and night levels are interpolated.
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=100	// 0 to 100 - (100) Overall brightness level of the screen, in percent, above which the Bloom effect is deactivated.  Should be set higher than 'BloomScreenLevelDay'
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=40	// 0 to 100 - (40) Adjsuts brightness range used for Bloom adaptation.  Setting this to '100' disables adaptation entirely
BloomAllowOversaturation=1		// 0,1 - (1) Setting this to 0 will only apply soft bloom across the image and prevent any 'oversaturation' effect.
BloomMaxLimit=100		// 1 to 100 - (100) Allows you to 'limit' the brightness of the bloom effect.  At 100, the effect is not limited.
[sSAO]				// NOTE: SSAO soft-shadowing is disabled by default in this mod.  To enable, hit Shift-F10 in-game.  You may see some unwanted artifacts at times (i.e .'npc sky ghosts')
			// NOTE:  You must also use the AA Compatibility ESP file to allow SSAO to work along with Anti-Aliasing!
UseFilter=1			// 0, 1 - (1) Enables fitering of the SSAO effect for better quality.  Significant impact on performance.
OcclusionQuality=1			// 0, 1, 2 - (0) Quality of SSAO effect, 0 is highest and 2 is lowest.  Significant impact on performance.
FilterQuality=1			// 0, 1, 2 - (0) Quality of SSAO filtering, 0 is highest and 2 is lowest.  Significant impact on performance.
DarkeningLevel=25			// 0 to 100 - (25) The darkness intensity of the shadows produced by the SSAO effect
BrighteningLevel=75			// 0 to 100 - (0) Amount of object-edge brightening used to balance with the darkness introduced by the SSAO.  Makes objects feel more 'volumetric'. 
IlluminationLevel=25			// 0 to 100 - (0) The amount of indirect lightning applied to surfaces by a 'multiply add function'.  Does not affect dark areas of the screen, high values result in oversaturation
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=25		// 0 to 100 - (0) Amount of geometry-based 'additive illumination' lighting applied to the scene, also affects dark areas of the screen.
UseAmbientOcclusion=1		// 0, 1 - (1) - Enables the soft-shadowing effect.  Must be set to 1 for any SSAO to work. Significant impact on performance.
UseIndirectLighting=0		// 0, 1 - (0) - Enables the ambient lighting.  Must be set to 1 for SSIL (additive illumination) to work. Significant impact on performance.
FadeDistance=80			// 0 to 100 - (70) Determines how far 'into the distance' the SSAO effect is applied.  At low values, the effect is only applied to nearby objects.  Significant impact on performance.
UseForAlphaTest=1			// 0, 1 (1) - UNKNOWN - seems to affect how the SSAO effect is rendered
UseForAlphaBlend=1		// 0, 1 (1) - UNKNOWN - seems to affect how the SSAO effect is rendered
UseIndirectLightning=1
[colorCORRECTION]		// 
DarkeningAmountDay=0		// -100 to 100 (0) How much the image will be darkened during the day, negative values brighten the image.  Daytime is determined 'ScreenLevelDay' below.
ScreenLevelDay=70			// 0 to 100 (70) Overall brightness level of the screen, in percent, that determines 'Daytime'.  Values 'between' day and night levels are interpolated.
DarkeningAmountNight=-50		// -100 to 100 (-50) How much the image will be darkened during the night, negative values brighten the image.  Daytime is determined 'ScreenLevelNight' below.
ScreenLevelNight=2		// 0 to 100 (2) Overall brightness level of the screen, in percent, that determines 'Night time'.  Values 'between' day and night levels are interpolated.
GammaCurveDay=-10		// -10 to 10 - (-1) Gamma correction for overall color the day.  Higher values mean higher contrast, lower values mean more mid-tones.
GammaCurveNight=-5		// -10 to 10 - (-5) Gamma correction for overall color the night.  Higher values mean higher contrast, lower values mean more mid-tones.
ColorSaturationDay=2		// -10 to 10 - (3) Color saturation during the day.  Higher values mean brighter colors, lower values means a greyer image.
ColorSaturationNight=0		// -10 to 10 - (3) Color saturation during the night.  Higher values mean brighter colors, lower values means a greyer image.
UsePaletteTexture=1		// 0, 1 - (1) Enables the use of 'enbpalette.bmp' for color correction and tone-mapping, overriding some Color Correction settings (see http://enbdev.com/palette_en.htm)
[WATER]				//
UseWaterDeep=1			//
WaterDeepness=30			//
WaterQuality=0			//
UseWaterTexture=0
WaterTextureAmount=30
[sHADOW]			//
ShadowFadeStart=400		//
ShadowFadeEnd=800		//
ShadowAmountDay=70		//
ShadowAmountNight=70		//
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60		//
ShadowScreenLevelNight=20		//
ShadowQuality=0			//
UseShadowFilter=1			//
FilterQuality=1			//
ShadowBlurRange=40		//
[ENGINE]				//
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0		//
MaxAnisotropy=8			//
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0		//
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60		//
[MOTIONBLUR]			//
MotionBlurQuality=1		//
MotionBlurVelocity=10		//
MotionBlurRotation=10		//
[PERPIXELLIGHTING]		// This PERPIXELLIGHTING section is used to enhance specular lighting, I am unclear if/how this works in the Gamebryo engine.  
SpecularColorMin=0		// More details on PERPIXELLIGHTING at http://enbdev.com/doc_ppl_en.htm
SpecularColorMax=100		//
SpecularColorMultiplier=100		//
SpecularGlossinessMin=0		//
SpecularGlossinessMax=100		//
SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100	//
[DEPTHOFFIELD]			// Note:  You must also use the AA Compatibility ESP file to allow Depth of Field to work along with Anti-Aliasing!
DOFQuality=0			// 0, 1, 2 - (0) Quality of Depth of FIeld effect, 0 is highest and 2 is lowest. 
DOFNumberOfPasses=3		// 0 to 5 - (3) Number of 'passes' used to create depth of field effect.  Higher passes means higher quality, but lower performance
DOFFocusRange=150		// 0 to 1000 - (150) Size of focus range based on distance.  With higher values, less of the scene is affected by the depth of field blur.
DOFBlurinessRange=2		// 0 to 10 (3) Amount of blurring applied by the depth of field effect dependent on screen resolution			
DOFFiltered=1			// 0, 1 - (1) Enables filtering of the depth of field effect for better quality
[OBJECT]
UseExponentialLighting=1		// UNKNOWN
UseReflectiveBump=1
[FIX]
PixelShaderLimit=800		// UNKNOWN
[PLUGIN]
WeatherMod=0

