Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

Do you feel your Arma2 is too dull or colorless? Then this may interest you.

Cranking up Nvidia Digital Vibrance does wonders, especially for the desert maps.

Absolutely. :cool:

I don't know. Looks pretty realistic to me. Keep in mind that when you see images of autumn with really popping colors, something was done to that image to make the colors pop. It's not how the camera captured it or your mind remembers it.

I actually like to tone the contrast and colors a bit down...I dont remember autumn to be vibrant.

I use

Brightness: 0.8

Gamma: 1.2

and the "Sport" preset on my Samsung TFT (shifts picture into blue a bit)

My settign makes nice dark nights and lessens the bloom effect to practically zero with HDR enabled.

People have been using digital vibrance since OFP days.. but i dont remember Arma 1 looking this dull, my first impression of A2 was how depressing it looked, maybe Chernarus is meant to look boring but Takistan should be a little "warmer".

Everything looks so washed out and dull, trees, terrain, houses, like the lighting doesnt bring out the colours, its just white..

When the game saves i get exagerated colours for a split second, then everything goes white and dull again. Maybe something could be done to make the game look better..

If you are using nVidia another option is to increase the Digital Vibrance slider in the control panel a bit.

I have done this, it helped a little but not much, game still looks washed out and bland, the sky is the worst of it all,

on a clear day the sky is white, it should be a color rich blue.

Stealths Graphics Mod Work In Progress.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ghlight=colors

Is this still being worked on? last post is from August.

Digging up a somewhat old post here, took me forever to find it but I wanted to post an update here to what this thread was originally discussing.

I had ran into a small issue back in novemeber where the skis in my game were white and washed out, I mean it looked like crap.

I found by discovery that if you have this issue then change your video setting up or down a level from where you are at.

I did this one night only because I was getting lag and knew that the video setting change would reduce or eliminate the lag as well as just restarting the game too,

but anyways apon coming back from the adjustment, I noticed, a brighter more colorful sky, my horizon returned I had actual clouds, and the sky was blue :bounce3:

that made my night.

I just wanted to post that to inform anyone that if this is your situation that this could definatly help, or solve your issue.

the Gcard Im using is Nvidia gt 260 with latest drivers, if that helps any too.

Which specific video setting are you referring to change above?

Incidentally can somebody explain the difference between Gamma and Brightness?

I've often tried experimenting with their sliders for my NVidia card but can't see any difference between the two because they both seem to simply lighten/darken the picture.

Which specific video setting are you referring to change above?

When you go to options and then video, its your video memory you want to adjust.

Brightness will make the sun in the game brighter, Gamma will make your whole screen a lighter shade,

not the real definition but if you play with it you'll see for yourself.

Before you go adjusting color vibrancy, do the monitor set-up in the Nvidia CP. (esp where you adjust R,B,G) This brings in perfect rich color for me. Be sure to reset your vibrancy to 0 if you changed it, or you will hate me.

Anyone know if the ATI Catalyst Control Center has something similar? Like a monitor calibration thingy ...

-OP

When changing brightness you manipulate the whole color palette. Almost white things will be completely white (white-out) when going higher and black will become grey. If you go down almost-black things will disappear in the black areas and white things will become grey.

When changing gamma you manipulate the comparison between the lowest black level colors and everything above that. In other words you can change how clearly colors stick out of the black level. If you see colors disappearing in the black areas your gamma is too low. If colors stick out of the black areas too sharply your gamma is too high. Make it so colors inside black areas are about to disappear. Change brightness after you have your gamma set right.

)rStrangelove;1832762']....Make it so colors inside black areas are about to disappear. Change brightness after you have your gamma set right.

Ach sooo, danke..:)

Anyone know if the ATI Catalyst Control Center has something similar? Like a monitor calibration thingy ...

-OP

I adjust the color saturation in the CCC for playing Arma2. Can't remember right now where exactly this setting is at, will edit this post when I get home. The default value is 100, with a range from 0 to 200. The appropriate values for me are 140-150.

EDIT: Digital Panel (DVI) -> Color -> Saturation

Edited by someBoy

Before booting up AA2/OA, I right-click the desktop to bring up my NVidia options screen, then simply drag the 'Digital vibrance' slider up to around the 70% mark (default is 50%), then click 'Apply', close the screen and boot up, and bingo! the colours are more colourful..:)

I adjust the color saturation in the CCC for playing Arma2. Can't remember right now where exactly this setting is at, will edit this post when I get home. The default value is 100, with a range from 0 to 200. The appropriate values for me are 140-150.

EDIT: Digital Panel (DVI) -> Color -> Saturation

Thanks, that made quite a difference :cool:

-OP

Before booting up AA2/OA, I right-click the desktop to bring up my NVidia options screen, then simply drag the 'Digital vibrance' slider up to around the 70% mark (default is 50%), then click 'Apply', close the screen and boot up, and bingo! the colours are more colourful..:)

What Nvidia card do you have and where do you find "Digital Vibrance" please?

Nvm, just found it.

I do the complete opposite on Takistan/Desert, it's almost greyscale on my PC, makes it feel very hot, very lifeless.

What Nvidia card do you have and where do you find "Digital Vibrance" please?

Nvm, just found it.

So where did u find it?

Right click on Desktop - left click nVidia control panel - select "adjust desktop colour settings" and it is there under "apply the following enhancements"

It might be my eyes or my monitor but I dont see any difference in game when I change this setting. I will do 2 screenshots and see if there is any difference.

It might be my eyes or my monitor but I dont see any difference in game when I change this setting. I will do 2 screenshots and see if there is any difference.

After dragging the Nvidia 'Digital Vibrance' slider, don't forget to click 'Apply' before exiting the screen.

(Incidentally, on my system the Arrowhead default colours are much more washed out than Chernarus, so I usually drag the DV slider to about 75% for Arrow, and about 60% for Chern)

PS- The new colour setting will also stay on your PC in every other game and application until you go back into the Nvidia screen and click 'Restore Defaults'>'Apply'.

Edited by PoorOldSpike