Sign in to follow this  
Silver.Arrow 666

Hele reinforcements

Hi i want to make a level where say you spawn 10 UH-Y1's filled with soldiers fly to an area and unload.Would this be possible and how do i do it.

by the way i would like it to triggered by radio alpha

thanks in advance

Edited by Silver.Arrow 666

I like this idea - Was going to start thinking of putting in my own QRF (quick reaction force) elements within my missions as well.

Are you planning on controling this unit or not? (I would rather not, in my group, though I'm not yet sure about the friendly AI competence, enough to leave them on their own.....maybe making the one guy in charge of the QRF "playable" could be an option).

As for the plan, I think you would need to "sync" a trigger (with radio alpha) along with a move order (for the heli insertion). At least to get them there...... After that, putting together a WP order, is the next step (somewhat complicated depending on what the situation is on the ground?).

Because how does the QRF know where to go / meet up with the guys who are in contact (with the enemy). You might need to place that QRF call from all different locations depending on how the OP goes prior (to the call).

thanks i got the idea from a film call We Were Soldiers, by the no im not going to be controlling the force but will have the guy in charge playable just in case.

and also i would like it to be repeated so i could send in another wave of reinforcements in case things get hard and need more manpower.

I think the main problem of bringing in an AI controlled QRF....is simply being able to control (within some scope and reason) 1. Where the QRF will go / or better where it needs to go once inserted via Helicopter. and 2. That once it gets to the right location (of where your unit happens to be in contact with the enemy)...that it reacts it a competent enough manner to get you out of trouble but not going off to far and getting itself into trouble...

I think BIS would do a great service to find a way to make calling for "generic" "on call" type helicopter extractions (for various units that you could simply click and put inside) would be termendously helpful....... Thus when you called in a QRF for example.... you could remove them from the map (and back to base) quickly and easily once their help is no longer needed.

i agree it would be helpful if BIS would find a way to make calling for "generic" "on call" type helicopter extractions (for various units that you could simply click and put inside) would be termendously helpful....... Thus when you called in a QRF for example.... you could remove them from the map (and back to base) quickly and easily once their help is no longer needed.

EDIT: Just had an idea so you dont have an AI controlled QRF but instead have it run from a ingame object say for example a laptop or satilite phone but dont if it would work it be similar to AC130 script.

:dancehead::dancehead::dancehead:

The more I think on this (the idea of a QRF). The best option is to have the QRF board a sitting Helicopter .... Have the helicopter move order "synced" with a tirgger event - (Make the trigger event based on a Radio Alpha call).

Have the helicopter move order brought somewhere ...somewhat near where you can forsee hostilities and the need for help (but far enough away so the LZ won't be too hot).

Make the Fire Team leader of the QRF (playable) so you can somewhat manage the QRF to where you need them once they show up....

It would greatly help things if BIS would make the controls of multiple fire teams less cumbersome than it is now.... As is now it is overly complicated and terrible when lots of action is going on...... If we could simply have a one-key toggle for EACH fire team this would be a tremendous help. .... The whole hitting the space bar bringing up each/ALL teams is very hard and easily mistake prone.

hi again done what you said and it works not quite what i needed but will do for now

:yay:

EDIT:the mission is north pobeda dam on chernarus there's a large opening perfect for a landing

After some play testing last night.....

I think the best option (until BIS updates the players interface for commanding mulitple fire teams in a useful and effiicent way).....Is to set a trigger (radio alpha or bravo) linked to a move order for a QRF Helicopter.

(prior to that, have your QRF infantry unit with a "get in" WP...Sync with a "load" WP for the helicopter... (the move helicopter WP, should be the second WP for the helicopter.....which is the one sync'ed with the Trigger).

Make the lead element of your QRF "playable"......and thus once the QRF lands in your general area...you can take over from there and get them at least into the fight and placed in a general zone which should be helpful and putting rounds down on enemy targets...(until there is time for you all to evac).

Of course this is somewhat cumbersome having to switch back from your main unit to the lead of the QRF....but it can work..

I have a similar idea to this and was wondering if it would be easier to impliment it with high command? That way you can control whole squads as if they were one unit and alot easier then managing alot of individual units...