Sign in to follow this  
scorpionfalcon

Eye for an Eye (crazy thing that happened)

You guys won't believe what happened at extraction A. When I ordered 2-4 to mount the vehicle, 3 and 4 walked into the small pond next to the road and STARTED SWIMMING! At that point I couldn't believe my eyes and when I tried to order them again into the vehicle, they wouldn't comply (they just kept on swimming). I also tried to issue the move command, with no luck. Can anyone explain what in the world just happened there? Is this a huge bug, or an example of AI unpredictability at it's best lol.

my guess is that it's the fabulous AI. Try to order than into safe mode and order them to stand up. Maybe they will drown and you can complete the mission.

I just replayed this mission and one of my men was wounded and couldn't walk so he had to crawl all the way to the extraction. I got bored after 2 minutes and shot him and healed him, but he still couldn't walk.

Haha, that's funny, god knows, maybe you hit a wrong key for commands, maybe the AI fancied some funky time in the pond. WHo knows, Give patch 1.07 a shot though!

They are trying to reach the "get in (or board) memorypoint" in order to start board the chopper. This point is located some distance from the chopper (or expected landing position). Test it in the editor and see how they stack up at a certain point, quite some distance from the chopper. When the chopper lands, they will run to it from that point. From a safety point of view, it is a very natural thing to do, i.e to avoid the tail rotor.

The only way to control it, or fight it, is to "know" where that point might be, and plan against it so it doesn't happen to be in water or something.