I don’t find it dull or grey, I have my monitor set to photo quality picture wise, then tweak the brightness and contrast. Great depth of colours etc, also all the important in-game visual settings on very high other than terrain detail thats set to high as it won't let me have very high with video memory set at default..

Tx for sharing, enhances the game to a new quality level :bounce3:

Have you ever felt that what you see in the game feels lifeless or dull? Are the colors in your game very desaturated and lacking in rich..coloring?

This can easily be solved by tinkering with the Gamma and Brightness sliders in video options, letting you adjust the darkness and richeness of certain things, used in junction you can gain the richness of the Gamma and adjust things to not be too dark with Brightness.

You will not suffer more HDR from this, it will be the same but it may be more noticeable since you are using different settings, you should not suffer any performance issues either.

If you believe the game lacks color and it feels too dull or lifeless because of it then try the Value sliders, then go have a stroll in Chernarus you will see a vast difference.

For reference my current favored values are 1.1 Brightness and 0.9 Gamma, if you use any modified values and would like to share them please do since no one value set will work for everyone given we all use different settings and types of monitors.

Thanks for this. I've been playing for a long time and didn't even think of changing these. It made a pretty big difference to me.

Hi.

I dled it and tryed it

It halves my fps which was disappointing.

When I start my game. It loads an empty world (just the ocean)

I get 120 steady fps on there in vanilla Arma2 when I loaded it with the FNV shadders my frame rate is 60ish.

Tested it on maps as well and it halves when I turn on and off the shadders using shit+f12.

I didnt play around with the .ini as i was tired.

I may have done something wrong but I dont know what :)

My rig is in my sig

I am running arma2 @ 1920 x 1080 x 32 -- 1920 x 1080 (100%)

everything on highest setting -- post-process disabled.

The difference between on and off was minimal where graphics are concerned.

For me the small GFX improvement did not warrant the 50% fps drop

I tried just using the pallet one and even that gave me a bit of a FPS hit

Ye, granted, the FNV files with all effects enabled gave me quite a performance hit, too.

I then tried the one for FSX http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EJCNQZZB and it worked very well, especially in combination with MLAA which I´m using atm.

You don´t need all effects anyway since most of them are already implemented in ArmA2 (running everything on high/ very high).

I tried just using the pallet one and even that gave me a bit of a FPS hit

That's odd...i don't get any fps hit with only the palette :confused:

it was only 3-5FPS, but when i'm only running at 20FPS thats a pretty big difference