Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Hi :)

@[45Cdo]Kotp:

I'm sorry, I missed your PM, but I will fulfill your wish today :rolleyes:

@vengeance1:

If you have a closer look at the latest version, then you could find something about "extendedSound". That's what u need I think ;)

@MadMike.48th:

Many thanks my friend :)

Greeting

Silola

Siola, any chance of a bisign with that extra sound pbo? We want to roll out DAC clan wide but can't do it without this... signing it ourselves makes updates a pain.

What is the difference between pbo and script-variante?

One needs the .pbo active to play(read .pbo version, not contained in the mission.) The other doesn't not(script version, DAC runs through the mission itself.) This way others only need to DL the mission and whatever other AddOns/Mods you use, but not the DAC .pbo version.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

What is the difference between pbo and script-variante?

One needs the .pbo active to play(read .pbo version, not contained in the mission.) The other doesn't not(script version, DAC runs through the mission itself.) This way others only need to DL the mission and whatever other AddOns/Mods you use, but not the DAC .pbo version.

Some like that way better. Personal preference really.

If other players only have to load the mission and no addon, the script-version is much better, I think. Or has the pbo-variante other advantages?

...I can remember very weak. There was something to do for you

Sorry, but give me a little bit time

:p hehe nice!!

If other players only have to load the mission and no addon, the script-version is much better, I think. Or has the pbo-variante other advantages?

I would say that the main advantage is mission file size. It's less bandwidth for people joining sessions, less interruption for people already ingame.

silola to run the scripted version on a server do I do

DAC_Zone = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqf";

DAC_Objects = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Objects.sqf";

execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

inside of a If (isserver) statement?

or do I just run

if(!isServer) then {waitUntil{!isNull player}};

This statement looks like its checking to see the mission is not run on a server.

gunterlund21, the following code is correct:

Info:

The latest version has a little bug. You get an error message when you try to call the "DAC_fNewZone" function, to generate a DAC zone during a mission.

(Thx to Gnome for the hint)

A fixed version is comming soon.

The new version also contains two simple Sector-Fight example missions

and a valid key for the extended sound.pbo

Greeting

Silola

Hi all sorry for bringing this up again, this is regarding my posts #391-393 im still trying to figure out how i can make opfor, blufor and resistance side all hostile towards each other using DAC i know it says this in the read me

DAC_Res_Side = 1

This variable defines the side which RACS are fighting for.

You must (!) apply the same settings that are given in the editor.

0 = resistance friendly to EAST

1 = resistance friendly to WEST

2 = resistance friendly to NOBODY

Attention! With this setting RACS will fight alone against EAST & WEST, whereas EAST & WEST are friendly to each other!

im just wondering if there is a way around this thanks.

Deg

Hi all sorry for bringing this up again, this is regarding my posts #391-393 im still trying to figure out how i can make opfor, blufor and resistance side all hostile towards each other using DAC i know it says this in the read me

I think I've found that bug. Please wait for the new version V3.0c so you can try it out ;)

Greeting

Silola

gunterlund21, the following code is correct:

Info:

The latest version has a little bug. You get an error message when you try to call the "DAC_fNewZone" function, to generate a DAC zone during a mission.

(Thx to Gnome for the hint)

A fixed version is comming soon.

The new version also contains two simple Sector-Fight example missions

and a valid key for the extended sound.pbo

Greeting

Silola

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the one function I use the most. Well Ill wait for the fix.

Greetings Silola,

I sent you a PM a good while back when you were probably busy with all that pesky RL stuff. btw- I'm right there with you on RL rearing it's ugly cumbersome head from time to time. :)

Question regards DAC_fReleaseGroup:

DAC_fReleaseGroup works as expected, releasing the desired group from the DAC system. However, once the group is released, it seems not to respond to any forthcoming move commands. In fact, the only way I seem to be able to get the group moving, is to do a join and join all of the units within that group to a newly created group.

Shouldn't a move command work on a newly released group? Any idea what might be going on? Hope this makes sense.

Anyhow, hope all's well. Thanks!

@MadRussian:

Please forgive me, but there were some problems im my RL :o

I will try to solve the problem of course. Give me a little bit more time.

Thx and bye

Silola

Hi, as you are talking about bugs I will give you two things that I would like to have changed/fixed :)

From my mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1683240&postcount=289) I noticed that when a base is activated again I must use a base with objects, if I use an empty base without anything nothing is respawned when the zone is activated again. Everything else works just fine.

The other thing I would like to have improved is the arty-shells. I would like to be able to use BIS arty shells. That way I could use proper smoke and illumination aswell :)

No biggies but I hope you could have a look at this.

Thank you!

Hey no worries and take your time mate. You've created this masterpiece for us, after all, and I'll never forget that. :)

For now, you have at least confirmed there is actually a problem there with DAC? (As in, maybe I'm doing something slightly wrong to invoke release from DAC or something after, and thus maybe it's not DAC's fault that the released group will not respond?)

Edited by MadRussian

Greeting

Silola

Should it run both on the client and the server?

I've come across two problems:

1) DAC group won't get in empty guns even though i have the probability at 100% and defined the guns in the gunsallowed array. I've tried with different behaviours also, still no difference.

2) After a while, i've noticed that many groups go prone and remain stuck at a position.

@andersson:

The other thing I would like to have improved is the arty-shells. I would like to be able to use BIS arty shells. That way I could use proper smoke and illumination aswell

What do u mean with "BIS arty shells"?

You can define one or more (for each impact) arti shell types within the DAC_Config_Arti file.

I noticed that when a base is activated again I must use a base with objects, if I use an empty base without anything nothing is respawned when the zone is activated again.

Ok, I must try this and I look for a solution.

But I have an idea what you should try....

Instead of using real objects, you take logic objects!

A similar configuration could look like this:

_campBasic     = ["Logic",["Logic",8,5,0],["Logic",5,0,0],["Logic",10,15,0],0];
_campAmmo      = [];
_campStatic    = [];
_campAddUnit   = [];
_campUserObj   = [];
_campRandomObj = [];
_campWall      = [];
_campObjInit   = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];

@gunterlund21:

Should it run both on the client and the server?

Yes mate :)

@verde13:

1) DAC group won't get in empty guns even though i have the probability at 100% and defined the guns in the gunsallowed array. I've tried with different behaviours also, still no difference.

2) After a while, i've noticed that many groups go prone and remain stuck at a position.

Hmm ... I will try to reproduce the error.

Are you sure that you have made the correct settings, and these have also loaded?

@Silola:

go to work on DAC V3.0c

Greeting

Silola

@MadRussian:

DAC_fReleaseGroup works as expected, releasing the desired group from the DAC system. However, once the group is released, it seems not to respond to any forthcoming move commands. In fact, the only way I seem to be able to get the group moving, is to do a join and join all of the units within that group to a newly created group.

I made a quick test and I have found no problems.

A group that I have released from the DAC system, I could easily command with "group move position".

I appreciate that you make a mistake somewhere.

If u have no idea to solve your prob let me know. I think we can find a solution :)

Greeting

Silola

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Hi again :)

@verde13:

Also here I made a quick test and I have found again no problems.

Two things you should try...

- Use standard units and standard statics (only to see what happens)

- change to the following behavior settings:

_setFleeing = [0,300];
_setEmpVeh  = [[200,100],[200,100]];

The 2nd Value of "_setFleeing" determines the maximum distance between the gunner and the leader before the gunner gets out of the gun in order to rejoin the group.

Maybe this information helps you :rolleyes:

Greeting

Silola