Sign in to follow this  
ben_s

ArmA II multiplayer

Hey, ive been playing ArmA II a while on SP and Coop modes, but not much gone into Multiplayer. Now, ive played a match or two, not really got into it much.

So, whats mutliplayer like? any good servers you know? What are gamemodes? and which do you think is best?

Also, what mods are most commonly used with mutliplayer games?

I hear ACE is used alot. Well since

ArmA II + ACE = :yay:

Anyways... i dont play mutliplayer on many games at all. So any guidance would be nice too.

Thanks.

Ben :cool:

yes ACE2 is the primary mod that most Public Servers use in order to recruit people. If you are going to play Multiplayer, your best bet to enjoy the full potential would be to join a realism unit that can create custom missions, and provide a good enough playerbase in order for you to enjoy the atmosphere of teamwork and cohesion. Most public servers play Domination or Warfare with endless respawns, which in my opinion isnt really fun. I run a realism unit called Ares Military Forces which is based after a fictional Private Military Corporation. If you ever want to play a good operation or two or even join up with us just let me and know and I will give you the info and if our unit is right for you then kudos. If not I will direct you to a unit that I think you would like if we arent the one for you.

Check the newcomers guide to multiplayer linked too in my signature file

These days, you can't really play an online match without having some kind of modified game. This can be both good and bad.

Ok, will do. Look forward to seeing you out there!

P.S. Whats the best gamemode?

personally i like and can suggest u nice coop missions..good ones are rare to find but on LOL server are always good ones..at times warefare is nice too..i cant realy get into domination..i not like it this much..and if u have Teamspeak is great on coop´s :) best is u try different things and pick out what u like ^^

P.S. Whats the best gamemode?

There isn't one. :p

You can do everything from "familiar" team death matches of varying complexity, from simple capture the flag to massive, organised battles. There's also domination and warfare as mentioned above.

Beyond those are co-op missions that can't be categorised as a game mode. They're more like story-based missions with real world objectives that are limited only by the mission maker's imagination and the players' ability to co-ordinate.

You'll have to decide whether you want to casually join a public server and hope for the best, or join a squad who'll take you under their wing, or something in between.

Arma2 isnt a game with multiplayer gamemodes, its a big editor with everybody can make his own gamemode.

The vanilla arma gamemodes are not played anymore, you find much others.

Check Bennys Warfare for mixed pvp/coop, its similar to superpowers but less buggy and more stable.

otherwise there is ASS (bf2-project reality conquest), ctf, some realwar scenarios, a million coop gametypes and much much more. check armaholic

p.s. you should use a addon sync program like YOMA or SIX updater to keep your mods up to date for online playing (i prefer yoma, you have much more mods avaiable over it)

Edited by Pain0815

(...) otherwise there is ASS (bf2-project reality conquest) (...)

Lol - guess you mean AAS, not ASS :yay:

What he meant was, that "AAS kicks ASS" and that it is coming from Novalogics Joint Operations, that was released before BF2 btw. ;-)

Another great thing is, that you don´t have to set up any kind of updater for playing AAS. Just get the Installer and you´re almost done, just search for AAS in your ArmA2-Server-Browser.

Thanks guys, lots of modes to choose from.

I like the old sorta, conquest mode ideas from BF. Where tactics become key. Anyone know a good gamemode for that?

/ server ofc.

Cant wait to play. But randomly joining servers is bad. Even i know that :p

I like the old sorta, conquest mode ideas from BF. Where tactics become key. Anyone know a good gamemode for that?

/ server ofc.

Yep, that's quite close to AAS. One difference being that there are no tickets but the control points are capped in order, i.e. you cap them by outnumbering the enemy, and the speed of capping is defined by the difference of player numbers of both teams. Then, you move on to the next control point.

Cool, will have to check it out!

Know any good servers that use it? Im on latest patch btw. :)

/ server ofc.

There is a Battlefield 2 mode but I've rarely seen it being played.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8371

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8768

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7630

You can have AI play empty slots on each side or none at all.

Try ace warfare (CTI gamemode)

HOW TO PLAY WARFARE

Its mixed pvp coop, with basebuilding, buying equipment and teammates.

And you fight all over the map in almost all towns for checkpoints and bunkers against civillians and the enemy army(players + squads).

There should be always a few servers up with warfare, its 32 ppl game 16 vs 16 and each can recruit 12 so its a 208 vs 208 + 3rd party AI game.

Try ace mod with war fx mod and chammys soundmod.

Edited by Pain0815

Cool!

Im gonna have to try out some of these. Thanks again. :D